Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Options
    Big couple of days for the new regime. I can’t see us having a good deadline day if we don’t have a manager appointed tomorrow at the latest 
  • Options
    I’ve been supporting us for over 40 years and the only successful managers we’ve had have been promoted internally or have connections with the club before hand not one outside manager has come in and been successful ie winning promotion. Unless I’ve forgotten. 
    Suppose we got to get lucky and get one sooner or later. 
    We definitely can’t choose Pearce. There’s no credible internal candidate this time around. 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Hopefully a Katrien Miere day of interviews today 
    Is this a new Bank Holiday?
  • Options
    I’ve been supporting us for over 40 years and the only successful managers we’ve had have been promoted internally or have connections with the club before hand not one outside manager has come in and been successful ie winning promotion. Unless I’ve forgotten. 
    It is interesting isn’t it. Four promotions in my lifetime. For all of them we had a manager who was a former player in their first job in management. I know correlation doesn’t equal causation but I wonder if it’s more than coincidence. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    It is interesting isn’t it. Four promotions in my lifetime. For all of them we had a manager who was a former player in their first job in management. I know correlation doesn’t equal causation but I wonder if it’s more than coincidence. 
    Can only compare if it was exactly the same set of players in exactly the same league, with exactly the same opposition. Reckon this is definitely just coincidence more than anything else.

• Options
    edited August 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On reflection I’m ready for the worst choice possible.  

It’s the hope that kills us, if I know we’re going to have a dogs dinner of a season it prepares me for it.  What pisses me off is when everything seems to be back on track but it turns out it’s the total opposite, bring on Lee Johnson or Neil Lennon.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    If JP has a spell like Jackson did at the start, who knows, but last time I saw him on Charlton TV, I got the impression he felt he was in no way ready to be anywhere near the hot seat, so he must have moved rapidly up the coaching learning curve in the meantime to have agreed to stand in. I only hope he has some assurances about reverting to his previous role if it doesn't work out.
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:
    Actually wouldn’t mind the Cowley brothers, they were my first choice going way back to when Bowyer left
    Same.

Bowyer, Moore, Jones, Richardson or Cowleys and I'd be happy.
  • Options
    I don’t really have an opinion on the Cowleys one way or the other but in the position the club finds itself I’m amazed that people are saying no based on style of football. There is only one priority and that’s to win promotion. Nothing else. I really don’t care how that’s achieved because if we don’t achieve that relatively soon we might not ever achieve it as the football club we know. 
    My Pompey mates loved him at first but says their football style was so negative., and eventually wore off. But i thought they were doing a decent job. They got players to play to their total ability.
  • Options
    Gillis said:
    He was on Sky last night as a presenter and was asked about the job and he was bigging the football club up. Said he would be interested.
  • Options
    Wonder if Warburton fancies a slice of the action 
  • Options
    Mixed feelings if it is the Cowley's, I like a pragmatic manager but they did just recently fail at a similar sized club with the same aspirations as us. 

Any manager who sorts out our defence will get my support as I just hate how soft we have been in recent seasons. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Whoever the manager is he will be without Payne apparently gone on loan to MKD.
  • Options
    Dont know why but I get vibes of Adkins with Warburton. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who was the Chelsea youth manager who was mentioned around the time of Beale?  
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Bowyer wouldn’t be my first choice but the first few months of that championship season he had us playing some beautiful football. I’ll never forget when we played Forest at home and we tore them a new one in the first half . 
    Beggers can’t be choosers and he’s probably the best fit for our situation now . 
    Yes I still remember that first half. And won’t forget the Sarr equaliser at Loftus Rd in a hurry. Play-off final too prior to that of course, obvs. 
    I’d be a bit nervous about him getting the job again, but there are definitely far worse options. 
    Edit: just saw Cowley’s tweet. Probably not Bowyer then. 
  • Options
    The next Manager will be a sign of things to come. A good Manager won't come if there isn't any money to work with.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Anthony Barry maybe? He's currently Bayern Munich and Portugal's Assistant Manager. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Lennie Lawrence 
    He was the reserve team Manager before getting the 1st team
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Anthony Barry maybe? He's currently Bayern Munich and Portugal's Assistant Manager. 

Just browsed the Garner thread. Jody Morris was the chelsea youth coach who got a mention.

Cheers.
  • Options
    Appleton and Cowley to be interviewed this week. I assume there will be others too.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-search-process-michael-appleton-and-danny-cowley-set-to-be-interviewed/
  • Options

Leam Richardson seems to be the only option where i haven't seen someone say they wouldn't want him.
    Can honestly say until this thread I’ve never heard of him!
    Me neither.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!