Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    The next Manager will be a sign of things to come. A good Manager won't come if there isn't any money to work with.
    Appleton in the Cawley piece:  I don’t need big budgets.  
  • Options
    Meire would’ve interviewed about fifty by now.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    “Now then Danny(+bruv)/Michael how much will you pay us to let you manage here?”
  • Options
    I'm hearing murmurings that a certain Dave Hockaday has entered the race. Championship experience so worth a go
  • Options
    They’re gonna have to start Karl Robinson’s pre match presser now if they want him to make it to the game in time for Saturday.  
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Neither have been promoted from this level. Both failed at their most recent jobs, Appleton at Blackpool and Cowley at Pompey. Hopefully others are being interviewed as both of these scream of mid-table and sacked next September 
    Not many managers are available for doing well
  • Options
    “Now then Danny(+bruv)/Michael/Mark/Leam, is your mobile telephone set up to receive text messages?”
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    At least Mark Hudson ticks the box with links to us.

We'd stand a chance of promotion then - Seeing that 1975 (?) was the last time we won something with a Manager, with zero Charlton connections prior to taking on the role.

Bailey (ex-Player) | Lawrence (Reserve Team) | Curbs (ex-Player) | Powell (ex-Player) | Bowyer (ex-Player)

Have been the only successful Managers since.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Really hope not Appleton
    Blimey.....something we agree on.

None of the names mentioned by Cawley get me excited. All recent failures. Should be looking at someone with their stock rising, not stagnating. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Meire would’ve interviewed about fifty by now.

Not true.  Normally she would arrive at work late morning😂
  • Options
    I don’t really have an opinion on the Cowleys one way or the other but in the position the club finds itself I’m amazed that people are saying no based on style of football. There is only one priority and that’s to win promotion. Nothing else. I really don’t care how that’s achieved because if we don’t achieve that relatively soon we might not ever achieve it as the football club we know. 
    At Portsmouth Cowley finished 10th in his first season and was then sacked in January of the next season with them sitting in 12th.

They then fell to 15th before Mousinho was appointed and got them to 8th.
  • Options
    Cawley has gone public with Appleton and Cowley, but surely they will also interview Richardson if he has declared an interest.
  • Options
    Would love Bowyer back for many reasons but I think Richardson might shade it as a better appointment.
  • Options
    Has Appleton ever done anything at his clubs seems to have been everywhere. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!