Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Options
    siblers said:
    Emma Hayes anyone? 
    The dream team

Emma Hayes, Anthony Hayes and Ben Hayes
    Why are people LOLing this?
    The thought of two of the management team wearing cardigans?
  • Options
    cafckev said:
    After all these years of laughing and joking about how it could be Appleton, we’ve fallen so far that it actually could be him because he is due to have an interview! 
    At Charlton, it truly is, just bide your time because everyone gets their 15 minutes of fame or management at the Valley
    Was only a matter of time.
  • Options
    Thought Mark Bonnar was very good as a conflicted character in Guilt. Must give him a chance, I'd have thought? Not sure about his football credentials though.

Mark Bonnar
  • Options
    As a Salford-born Manchester United fan, Appleton is the continuity candidate.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    So do all the interviews take place on the same day in the same place?
    You have the candidates all sitting round together in a back room making awkward small talk, and occasionally having a bit of the cold coffee set out with UHT milk and some custard creams.
    Then someone comes in and says to one of the candidates “Would you like to come through?”. 
    The candidate then follows the person nervously to the interview room and is invited to sit on a lone chair facing a long table behind which sits….well who exactly?
    After each interview, ‘Apprentice’ style they return to the other candidates in the waiting area letting out a deep breath. The next one is called in.
    After the last one they wait for some time until the person returns and asks one of the candidates to follow them back to the interview room. At that moment the others realise they probably won’t be getting the job, but hang around out of politeness waiting to be told, maybe hoping that the individual selected surprisingly turns the job down having experienced the interview. Not knowing if maybe the job will be re-advertised, and if really unsuccessful hoping for a bit of feedback as to how they did.
    It will be a longer than usual experience if Karl Robinson is invited to answer questions in the interview.
    Perhaps the interviews will also have some trial 20 minute coaching sessions that are observed by the panel.
    'All' the interviews is probably 4-5 max. 

There aren't that many candidates that a) will want to come here and b) Scott will be interested in. 
  • Options
    Even though I was not his biggest fan by the end of his previous tenure if those are the only serious candidates then Bowyer returning would be my first choice. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    Admittedly I'm not confident in our recruitment over the next couple of days, but let's wait and see who we appoint before slamming the owners. The writing was slightly on the wall for Holden, who appeared to be losing the plot slightly - was anyone really confident he would turn it round post Saturday? There's still 41 games to play and getting someone in like Richardson could turn our season around while they're are lots of points to play for. 
    The bigger worry is we're only going to sign two more players which is unlikely to be enough to sustain a top 6 challenge, it doesn't matter whose manager then!
  • Options
    When was the last time anyone fav according to the bookmakers got the job and I am talking across the board ….
    Holden was favourite in the betting before he got the job with us, I posted as much because I thought it was bizarre. 
  • Options
    I trust George Elek with his opinion there and wouldn't be as anti Appleton as others. Still think it's pretty uninspiring. Of the names mentioned I think I'd go with Richardson
  • Options
    So we’re looking at all the freebies on the open market to avoid paying compensation then. They knew they’d never get Ferguson. All PR that. 
    But we have loads of money.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Wouldn't write off Powell just yet!
    Zero chance
  • Options
    Appleton lol lol lol. Charlton dead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

Great. Except he's not going to be given a "promotion budget", he's going to get loose change plus whatever we can get from any chump dumb enough to pay for our rejects.
  • Options
    Those attending an interview, will they get their travel expenses paid, some hospitality, and overnight accommodation if necessary?
    Maybe all the interviews happen on a zoom meeting, but that would get in the way of funny handshakes. Maybe there is a secret online version of the funny handshake.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

THIS.
  • Options
    We'll be asking for Adkins to come back next. 
  • Options
    Admittedly I'm not confident in our recruitment over the next couple of days, but let's wait and see who we appoint before slamming the owners. The writing was slightly on the wall for Holden, who appeared to be losing the plot slightly - was anyone really confident he would turn it round post Saturday? There's still 41 games to play and getting someone in like Richardson could turn our season around while they're are lots of points to play for. 
    The bigger worry is we're only going to sign two more players which is unlikely to be enough to sustain a top 6 challenge, it doesn't matter whose manager then!
    Exactly my thinking- recruitment of quality players (for this level) is more important than top coach (for this level). They may all dream of being Brian Clough but I bet there's very few around.

• Options
    We'll be asking for Adkins to come back next. 
    easy tiger, lets not get carried away
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

THIS.
    This x 2 !
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!