Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• The bum on a seat search continues!
  • Just hope Challinor or whoever can bring their backroom staff with them too.

Holden | Garner | Adkins... None of them have been able to select their own staff.
    Agreed, though not so much for Garner who brought Scott Marshall with him
  • edited August 2023
    Will Challinor bring Will Collar with him, the midfielder who played very well against us last season in the cup !? Scored too 

You are sticking your neck out with that double.
    And it's Dave Challinor 🙄
  • Dave Challinor to Charlton is reportedly done ✅ 

He leaves Stockport after guiding them back into the EFL and then reaching the League Two Play Off final the season after…
    From one of these many websites on social media concerning league one ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Sad really.

Is this what we have come too ?  No disrespect to any of the teams or their fans but interviewing managers at Stockport & Northampton is not my idea of success.

SE7 Partners have been in charge for 6 weeks & things are starting to unravel already.

Utter shambles.
    I think you're forgetting that Charlton have now been established in league 1 for a good while & are currently 19th in the table. 

We're not an appealing prospect for established premier league/championship level managers .

We'll have to look at managers on their way up 
  • I have no problem with Challinor.
    I get the impression he'll take no nonsense which does make you wonder why he'd even take the job.  
  • Challinor is just Garner all over again in my opinion 
  • Sponsored links:

• PWADDICK said:
    Challinor is just Garner all over again in my opinion 
    An your reason for that is ?
  • Don’t know much about Challinor, or what he’s done at Stockport but I’m more interested in seeing if he can do it at this level as well, than giving someone like Cowley or Appleton another chance when their track records already strongly suggest they aren’t the right men to go a team promoted from league one.

No guaranteed outcomes though, whoever we appoint and this season is already looking like a write off. 
  • From the heady rumours and false briefings of Chris Powell and Lee Bowyer to the cheap compliant reality of Dave Challinor from Stockport County.

Thank you SE7 partners for ruining my  life. 

Dave Challinor's red army? I don't think so. 
    Nothing would ever make you happy my friend. 
  • From the heady rumours and false briefings of Chris Powell and Lee Bowyer to the cheap compliant reality of Dave Challinor from Stockport County.

Cheap? He signed a 3 year contract on July, so the cheap option would have been the likes of Cowley or even Bowyer. He's been successful at multiple clubs. 
  • Might just as well let Pearce have some games and see how he goes 
    How does that work? One has managed sides to promotions and the other has coached u14s for a season
  • Leftpeg said:
    From the heady rumours and false briefings of Chris Powell and Lee Bowyer to the cheap compliant reality of Dave Challinor from Stockport County.

Cheap? He signed a 3 year contract on July, so the cheap option would have been the likes of Cowley or even Bowyer. He's been successful at multiple clubs. 
    Exactly, it’s probably the most expensive option from all the names. Stockport are well-backed financially so it’s not going to be cheap to get him 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!