Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Options
    Appleton photo makes the Trump mug shot look wussy.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Wouldn't write off Powell just yet!
    And why not? he appears to have written himself off fairly clearly.
    No. He wrote himself off to be a caretaker. Big difference. No idea if he is interested, but it doesn't mean he is writing himself out of the job on a full term basis.
  • Options
    So for those of you balking at the list of realistic names. Who would you add to it without of course ridiculous expectation ? Who ?
    No idea that’s for sure.

But pound to a penny it will be someone out of work that is for sure. Need to get coaching staff in aswell.

Not a lot of time to reorganize things either.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    And why not? he appears to have written himself off fairly clearly.

Interim he might have done but full time could be very different. 
  • Options
    Grief!  So not only have we got to be underwhelmed by results, transfer activity, chip portions and pot holes... We now have to be underwhelmed by the next chump through the door waiting for his inevitable pay off?

Underwhelmed.
  • Options
    By the way Mark Kinsella.  He's a Charlton hero (of mine) and he could teach them how to tackle like the opposition hit a brick wall..And pass(accurately). And shoot( accurately). And he would get 100% out of all of them.
    Where the hell is he/ still at Walsall?
  • Options
    By the way Mark Kinsella.  He's a Charlton hero (of mine) and he could teach them how to tackle like the opposition hit a brick wall..And pass(accurately). And shoot( accurately). And he would get 100% out of all of them.
    Where the hell is he/ still at Walsall?
    i thought he was working as a coach at some level for ROI (but, i also thought powell was still working with england...)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    If it is partly about uniting the fanbase and getting the club moving forward as one, I know the ownership are well aware Chris Powell being announced and coming out the tunnel, would supply that more than any other appointment. By a stretch.

More than Curbs? I think quite a few people remember the football under Powell towards the end, it was crap (I don't want either tbh, but would bck them)
  • Options
    If it is partly about uniting the fanbase and getting the club moving forward as one, I know the ownership are well aware Chris Powell being announced and coming out the tunnel, would supply that more than any other appointment. By a stretch.

True but if things don’t go well, they won’t have the protection from a fall guy.

Can imagine that’s what they are balancing.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Those attending an interview, will they get their travel expenses paid, some hospitality, and overnight accommodation if necessary?
    Maybe all the interviews happen on a zoom meeting, but that would get in the way of funny handshakes. Maybe there is a secret online version of the funny handshake.
    I know you mean well and you make me laugh, but you post weird comments sometimes 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Those attending an interview, will they get their travel expenses paid, some hospitality, and overnight accommodation if necessary?
    Maybe all the interviews happen on a zoom meeting, but that would get in the way of funny handshakes. Maybe there is a secret online version of the funny handshake.
    I know you mean well and you make me laugh, but you post weird comments sometimes 
    There is defo online version of a funny handshake Seth but you normally have to put your card details in and pay by the minute
  • Options
    One of Bowyer, Powell, Moore, Jones would be the ideal choice for me.

Of the realistic options I'd go for Richardson, even though I like the Cowleys more than the rest of our fanbase seems to
  • Options
    Surprised people are banging the drum for someone like Bonner?

Bit of a one club wonder isn't he?
     This job is HUGE and going to come with some real bad waves of negativity and it's going to take someone with real nerve and minerals to navigate a way through it.
    Look what we did to Garner! It was too big for him. The expectation was too high...

No. This is going to take someone with a track record of successfully wading through shit day after day.
    For me, I'd say Wilder. But also wouldn't mind seeing Bows back because he's had his share of dealing with shit owners and had decent success in the past.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I remember the good old days under Ms Nightmeire, when I had heard of some of the names she was interviewing for the role of manager/head coach. 

Now the only familiar names are previous failures. Gobby Robinson was pretty useless the first time around for God's sake. It's complete chaos and this new ownership (whoever and wherever they might be) needs to question the individuals they have entrusted with their investment (whatever that was).

Can this get any more depressing?

Bowyer did inherit a lot of his players
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Mark Bonner is surely doable and his teams have always impressed - he manages to do a lot with very little. A young and up-and-coming manager like Mark has to be a better bet than two journeymen. 
    Said this before Holden got chopped
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Isn't variety supposed to be the spice of life?
    I have been fixated on Richard Cawley using the word 'interview' and let my imagination run free, coupled with whatever experience I have had.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Sounds like a Charlie appointment (PR to appease fans) rather than an Andy Scott hire. Has Scott lost the trust after Holden didn’t work out?
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

More than Curbs? I think quite a few people remember the football under Powell towards the end, it was crap (I don't want either tbh, but would bck them)
    But to provide some context, the spivs had pulled the plug financially and we had a very poor squad that season and Duchatelet comes in sells Kermorgant, Stephens and Alnwick replaces them with a load of network rubbish and puts pressure on the manager to pick the new players including the worst excuse for a goalie I have seen in over 50 years of supporting us. The football may have been crap at times but is wasn't all Powell's fault.
    Kermongant refused to play and Stephens was allowed to go because he desperately wanted to move back up north (to Brighton)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!