Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Options
    NabySarr said:
    Someone has just text me and said Bowyer has got the job...
    Hope this is true. There are definitely bad things about Bowyer as a manager, but if anyone can unite the fanbase and get us to forget what’s going on upstairs it is him. 

Even him coming in and winning a couple of games would transform the feeling of the club and fanbase. Get him in before Saturday as Fleetwood at home is as easy a start you’ll get 

Would Bowyer unite the fan base? I don't think so, a large number wanted him out.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    The betting has been suspended!
    Are you sure?
    Only BetVictor was offering prices, it was at lunch time, it’s not anymore.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    The guy lived off a period where he was given Gallagher, Bielik, Taylor, Cullen, Grant, Aribo to work with. 

He's not doing the same with this lot. 
    So maybe bowyer is good at spotting good players then?  Surely he’s allowed some credit for that.  
    He said himself he had no idea who Gallagher was before he joined. 

Half of 'the youth he helped' came through under Robinson or out on loan but Bowyer gets the credit. 
  • Options
    The guy lived off a period where he was given Gallagher, Bielik, Taylor, Cullen, Grant, Aribo to work with. 

What about the season before where he has none of them (other than a very young Aribo)? Does he not deserve some credit for bringing those players in, getting the best out of them or developing/improving them? Other than Taylor none of those players had done well before working under Bowyer 
    Or even the covid league 1 season where it fell apart he still had us nearer the play offs than any manager we’ve had since 
  • Options
    Think it’s pretty clear Bowyer had a huge falling out with TS which affected the last few months. He was forced to play Charlie Barker and Pratley in defence too. I wouldn’t be delighted if he came back but he’s got just enough credit in the bank for me 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Bowyer - that is lazy recruitment (if true)
  • Options
    I mean I did enjoy the fish GIF announcing a player…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    NabySarr said:

What about the season before where he has none of them (other than a very young Aribo)? Does he not deserve some credit for bringing those players in, getting the best out of them or developing/improving them? Other than Taylor none of those players had done well before working under Bowyer 
    Or even the covid league 1 season where it fell apart he still had us nearer the play offs than any manager we’ve had since 
    The season where he had Amos, DaSilva, Konsa, Fosu, Grant, Mavididi and Magennis instead? 
  • Options
    edited August 2023

So maybe bowyer is good at spotting good players then?  Surely he’s allowed some credit for that.  
    He said himself he had no idea who Gallagher was before he joined. 

Half of 'the youth he helped' came through under Robinson or out on loan but Bowyer gets the credit. 
    Didn’t know that about Gallagher, fair enough.  
    What about the others like Cullen, Bielik, Taylor does he not deserve credit?
  • Options
    I’m warming to the idea.
  • Options
    Bowyer - that is lazy recruitment (if true)
    I don’t agree. He knows the club, has got us promoted out of this division. 
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    If it's Bowyer that tells me to be even more cynical about these owners tbh 
    Working their way through the wish lists put up by fans on twitter. If Bowyer turns us down they'll ask Curbs 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    May be in the minority but I'd love bowyer. He will get them trying at the very least. I'd pay to see his reaction to Kirk training. 
    am I remembering right that Bowyer really wanted Kirk? He just came a couple of windows too late right? 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Leuth said:
    If it's Bowyer that tells me to be even more cynical about these owners tbh 
    Working their way through the wish lists put up by fans on twitter. If Bowyer turns us down they'll ask Curbs 
    They must think we're fucking stupid. Maybe when it all melts down in a month or two we won't be 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Croydon said:
    What is with our inability to look further than our old playslips

Nigel Adkins, Ben Garner and Dean Holden had never been at Cafc before but Powell and Bowyer certainly have returned before 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Bowyer being appointed would show a lack of ambition.
    And the completely polarised views at the mere rumour of his return say it all about how well he would unite the club……..

If Bowyer is the limit of ambition then that’s disappointing 
  • Options
    One thing for sure is it won't be Lee Johnson, that's 99% sure as CM said this to me himself. in Order of Preference for me

Darren Moore
    Lee Bowyer
    Nathan Jones
    Mark Bonner
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!