Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Valley11 said:
    Cowley would be such a vanilla, uninspiring, happy to be middle of the road appointment.
    Which pretty much describes what we’ve become. 

Question...who would be an inspiring and realistic choice of manager?
    Powell or Jones. Simple. 

• We also don’t know which in work managers have been approached and knocked us back apart from Ferguson. I’d guess there are others. 
  • Hoping this is more Methven PR tactics, put Cowley and Appleton out there so that when it’s Leam Richardson instead everyone is happy 
  • Leuth said:
    There's a giant mugshot of Danny Cowley on the U. Greenwich Avery Hill indoor sports hall wall. Gonna go to winter cricket nets and point at the guy and be all "this is MY manager" as we climb to 17th in the table
    You could always practice your pull hook against it mate 😈.
  • RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:
    There's a giant mugshot of Danny Cowley on the U. Greenwich Avery Hill indoor sports hall wall. Gonna go to winter cricket nets and point at the guy and be all "this is MY manager" as we climb to 17th in the table
    You could always practice your pull hook against it mate 😈.
    It's to the right-hander's off-side, so maybe my switch-hit (which I HAVE)
  • Has JFH put his name in the hat again?
    Surely he has a chance now? 😜
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    Cowley would be such a vanilla, uninspiring, happy to be middle of the road appointment.

Graham Arnold
  • Has JFH put his name in the hat again?
    There was one more Charlton legend, one more that we all forgot
  • Leuth said:
    Has JFH put his name in the hat again?
    There was one more Charlton legend, one more that we all forgot
    after being informed that CP had left the england coaching set up i saw that JFH has taken up a role with them
  • Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:

Powell or Jones. Simple. 

Is Nathan Jones realistic?!

He was on the EFL podcast yesterday, and seemed to be enjoying his time away. He will go to a championship club. 
  • either someone’s put a big lump on or something’s happening 
  • edited August 2023
    I wonder if Jon Brady from Northampton Town will be considered.

Overcame a mass of injury woes to still gain automatic promotion from L2 last season.

Has the legendary Colin Calderwood as his assistant manager, ready to bring in and sort out the defence. 
  • I’m not sure how we can compare a managers success at one club and lack of it at another, without knowing the parameters in place, which will clearly dictate their ability to do the job in the way they may wish.

We only have to look at the manager success rate or lack of at Charlton to know this.

Being a successful manager or player at one club is no guarantee it’ll be the same at another.

I’m not encouraged by any of the potential candidates being mentioned so far, but sadly that’s the pond we’re fishing in at the moment and I don’t necessarily think it reflects the owners remit, just the reality of not chucking money at the problem and others not wanting to join an ailing club residing in Groundhog Day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:

Powell or Jones. Simple. 

Is Nathan Jones realistic?!

He was on the EFL podcast yesterday, and seemed to be enjoying his time away. He will go to a championship club. 
    Never in a million years while we are in League 1
  • edited August 2023

at least he'll sort out the long throw problem : - )

Interesting choice, been pretty successful in Management so far

Never taken charge of a League One club though

• at least he'll sort out the long throw problem : - )

I hope that isn’t representative of the calibre of ‘in work’ managers we’re interviewing. Done a very good job at Stockport but feels like we’d be a big step up for him
  • If he doesn’t come to us, not sure I’d be too happy as a Stockport fan seeing that my manager was looking elsewhere!
  • fenaddick said:

at least he'll sort out the long throw problem : - )

I hope that isn’t representative of the calibre of ‘in work’ managers we’re interviewing. Done a very good job at Stockport but feels like we’d be a big step up for him
    Are we that big a step up right now?
  • Bailey said:
    With all these 'failed managers' being mentioned, I'd rather go with Pearce and see how it works out.
    Yep. He might not be in the same bracket as Powell but he'll have everyone's support. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!