Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Options
    a different name

Mark Bowen ex 1998 now behind a desk at Reading
  • Options
    The thing to remember about Powell is a high % of the players we signed that summer had played with, or against, Powell very recently and had basically spent half a season watching the rest play against us.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    PWADDICK said:
    I love Powelly as much as the next person, but we need someone who is ‘current’ and knows the modern game, he hasn’t managed since 2019, wrong choice in my opinion
    He’s been involved in the England set up and at Spurs for a while, not some pundit on Talksport who hasn’t taken a session in their lives 

You could argue that he has the best CV of late than others mentioned. International and around a premier league club.

It seems the new lot are looking to blood in youngsters so with Powells recent experience in youth football could make him an attractive option along with his popularity among fans. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The thing to remember about Powell is a high % of the players we signed that summer had played with, or against, Powell very recently and had basically spent half a season watching the rest play against us.
    There’s nothing to say Neil Redfearn can’t come in alongside Dobson and be that late runner into the box and goalscoring midfielder we so desperately crave 
  • Options
    a different name

Mark Bowen ex 1998 now behind a desk at Reading
    He'll have to become our technical director first, so that he can then appoint himself as manager.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Is there any truth in the rumour that Holden was paid £500k to go?

If it is true, it makes no sense for them to now employ someone with no pedigree and on peanuts.

Or is £500k no a lot of money in League 1 manager's compo terms, these days?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    reamsofverse Avatar
    reamsofverse
    Season Ticket Holder

likePost Options                     Options                          
    Chris Powell looking a cert if he wants it. All depends on how much, initially only being offered it on an interim basis has put him off.

👀👀
    This makes no sense. Can't call it a cert when there's all those variables that haven't been sorted 
    Why are you posting this on this site?
    If you want to slag the bloke off at least be brave enough to do it directly to him, after all, you are obviously on that site.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Croydon said:
    reamsofverse Avatar
    reamsofverse
    Season Ticket Holder

Chris Powell looking a cert if he wants it. All depends on how much, initially only being offered it on an interim basis has put him off.

👀👀
    This makes no sense. Can't call it a cert when there's all those variables that haven't been sorted 
    If you want to slag the bloke off at least be brave enough to do it directly to him, after all, you are obviously on that site.
    He just quoted it mate, it was posted by someone else
  • Options
    edited August 2023
  • Options
    If you only appoint a comedian as CAFC manager who would you choose?

Sean Lock (RIP)was a great fav of mine might get some surreal formations, of the rest I think Henning Wehn would be tops as we all know Germans know how to play football.

Micky Flanagan for the authentic cockney? 

Dara  O' Briain..super intelligent

Simon Evans- should be able to sort out the right wing

Stephen K Amos- good for HT talks at high volume

Ken Dodd(RIP)- plenty of money in the attic

Lee Nelson- knows about football finance and has already appeared in a European competition line up

or David Brent.....

Sorry just got bored with same old names for manager

Micky Flanagan obviously. Proper Charlton 
    Haven't we had Brent already? He of Addicks to Victory fame!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Croydon said:
    reamsofverse Avatar
    reamsofverse
    Season Ticket Holder

👀👀
    You want to look again? I've replied to a post someone has shared on here.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

If it is true, it makes no sense for them to now employ someone with no pedigree and on peanuts.

Apparently closer to £150k combined for Holden, GK coach and Senda compensation 
  • Options
    tom_k said:
    Imagine a Powell and Curbs double act doing the tunnel jump this Saturday!
    How about a Powell, Curbs and Jacko triple tunnel jump on Saturday. Oh no, I forgot, JJ's legs have gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m confident that it’s not true at this point that the club have gone back to Chris Powell. If people are being briefed otherwise then they should doubt the integrity of their sources.
    So your source is right everyone else's source is wrong?

I do not believe that powell is in the running, or bowyer. We will end up with Appleton or Johnson in my opinion but you do come across as very rude and abrupt sometimes
    Not if his source is Chris Powell
    but if it isn't, you agree that he comes across as very rude and abrupt sometimes?
  • Options
    Moore not incoming. 
    Looks like Pearce to me. 
  • Options
    Powell would genuinely leave me conflicted. That 11/12 side was very very very special and his contacts in the game would be a huge asset , but I don't know if I want him to come back and if things went very badly I don't know how I'd feel about it happening to an utter club legend. 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Gribbo said:

Apparently closer to £150k combined for Holden, GK coach and Senda compensation 
    Oh, looks like Appleton or Cowley after all then..... bugger
  • Options
    I’m confident that it’s not true at this point that the club have gone back to Chris Powell. If people are being briefed otherwise then they should doubt the integrity of their sources.
    That’s interesting Airman, so who is putting out this false information?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Leuth said:
    At this point, why would anyone be against Powell? It isn't even about his tactics any more. He's a totem, a giant, a man who commands the instant respect of everyone connected with our club, and he left us with his honour intact. Sure we'd probably play some sort of dour safety-first style away from home and put an emphasis on being hard to beat, and sure he'd be outmanouevred by younger coaches now and again, but he's Chris Powell ffs. We need something to lift us. 
    Which is exactly why they (Gang of 4) have put the name out there. I remain deeply sceptical that he's a realistic candidate or been made a serious offer but they know their audience.
  • Options
    I get why CP wouldn’t want it, and on balance I don’t think he’ll come, but I can also see him being very tempted to apply the knowledge he has picked up over these years at a place where he’d be worshipped all over again. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!