Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Bowyer was good on a v limited budget. Seems like what he’d be on again. He admitted in the past that he’d not seen the likes of Gallagher before we’d got him in, so maybe he’d do well again in that structure (where Scott signs the players).

Bows was all about improving what he had
  • Options
    The worst thing for a manager is to leave a club, and your successor do even better, while you struggle in your new job.

Potter's reputation has slightly lessened due to De Zerbi doing even better there. Similarly Jones leaves Luton, and his replacement Rob Edwards gets them promoted.
  • Options
    Bowyer coming back is my dream. Don't think it'll happen though sadly
  • Options
    The same Bowyer that publically lashes out at youngsters, that make mistakes, in interviews, and asking him to manage a squad with a lot of youngsters in it? 

Asking for trouble. 
    Asking for trouble?  We’ve lost at home to port vale and Bristol rovers and away to a league two side and it’s not even September, how do things get anymore troublesome.  Bowyer’s reign was the best of the last 9 years.  
    He was also hand-given Premier League players in League One. Let's see how it goes. 
  • Options
    The betting has been suspended!
  • Options
    Bowyer lost the plot at the end and fell out with players….no thank you….Darren Moore for me 
  • Options
    I’m sorry but why do we think bowyer will be the savour? Are we simply going off that year which we got promoted? Seem to remember towards the end of his tenure the football was absolutely dire and toxic but guess we aren’t remembering that? 
    It was the end of the season before and the start of the season after too. Those 2 years are pretty much the only good 2 years we’ve had since about 2014 so yeah pretty much 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m sorry but why do we think bowyer will be the savour? Are we simply going off that year which we got promoted? Seem to remember towards the end of his tenure the football was absolutely dire and toxic but guess we aren’t remembering that? 
    We were utterly dreadful before he left. Bizarre team selections and constant tinkering with the lineup...
  • Options
    Do you think everyone has sussed we are a bottomless pit of unrequited hope and a pitiful example for the worst ponzi scheme in English football history?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    If it is Bowyer I don't know what to make of it, was hoping for a new look managerial team. 

I think certain players will thrive under him but I'm really not sure, whelmed if it's true 
    Underwhelmed?
    Yeah probably, think he had a really good squad as I said earlier, someone like Dobbo may improve under his guidance as we saw with Cullen and Aribo, but I don't think he's a great manager overall. 
  • Options
    Rich Cawley has a direct line into Bowyer. If anyone can confirm if this is a goer or not it’s him.
  • Options
    We were utterly dreadful before he left. Bizarre team selections and constant tinkering with the lineup...
    That team had a lot of rubbish in it in fairness, and we were still nearer the play offs with Bowyer that year than we have been since then 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Lee Bowyer said he would only go back into management on Radio 5, a few weeks ago if there was a stable management behind the scenes after his experience at Charlton and Birmingham.
    IF he came back, he might want it to be interim to see if the fans give him a good reception and can he work with Andy Scott and WTF is happening with the characters putting in the money.

If we can start winning on a regular basis the negative noise will quieten.

Red Henry ITK mate used to have a hot line to Lee Bowyer ? 
  • Options
    Think back to him initially coming in, he got the best out of a team heading for mid table and got them into the play offs with the exact same players Robinson had been using, exactly what's needed now getting the best out of our under-performing team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought Bowyer was fantastic the year he took us up but it gradually fell apart, and we played some dire football under him at the end. Plus his treatment of the young players was pretty dire. Not expecting the club to consult me, but I was hoping for a new model, not this perpetual going back to ex players.
  • Options
    TeeC said:
    Cawley suggested LB wasn’t interested yesterday 
    He then wrote in his article that Bowyer hadn’t been contacted yet, like Ferguson and Powell had. So maybe they have since contacted him and he is actually interested
  • Options
    I thought Bowyer was fantastic the year he took us up but it gradually fell apart, and we played some dire football under him at the end. Plus his treatment of the young players was pretty dire. Not expecting the club to consult me, but I was hoping for a new model, not this perpetual going back to ex players.
    Which young players did he treat badly? Other than Albie Morgan who he called out a couple of times, he brought through plenty of our young players and developed/improved them. And did very well with young players we had on loan also 
  • Options
    The betting has been suspended!
    Are you sure?
  • Options
    Don’t quite know what to think if it’s Bowyer. Such a strange character to read. Can be thoughtful and supportive one minute and snarling and brooding the next. I will say that he worked under very difficult circumstances last time and by the end of his reign when things were bleak I think he might have just had enough. I think if things go reasonably well then he might be very good but if things go badly at any point I think the darkness comes down. He’ll certainly tone up the fitness levels which as far as I can see is definitely needed, but quite what he’ll make of Chuks I can’t imagine. Fwiw I’ll be surprised if it is him. 7/10 on this one from me.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!