Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Welcome and good luck Dave. I'd advise that you ask Stockport just to appoint an interim manager who could be back by Easter.
  • PWADDICK said:
    Challinor is just Garner all over again in my opinion 
    An your reason for that is ?
    Manager who lost in league 2 play offs who we pull out to manage us
  • Glad I haven't got a season ticket. Will be going Saturday & then that's my lot for a while. Daughter of to Uni & a house move all planned for the next 6 weeks. 

• All in all I think Challinor would be a good appointment given the clubs current level, I'm not sure how many better managers we could reasonably attract. A great managerial record spanning over a decade with a history of promotions. Those who think the likes of Jones or Wilder would ever come to us were always going to be disappointed whoever we hired.
  • He can't be any good if he'd take the Charlton job.
  • If it is Challinor it will be a pretty long way away from the stomping ground he is used to.
    That there London and all.
  • All these names being banded about whether Cowley or Challinor are all meh to me, as tbh I have no effective way to judge which of them is the better option, IMO they’re all in the same wheel house as the pool of talent we’re shopping in is a reality of ten years of poor management of the club. 

We’re a managerial graveyard 13 managers in 10 years, 17 in 17, none exactly gone on to anything notable since leaving us… doesn’t seem like an appealing project to most I’d expect. 

Hope I’m wrong but fear the reality is we’ll end up trying a few of these type managers, as we already have, until we hit on one. 

It’s more luck than science at this point as the quality serious candidates are just not available to us. But hope we get on with it quickly, support the next guy and with a bit of luck get us in the right direction, to me the main criteria is personality fit for SMT and the players. 

In one way it’s an earlier reality check than expected for the new owners this start to the season, at least they now know from the off there’s no quick and easy path in case any illusions. 

• Glad I haven't got a season ticket. Will be going Saturday & then that's my lot for a while. Daughter of to Uni & a house move all planned for the next 6 weeks. 

Let me know if you need any decent financial advice re' house move mate, know a couple of people 
  • Sponsored links:

• What if...all these names being leaked is to lengthen the odds on our actual appointment...Charlie and his mates all lump on someone at 33/1, appoint them and...bingo...funds for a striker on deadline day
    Frank Lampard was 33/1, Franck
  • Gribbo said:
    What if...all these names being leaked is to lengthen the odds on our actual appointment...Charlie and his mates all lump on someone at 33/1, appoint them and...bingo...funds for a striker on deadline day
    Frank Lampard was 33/1, Franck
    Heard it here first
  • What if...all these names being leaked is to lengthen the odds on our actual appointment...Charlie and his mates all lump on someone at 33/1, appoint them and...bingo...funds for a striker on deadline day
    By George I think you have solved it 
  • If its Challinor looks like clint hill will come with him as assistant who has followed him in his last few jobs

Ex palace but that aside was a great defender in his time and hopefully would help sort our numpty defending out !!

So your plans have not changed, just trying to make a point ? 
  • Some people think that because Challinor is at Stockport that he’s some how a poor appointment.

He has a better recent managerial record that pretty much everyone else on our radar, including Powell and Bowyer.

Stockport would beat us at the moment.
    They beat us last season.
  • Billyboy said:
    What a pond we are now finishing in. With all due respect Stockport manager (lost 3 out of their first 5 games) and now the Northampton manager. 
    Glad we have billionaires owning the club that are clearly going for the cheap options and shows a complete lack of ambition.
    Who do you expect us to go for considering we are a league 1 club?...  who do you think we can attract?
    There mangers that have more experience than managing teams that play lower league football. The likes of Gary Monk plays a good brand of football and has been sucessful in the past. 
    The board now has the oppertunity to put down a marker to the fans what their intentions are and the managers of both Stockport and Northampton are hardly going to get the fans flooding back are they ?
  • ValleyBen said:
    Nobody really knows if this will be a successful hire or not but other then CP, on paper Challinor seems the best from who we have been linked with.
    I tend to agree although I'd still like Jones or Warburton.

Seems like someone who builds a team, which we need, and is on an upwards rise.

Not a glamorous or "name" appointment but I'm not really bothered about that.

We'll have to see how it works out over the next couple of days but doubt very much it is a done deal so soon after an interview yesterday or today.
    Yeah right!

Our extensive interviewing all done & dusted by noon Day 2. IF this is 'done' I suspect it was lined up in advance and all the other names are pie in the sky.

The question should be any connection between him and our SMT from previous gigs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Billyboy said:
    What a pond we are now finishing in. With all due respect Stockport manager (lost 3 out of their first 5 games) and now the Northampton manager. 
    Glad we have billionaires owning the club that are clearly going for the cheap options and shows a complete lack of ambition.
    Who do you expect us to go for considering we are a league 1 club?...  who do you think we can attract?
    There mangers that have more experience than managing teams that play lower league football. The likes of Gary Monk plays a good brand of football and has been sucessful in the past. 
    The board now has the oppertunity to put down a marker to the fans what their intentions are and the managers of both Stockport and Northampton are hardly going to get the fans flooding back are they ?
    I’d rather Challinor or Brady over Monk, both with recent promotions and success. 
  • Gribbo said:
    Glad I haven't got a season ticket. Will be going Saturday & then that's my lot for a while. Daughter of to Uni & a house move all planned for the next 6 weeks. 

Let me know if you need any decent financial advice re' house move mate, know a couple of people 
    Financial.advice I can do

Packing & moving is something else !!!
  • This is gonna be the worst potential ITK post of all time but fuck it. 

Darren Moore just gave a talk at my job. Whilst saying goodbye to people Moore stated he is staying in London overnight and the host wished him luck for tomorrow.

No idea what he's doing tomorrow but hopefully he's interviewing to be our manager.
    Thought the interviews were yesterday and today, so if he's holding out for tomorrow he might be late. Maybe he interviewed yesterday and the announcement is tomorrow? So wished him luck as is "hope you get it"
    That was a quick deletion. 
  • I do not really care who our new manager will be, how can you judge from previous clubs. I will give him  to Christmas before I decide. Be interesting to see what if any coaches he brings with him and which players we bring in before tomorrow
  • sam3110 said:
    This is gonna be the worst potential ITK post of all time but fuck it. 

Darren Moore just gave a talk at my job. Whilst saying goodbye to people Moore stated he is staying in London overnight and the host wished him luck for tomorrow.

No idea what he's doing tomorrow but hopefully he's interviewing to be our manager.
    Thought the interviews were yesterday and today, so if he's holding out for tomorrow he might be late. Maybe he interviewed yesterday and the announcement is tomorrow? So wished him luck as is "hope you get it"
    KM did it all in one morning, 20 interviews and a decision, not bad considering she did not start before 10am 😃
  • Anyone managed to read the "Texas document"  ????

Did it have anything in it about sacking the manager, appointing a lower league replacement and then f**king up the transfer window, all in the first month. 

Those yanks must have more money than sense. 
  • PWADDICK said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Challinor is just Garner all over again in my opinion 
    An your reason for that is ?
    Manager who lost in league 2 play offs who we pull out to manage us
    Maybe look at his managerial record past the last 4 months? 
  • ross1 said:
    I do not really care who our new manager will be, how can you judge from previous clubs. I will give him  to Christmas before I decide. Be interesting to see what if any coaches he brings with him and which players we bring in before tomorrow
    Will the board give them until Christmas?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!