Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Options
    Chunes said:
    IAgree said:
    Chunes said:
    Has Bowyer Lost It? - Thread

A reminder of how things were seen when he left. 
    Quite a bit of amnesia & gaslighting going on re his last tenure tonight………
    I'm quite taken aback tbh. I think I was pro-Bowyer at the time (can't quite remember) but I do remember just how negative and bitter people were against him during that period. Couldn't argue that LB had totally lost his composure either. 
    Didn’t mean you gaslighting-I just think people have forgotten how it ended
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Chunes said:

Jeez just reading the first few pages reminded me how bad things got and you got people on twitter acting like he is some messiah because he got us promoted with Cullen, Bielik, Aribo and Taylor
    He knows how to get promotion out of this league. What’s not to like? 
    I mean those players don't compare to what we have now.

We dont have a Bielik, Aribo or Taylor, Phillips was twice the keeper that AMB or Isted are the only one that compares in Dobbo to Cullen
  • Options
    LB would clash too much with Scott, he will go for a yes man.
  • Options
    How does one even know if its the managers or players that bring success/failure? Thats the biggest mystery about football
  • Options
    Really not sure what to think about Bowyer coming back
    I kinda love the idea and he will bring some passion back but he completely lost it by the end last time and would hate for it to possibly go sour again/get sacked again and ruin what he has done before.

It also looks like its the ownership just trying to please fans and keep us quiet not actually have a full search and go for the best man🤦🏻‍♂️🤔
  • Options
    Not opposed to Bowyer, would've liked a fresh start but I'll take it. It started so well under him but once we were plagued with injuries, covid and then Sandgaard signing a pile of shite it was awful. The digging out of Albie/Williams seemed harsh at the time but think that's what some of this lot need right now
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Chunes said:

Jeez just reading the first few pages reminded me how bad things got and you got people on twitter acting like he is some messiah because he got us promoted with Cullen, Bielik, Aribo and Taylor
    I mean those players don't compare to what we have now.

We dont have a Bielik, Aribo or Taylor, Phillips was twice the keeper that AMB or Isted are the only one that compares in Dobbo to Cullen
    We are all more than aware of that Paul. This will take time to get this squad together to gain promotion so no harm in getting someone like Bowyer if he wants the job 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The irony of @IAgree loling my positive posts about Bowyer because he disagrees.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Chunes said:

How to get promotion?  Play with four of the best in the division.

How’s that going to work this time?
  • Options
    Bowler's hunting for a Leeds/Wet Sham gig. I reckon he feels he has been and done Charlton.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Chunes said:

Didn’t you know managers control the team with an xbox controller?
  • Options
    When Bowyer resigned on March 15th 2021, we were 8th in League One, two points outside the top six. 

He had just guided us to four games unbeaten following a tough Xmas spell that saw us drop from 6th to 12th.
    The XI that played in Bowyer’s last game in charge:

Amos, Gunter, Famewo, Pearce, Maatsen, Morgan, Pratley, Watson, Millar, Washington, Stockley
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Chunes said:

See my earlier comment to Paul
  • Options
    Bowyer was VERY good at the beginning, and VERY bad by the end. Who knows if the decline was of his own making, or whether the massive injury crisis in 19/20 tipped him over the edge?

If we can get the same bounce out of him that we did back in 2018 though, I'd welcome him. I do suspect he'd only be here for a couple of years though. Based on how things panned out for him here and at Birmingham.
    Surely that’s what happens to most managers . It’s why they leave . 
  • Options
    Let's have a look at how Bowyer did once he left us: 

"After 16 months in charge, Bowyer was sacked on 2 July 2022. During his final season in charge, Birmingham finished in 20th in the EFL Championship and won just four games in 26 after November 2021"
    Charlton’s record since he left us isn’t much better
  • Options
    If it is Bows, it will be interesting to see how he forms his back room staff. Jacko now a manager in his own right. Mark Kennedy (his Birmingham assistant) the same. Andy Marshall at Millwall. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!