Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• I can’t see it happening next week, this will drag on for weeks, it’s finding the right person, alll the legal stuff to go through etc, this isn’t going to be a quick process in my book.

The fact we’ve had a game called off, also gives us more time.

The question for me is, will we be happy with the replacement?
  • edited August 2023
    Leuth said:
    Right, I've cracked it how about...

DOF - Curbs
    Manager - Powell
    Assistant - Bowyer
    First team coach - Jackson
    Defence coach - Brownie
    Attacking coach - Euell

Come on Chaz get it done
    Bowyer as Chief Security Officer surely 

• ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Manager will be appointed/announced early next week. 
    Was this said to you like they have made a decision / a manager is close to joining

or they ideally would like one in place by then whoever it may be ?
    I think there are still a few interviews tomorrow but sounds as if one went very well today. 
    I presume the Cawleys and Appleton were today? 
  • ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Was this said to you like they have made a decision / a manager is close to joining

or they ideally would like one in place by then whoever it may be ?
    I think there are still a few interviews tomorrow but sounds as if one went very well today. 
    Ok thanks mate fingers crossed they get the right man in and they dont balls this up 🤞🏻🙏🏻
  • Either Chris or Ian will suit me! PoweLL & BowYeR don’t owe us anything 
  • supaclive said:
    ButtleJR said:
    No.  Let's get it right so you're not open to ridicule...

"You've heard that the Manager will be appointed/announced early next week"

But we haven't even finished the interviews yet? 😂 Appleton and Cowleys are tomorrow aren't they?
  • Croydon said:
    supaclive said:
    ButtleJR said:
    No.  Let's get it right so you're not open to ridicule...

"You've heard that the Manager will be appointed/announced early next week"

But we haven't even finished the interviews yet? 😂 Appleton and Cowleys are tomorrow aren't they?
    No.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    Croydon said:
    reamsofverse Avatar
    reamsofverse
    Season Ticket Holder

likePost Options                     Options                          
    Chris Powell looking a cert if he wants it. All depends on how much, initially only being offered it on an interim basis has put him off.

👀👀
    This makes no sense. Can't call it a cert when there's all those variables that haven't been sorted 
    Why are you posting this on this site?
    If you want to slag the bloke off at least be brave enough to do it directly to him, after all, you are obviously on that site.
    He'll get called a load of filth, then banned.
  • No disrespect intended to Dubai or Damo, but if this is being briefed by someone in a position to know, directly or indirectly, I am confident they are not telling the truth.

That'll make a change.
  • Chatting to a colleague today who is an ex professional, played in the lower leagues. He’s still around the scene and knows a few current players.

Mentioned to me today that he’d been chatting to a Charlton player (I won’t mention names), this player said he was not surprised Holden got sacked, supposedly there was no structure to the training, players got away with things and Holden really lost control, preferring to be one of the lads.

I have no reason to doubt anything my colleague told me, and it also explains why our players look spent after 70 minutes!  

Oh and he mentioned that Chuks has had another setback!! 
    Does add up given the general feedback when he joined.

Methven or Scott (can't find the quote online but stand by it): "Great on the grass, the players love him" 

Bristol City Fans: "Out of his depth"
  • Good lord, it's likely to be Danny Cowley apparently. This is one episode of Reams Says I'm desperately hoping isn't true.
  • Cowley is the market favourite at 3/1
  • Cowley would be hugely uninspiring. Down naff-all since leaving Lincoln.
    2019/20: full season with Huddersfield, finished 18th in the Championship

2020/21: 12 games at the back end of the season with Portsmouth - winning six (two draws, four losses). Team were in 10th and ended the season in 8th.

2021/22: full season with Portsmouth, finished 10th. 20 games won out of 46 (13 draws, 13 losses)

2022/23: 22 games with Portsmouth, sacked after 1-3 defeat to Charlton. Team was in 12th and finished season in 8th. Record: W7 D10 L5

• Sponsored links:

2020/21: 12 games at the back end of the season with Portsmouth - winning six (two draws, four losses). Team were in 10th and ended the season in 8th.

2021/22: full season with Portsmouth, finished 10th. 20 games won out of 46 (13 draws, 13 losses)

2022/23: 22 games with Portsmouth, sacked after 1-3 defeat to Charlton. Team was in 12th and finished season in 8th. Record: W7 D10 L5

Very respectable record imo, would certainly steer us closer to promotion than relegation and for now that will do. We get it wrong we could be in a relegation fight in all seriousness.

The amount of draws is staggering though, makes me wonder if it's a playstyle issue or player quality issue. It's not like Huddersfield or Portsmouth have squads overflowing with quality and they were pivotal in Lincoln's growth as a club, could argue thet wouldn't be where they are now without him.

Out of all the realistic options this seems the most sound to me if we aren't including ex Charlton managers..
  • edited August 2023
    Cowley would be hugely uninspiring. Down naff-all since leaving Lincoln.

Not sure if this is supposed to be in favour or against my opinion, but I would say finishing close to the championship relegation zone with a Huddersfield team that was in the premier league the season before, and then mid table mediocrity in league one 3 seasons running with Pompey, a similar sized and funded club to us, is the dictionary definition of doing naff-all. 
    It wasn’t really intended either way - although I do think your recollection of their season at Huddersfield is a bit harsh. That team was in free fall and they had to turn it around quickly. 

I thought they had the full season there but that’s incorrect, they came in after six games & the team they took on had one point from a possible eighteen. 

I remember they stuffed us up at their place 4-0 as well… depressing afternoon that was. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51547899

The conclusion I did come to after summarising their last four years is that it’s probably the right fit for where we are as a club right now, as depressing as that will be for some to hear.

Let’s hope, if it is the Cowley brothers, it all clicks for them and for us and they get the League One promotion that they couldn’t manage at Portsmouth.
  • AndyG said:
    Chatting to a colleague today who is an ex professional, played in the lower leagues. He’s still around the scene and knows a few current players.

Mentioned to me today that he’d been chatting to a Charlton player (I won’t mention names), this player said he was not surprised Holden got sacked, supposedly there was no structure to the training, players got away with things and Holden really lost control, preferring to be one of the lads.

I have no reason to doubt anything my colleague told me, and it also explains why our players look spent after 70 minutes!  

Oh and he mentioned that Chuks has had another setback!! 
    I thought it weird when Assimwi liked the tweet from the club re holders departure. Why does the last bit not surprise me at all ? You couldn’t make it up mate. Still apparently Wrexham are in for him 😂 
    That probably makes sense of Holden's statement that Leaving one at the back when we have a corner was the players decision. 
  • edited August 2023
    Crowley’s mic’d up, taking training at HTFC.
    Quite old school - and very Alan Partridge:

https://youtu.be/dvNZJsnCOsY?si=AKn6BSs5YSfLQRZI
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!