Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Am I not the only person who think Johnnie Jackson might be worth a second crack at the whip?
    Think he's probably quite satisfied where he is. 
    1-0 up v Chelsea.
  • edited August 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Am I not the only person who think Johnnie Jackson might be worth a second crack at the whip?
    Think he's probably quite satisfied where he is. 
    1-0 up v Chelsea.
    1-1😉
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Too early, and I don’t think he’d want to come back this soon anyway. Let him do well with AFC Wimbledon, a club that will give him time. He’d be silly to come back here and probably end up sacked in a years time 
  • thenewbie said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Valley11 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Valley11 said:
    A clamour for Bowyer and even considering Cowley or a return for Robinson makes me wonder if we deserve what we’re getting at the moment.
    I know expectations are set to low, but really?! 

We’re nearly bottom of league 2 with a poor squad and no manager at the end of August. It would be odd if expectations were sky high . I do wonder who you might prefer ?   

Nathan Jones or Leam Richardson. Both perfectly gettable and infinitely more ambitious than bringing back former managers.

What has Richardson achieved that is so ambitious ? Jones wouldn’t touch this 
    Promotion into the championship.
    Sounds familiar 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Yes

IMHO
  • BetVictor odds about to move as I'm lumping on Chris Powell
    It worked.  Now 6-1
  • Right, I've cracked it how about...

DOF - Curbs
    Manager - Powell
    Assistant - Bowyer
    First team coach - Jackson
    Defence coach - Brownie
    Attacking coach - Euell

Come on Chaz get it done
    Bowyer as Chief Operating Officer surely 
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Right, I've cracked it how about...

DOF - Curbs
    Manager - Powell
    Assistant - Bowyer
    Defence coach - Brownie
    Attacking coach - Euell

Come on Chaz get it done
    Bowyer as Chief Operating Officer surely 

Parker as contract negotiator? 
  • Gribbo said:
    @Leuth as Official Club Comedian
    Depending on which fanzines you read... 
  • Right, I've cracked it how about...

DOF - Curbs
    Manager - Powell
    Assistant - Bowyer
    Defence coach - Brownie
    Attacking coach - Euell

Come on Chaz get it done
    Love it.
    It will however take me a bit of time to see Bowyer as the friendly coach putting an arm around a player to console him after the manager has just chewed him out for not tracking his player back.
  • I believe Scott has got a very high opinion of himself
    get rid bring back curbs 
  • edited August 2023
    It seems clear we are not a project backed by people prepared to throw money at it because managers like Warburton etc are seemingly not applying. 
  • edited August 2023
    It seems clear we are not a project backed by people prepared to throw money at it because managers like Warburton etc are seemingly not applying. All the crap about billionaire investors was hot air. 
    No it wasn't
  • Chatting to a colleague today who is an ex professional, played in the lower leagues. He’s still around the scene and knows a few current players.

Mentioned to me today that he’d been chatting to a Charlton player (I won’t mention names), this player said he was not surprised Holden got sacked, supposedly there was no structure to the training, players got away with things and Holden really lost control, preferring to be one of the lads.

I have no reason to doubt anything my colleague told me, and it also explains why our players look spent after 70 minutes!  

Oh and he mentioned that Chuks has had another setback!! 
    I thought it weird when Assimwi liked the tweet from the club re holders departure. Why does the last bit not surprise me at all ? You couldn’t make it up mate. Still apparently Wrexham are in for him 😂 
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:
    Chatting to a colleague today who is an ex professional, played in the lower leagues. He’s still around the scene and knows a few current players.

Mentioned to me today that he’d been chatting to a Charlton player (I won’t mention names), this player said he was not surprised Holden got sacked, supposedly there was no structure to the training, players got away with things and Holden really lost control, preferring to be one of the lads.

I have no reason to doubt anything my colleague told me, and it also explains why our players look spent after 70 minutes!  

Oh and he mentioned that Chuks has had another setback!! 
    Pulled a muscle logging into his banking app on pay day.
    Sadly, but without doubt IMO, Chuks is a millstone around our club's neck now. 
  • It seems clear we are not a project backed by people prepared to throw money at it because managers like Warburton etc are seemingly not applying. All the crap about billionaire investors was hot air. 
    No it wasn't

My mistake have edited my post. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Manager will be appointed/announced early next week. 
    For who?
  • supaclive said:
    ButtleJR said:
    No.  Let's get it right so you're not open to ridicule...

"You've heard that the Manager will be appointed/announced early next week"

Good reminder. Basic use of the English language.
  • supaclive said:
    ButtleJR said:
    No.  Let's get it right so you're not open to ridicule...

"You've heard that the Manager will be appointed/announced early next week"

Better?
  • ButtleJR said:
    Was this said to you like they have made a decision / a manager is close to joining

or they ideally would like one in place by then whoever it may be ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!