Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Options
    jams said:
    Cawley did tweet that he didn't think Bowyer would be interested. That tweet is now deleted.

It's literally not 
    Literally didn't see this. Sorry Jams won't happen again.
    Sorry mate didn't mean to be snappy 
  • Options
    Who put up the message on here to say ‘they had a text’ and caused this kerfuffle? 
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    When Bowyer resigned on March 15th 2021, we were 8th in League One, two points outside the top six. 

He had just guided us to four games unbeaten following a tough Xmas spell that saw us drop from 6th to 12th.
    The XI that played in Bowyer’s last game in charge:

Amos, Gunter, Famewo, Pearce, Maatsen, Morgan, Pratley, Watson, Millar, Washington, Stockley
    Jesus wept, I can say with 100% confidence we have a better starting XI now. Only Amos and the two centre halves work their way into our side now imo
    Erm... Maatsen is on the bench in the Premier League

Liam Millar was @ the World Cup, and is in the Swiss Top Flight.
    Maatsen is 3 times the player now that he was then. It was his first loan. He had promise but has 4 seasons of championship football since then.

Millar was also an enigma. Very similar player to CBT to be fair. I did like him though. 
    Yeah I know Chelsea are a bit of a shitshow themselves at the moment, with players etc. but it feels like he's come out of nowhere since his Burnley loan.

(Only two years on loan in the Championship though, which is a surprise as does feel longer since he was here)
  • Options
    Someone has just text me and said Bowyer has got the job...
    Valley11 said:
    Who put up the message on here to say ‘they had a text’ and caused this kerfuffle? 

• Options
    We are in such a shit state maybe the explosion that is LB is exactly what’s needed. Not much to lose really as I doubt there are many willing to come. Atleast the post match interviews will be funny if the players don’t have a complete change of mindset. Can you imagine the fallout from LB if he was on the sidelines when Hector let that ball bounce over his shoulder 😂 😂 😂 
    I personally don’t think LB would come here with the current set up but that’s the problem isn’t it who will ???
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    When Bowyer resigned on March 15th 2021, we were 8th in League One, two points outside the top six. 

He had just guided us to four games unbeaten following a tough Xmas spell that saw us drop from 6th to 12th.

Amos, Gunter, Famewo, Pearce, Maatsen, Morgan, Pratley, Watson, Millar, Washington, Stockley
    Jesus wept, I can say with 100% confidence we have a better starting XI now. Only Amos and the two centre halves work their way into our side now imo

Maatsen is 3 times the player now that he was then. It was his first loan. He had promise but has 4 seasons of championship football since then.

Millar was also an enigma. Very similar player to CBT to be fair. I did like him though. 
    Yeah I know Chelsea are a bit of a shitshow themselves at the moment, with players etc. but it feels like he's come out of nowhere since his Burnley loan.

(Only two years on loan in the Championship though, which is a surprise as does feel longer since he was here)
    My bad, was thinking about Maatsen but got confused about the season he was with us 👍 
  • Options
    Sadly not happening 
  • Options
    Not interested is not the same as no approach
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Someone has just text me and said Bowyer has got the job...
    Valley11 said:

They misread the text, it said Lee but Lee Johnson not Bowyer 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Someone obviously told Andy Scott about the time Bow's played Smyth at wing back.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    @Chippycafc
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    chippycafc
  • Options
    Shit ! if Rich Crawley is right it means that Johnson is still in the running 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Not that Bows is coming on, but I wonder what his stock value is compared to other managers outside the Prem. He's clearly not going to be offered a job at a top end championship club, as he'd  already be there. I actually think he's a sentimental bloke, hence hon returning to old clubs he's played at. They say better the devil you know. Wonder what he'd demand in salary? Sadly our SMT don't know him (or do they) so who do they know?? 
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Erm... Maatsen was not the same player now he was then it's incomparable.

Liam Millar was @ the World cup yes...along with loads of other bang average players. The Swiss top flight is probably on par with Scottish top flight, I'd say maybe worse. 

If you think that line up is strong you're having a laugh

The sass right back at ya  ;)
  • Options
    Lennon seamed keen on Hibs. earlier.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Now Cawley has poured cold water on Bowyer, here’s another name to throw in the hat.

ITTV saying Neil Lennon is in talks for the role this eve.
    Imagine 
    Help!
  • Options
    Belv said:
    Now Cawley has poured cold water on Bowyer, here’s another name to throw in the hat.

ITTV saying Neil Lennon is in talks for the role this eve.
    He’s in the sky sports studio currently.
    Has he got a pile of chocolate, cans of drinks and a super duper phone beside him in the studio 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!