Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• I think Andy Scott is the problem.

Why?
  • fenaddick said:
    Wigan game rearranged which gives Scott plenty of time to get a manager in before Stevenage
    Also more time for Leaburn to get fit. No need to rush him back. Don't even put him on the bench on Sat. 

Considering he has only just joined in with 1st team training he must still be a few weeks away.
  • edited August 2023
    I think Andy Scott is the problem.

Why?
    Could be the new Ged Roddy

• I personally thought it might suit Chris to be the shoulder to lean on and go left field with Ryan Mason.
    That would be a good shout but Mason is needed by Spurs as caretaker boss when they sack Pogachoochoo in a few months time. 
    I think Spurs are looking pretty good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Been offline for the day, come back and found 320 posts added, noticed Appleton's ugly boat being touted as a possible by Rich and gave up....🤷‍♂️🙄
  • I’ve just seen Keith Peacock walking his dog near his house with his mobile to his ear (legit)
    it’s a sign a tell ya. 
  • I believe Scott has got a very high opinion of himself
  • I’ve seen it mentioned a few times that this is a 3 window project. I’m not sure if that has been said by one of the management team, but if it has, as a manager I’d want a guarantee I’m here at the end of those windows. The only break I’d give them was if the team gets relegated. Then you have the stability and the time to put this together. Anything less than that is just wishful thinking. 
  • DA9 said:
    I’ve just seen Keith Peacock walking his dog near his house with his mobile to his ear (legit)
    it’s a sign a tell ya. 
    It might have been Wayne Rooney’s phone.
  • BetVictor odds about to move as I'm lumping on Chris Powell
  • edited August 2023
    Some people on here have said that Bowyer should not be manager because apparently he upset some of our players last time with harsh words. That would never do. I surely couldn't imagine the likes of Alex Ferguson or Brian Clough doing anything so dastardly!
    It's laughable isn't it.
    Plenty of our fans would have no doubt called for their sacking. 
    NB It was said Holden was throwing things round the dressing room at Oxford (don't know if true).
    Tactics board got the treatment IIRC. Here you go mate as reported in the Times but it’s behind a paywall;

7 Apr 2023 — When Charlton Athletic were losing at half-time against Oxford United in Dean ... “The tactics board got snapped in half,” Holden recalls.

• Sponsored links:

• edited August 2023
    RedChaser said:
    Some people on here have said that Bowyer should not be manager because apparently he upset some of our players last time with harsh words. That would never do. I surely couldn't imagine the likes of Alex Ferguson or Brian Clough doing anything so dastardly!
    It's laughable isn't it.
    Plenty of our fans would have no doubt called for their sacking. 
    NB It was said Holden was throwing things round the dressing room at Oxford (don't know if true).
    Tactics board got the treatment IIRC.
    Holden said it himself in the post-match interview that he put his foot through the tactics board. He also said that you can't go mental more than twice a season or you lose the player's respect, which may have been where LB went wrong. 

Still, the allegations of LB bullying were, and still are, total speculation. 
  • DA9 said:
    I’ve just seen Keith Peacock walking his dog near his house with his mobile to his ear (legit)
    it’s a sign a tell ya. 
    Curbs asking if he wants to get the band back together!
  • Gribbo said:
    Leuth said:
    At this point, why would anyone be against Powell? It isn't even about his tactics any more. He's a totem, a giant, a man who commands the instant respect of everyone connected with our club, and he left us with his honour intact. Sure we'd probably play some sort of dour safety-first style away from home and put an emphasis on being hard to beat, and sure he'd be outmanouevred by younger coaches now and again, but he's Chris Powell ffs. We need something to lift us. 
    I'd be okay with Powell, but the idea don't get me as excited as some to be totally honest.
    Blimey, I can't get 'excited' about any of the supposed candidates! Just about raising the will power to go on Saturday.
  • https://www.charltonafc.com/news/pearce-i-want-do-best-i-can-club

Interviews today and tomorrow with in and out of work candidates 
  • End of the day if we’re working with shirt buttons how much does it really matter who we get in next.  Everyone of them Adkins, Garner, Holden we ripped to shreds in here and some of it warranted, but they all had insufficient resources to mount a real promotion push.  

You’ve gotta get the loans right, bowyer did that better than the rest.  Hence why I was a tad excited this time yesterday.  One thing we can all agree on, it’s a shit time to support us.  
  • edited August 2023
    The in work bit is what surprises me , I'm wondering if there's maybe some PL2/academy type managers in that group. Because beyond Mark Bonner I'm struggling with names of in work managers that would be of interest. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league-2/trainervergleich/wettbewerb/GB21
  • MarcusH26 said:
    The in work bit is what surprises me , I'm wondering if there's maybe some PL2/academy type managers in that group. Because beyond Mark Bonner I'm struggling with names of in work managers that would be of interest. 
    Wild of Barrow has been mentioned in a couple of articles
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!