Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• RedChaser said:
    shirty5 said:
    Now Cawley has poured cold water on Bowyer, here’s another name to throw in the hat.

ITTV saying Neil Lennon is in talks for the role this eve.
    Imagine 
    Help!
    Starting over.
    You haven’t set off for the airport yet have you…….Get Back 😉
  • RedChaser said:
    https://youtu.be/vqMXnfjTHsQ?feature=shared 
    I remember this well. Do you think if bow is coming back we'll see this again? 
    This has got me homesick  :'(
    Have a beer and cheer yourself up quick, you don’t wanna come back here 🙏 the weather’s really crap 

It is here, 25 degrees today.
  • edited August 2023
    And we go again 

• why would it take 48 hours?
  • edited August 2023
    And we go again 

Lee, Lee, Lee Bowyer, we’re gonna be bowncin again 😉
  • Who next…Lyle Taylor as well!
  • why would it take 48 hours?
    Just finishing off his 24 hour fishing marathon in France, then will pop back over to sing da ting
  • And we go again 

This account chats a load of bollocks so I wouldn’t read much into that 
  • Sponsored links:

• agim said:
    Maybe the pressure got to him or something but Nathan Jones at Southampton seemed to have a fucking screw loose? 
    And at Stoke as well.
  • NabySarr said:
    And we go again 

This account chats a load of bollocks so I wouldn’t read much into that 
    Not just ITTV then.
  • redbuttle said:
    Don't think it was ever going to happen, unfortunately. 

Jason Pearce will win a couple of games and will be appointed as manager. You just know it will happen.
    Best we get thumped on Saturday to put this idea to sleep.
    We need experience to get us out of this mess.
    I want us to win. Always have done. Always will.
  • BigDiddy said:
    I think the SMT will opt for a quieter manager, who will work with no budget and will be a yes man.

Appleton is probably that man 

• I hate the idea of bringing back any of our old managers but I honestly can't imagine having to put up with Karl Robinson again. I just cannot. I know a fair few on here liked him and rated him but I just couldn't stand all the chat that covered for a lack of enjoyable football. We had two fairly bleak seasons with him as manager, one where we finished 13th which is a joint lowest finish and one where we'd gone off the rails and Bowyer managed to get the same squad into the play-offs somehow. At Oxford despite some decent backing he only finished in the play-off spots twice and both times he lost. He hasn't been promoted out of L1 since 2014/15 despite operating almost exclusively in that league over that period. He had Roland to contend with but the transfer business doesn't look too different to back then so I don't see much changing. I at least understand the logic of bringing back managers who previously succeeded, but ones who just failed? No thanks.
    Plus he inexplicably told the opposition his starting line up earlier than necessary. Ridiculous.
  • And we go again 

On the one hand we've got "no contact" according to actually journalist Rich Cawley, a man in contact with both the club and (at least formerly) Bowyer himself.

On the other some twitter rando reckons it's 48 hours away.

Hmm.
  • The irony of @IAgree loling my positive posts about Bowyer because he disagrees.
    I don’t think it’s ironic and really does it matter? People lol ed my posts expressing the opposite view (which judging by many posts is also widely held). 
  • Sponsored links:

• Brothers! Brothers! We should be struggling together!
  • RedChaser said:
    BigDiddy said:
    I think the SMT will opt for a quieter manager, who will work with no budget and will be a yes man.

Appleton is probably that man 

If it is him, I'll support him.

Will need a better squad though 
  • I hate the idea of bringing back any of our old managers but I honestly can't imagine having to put up with Karl Robinson again. I just cannot. I know a fair few on here liked him and rated him but I just couldn't stand all the chat that covered for a lack of enjoyable football. We had two fairly bleak seasons with him as manager, one where we finished 13th which is a joint lowest finish and one where we'd gone off the rails and Bowyer managed to get the same squad into the play-offs somehow. At Oxford despite some decent backing he only finished in the play-off spots twice and both times he lost. He hasn't been promoted out of L1 since 2014/15 despite operating almost exclusively in that league over that period. He had Roland to contend with but the transfer business doesn't look too different to back then so I don't see much changing. I at least understand the logic of bringing back managers who previously succeeded, but ones who just failed? No thanks.
    Plus he inexplicably told the opposition his starting line up earlier than necessary. Ridiculous.
    I have kept going through all of this but if that useless big mouthed arrogant scouse c**t comes back that’ll be me done 
  • Belv said:
    Now Cawley has poured cold water on Bowyer, here’s another name to throw in the hat.

ITTV saying Neil Lennon is in talks for the role this eve.
    He’s in the sky sports studio currently.
    Yeah, I just saw him messaging Scott.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I'm torn. 

I was vocal about how much I disliked the way he treated some of our players. 

This current crop of cunts though. I think they need a rocket up em. 

Tough love some of you will call it. If it works I'm beyond caring.  IF IT WORKS.
    You could apply that line to the new owners and SMT!
    I have kept going through all of this but if that useless big mouthed arrogant scouse c**t comes back that’ll be me done 
    You are more messed up than me...
  • Wow! Having not been on here all day I’ve come on and I see it’s all gone a bit hysterical.

There is a shortlist, those that are on the shortlist have been approached to see if they want to be considered, those that don’t want to be considered have said no, those that do..have said yes.

Rather than being insulting, an ex England and Premier League academy coach wouldn’t necessarily want a full time League One position, would think about an Interim basis given his links and after considering, decide against. That can easily look worse than it is!

Those that say yes, we’ll know nothing about until the last yes remains standing. 
    Those that say no and we find out about, if held in a high regard, says a fair bit about what we’re actually trying to do!
  • RedChaser said:
    I hate the idea of bringing back any of our old managers but I honestly can't imagine having to put up with Karl Robinson again. I just cannot. I know a fair few on here liked him and rated him but I just couldn't stand all the chat that covered for a lack of enjoyable football. We had two fairly bleak seasons with him as manager, one where we finished 13th which is a joint lowest finish and one where we'd gone off the rails and Bowyer managed to get the same squad into the play-offs somehow. At Oxford despite some decent backing he only finished in the play-off spots twice and both times he lost. He hasn't been promoted out of L1 since 2014/15 despite operating almost exclusively in that league over that period. He had Roland to contend with but the transfer business doesn't look too different to back then so I don't see much changing. I at least understand the logic of bringing back managers who previously succeeded, but ones who just failed? No thanks.
    Not keen on him then mate 😉
    Still got your marbles mate, you beat me to it.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!