Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Options
    Blucher said:
    barstool said:
    The rush to sack Holden is strange, either they have someone lined up or contractually maybe an extra compensation was about to cost them more after so many games etc. 
    They needed someone to blame in a hurry, and wanted to give the impression of a decisive, strong leadership who, how does it go?  "don't do failure".  Because they are American.  Apparently that makes a difference.
    I seem to recall the great Katrien telling us that Roland “didn’t do failure” either
    One of the very few correct things she ever said. It's true that Roland doesn't 'do' failure, because he refuses to accept that he's failed and is rich enough to keep his nails dug in until he's proven right on his terms. That's why he's still got The Valley. He wants £50m because a liar told him he could pay it and now he reckons that's his price point. If he can get £50m for the assets then he offsets the money he spaffed up the wall owning us and can tell everyone it was a successful business venture. If that kills us in the meantime then oh well.
  • Options
    Someone has just text me and said Bowyer has got the job...
  • Options
    Gary, Ian or Lee
  • Options
    Betvictor have pulled down the next manager betting market
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Gary, Ian or Lee
    Some silly sausage 
  • Options
    Someone has just text me and said Bowyer has got the job.
    Just depends on who the "someone" is.

If its @RonnieMoore then its a wind up, but if its Lee himself.....
  • Options
    Leaburn and May could be the new Taylor and Grant. Just hope Bowyer doesn’t want to bring the actual Taylor back with him 
  • Options
    Did I read 'text'?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    + Lee plays 4 at the back which is a big win for me.

No more mucking about with 352.
    Wrong,  he was playing 5 at the back quite a lot  with Birmingham. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    + Lee plays 4 at the back which is a big win for me.

No more mucking about with 352.
    Bowyer played 3-5-2 loads when he managed us, including the first half of the play off final. He also used it with Birmingham.

A positive for us is he was very flexible with formations, which is good as we don’t really suit 1 formation so maybe a manager that mixes it up will work.

But he was also too flexible at times in the covid league 1 season changing to a different one every game so hopefully he can settle on just a couple. His 2017-18 run we swapped between 4-4-2 and 4-4-2 diamond, the year after in our promotion it was between 4-4-2 diamond and 3-5-2
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    JamesSeed said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    NabySarr said:
    Lean Richardson set up Wigan with a 3-4-1-2 which I think could be a good option for us 

Isted
           Jones Hector Thomas 
    CBT                                Edun
              Camara Dobson 
                      Chem 
                Leaburn May

Can we please do away with CBT as Wing Back, it really doesn't work!

Not only that, when your centre backs aren’t very good I’d rather play two of them than three. 
                        Isted
       Dabo    Jones     Hector   Edun
        Camara Chem Dobson CBT
               Leaburn   May

You could set up as 442 or tinker a bit and call it 4231 if you like, with Leaburn as the 1. 
    But it’s the same players on the pitch. 
    If they're not very good then isn't that why you play 3 CB's though? As each player in theory has less space to cover and less room to make an error. And if he does make a mistake there are 2 other CB's to cover instead of 1. Basically the most obvious way to cover up the flaws is to put another body there.

I'm sure that's the reason Southgate always went with 3 at the back for England, because aside from Stones and Maguire (don't laugh) there wasn't a top level 3rd centre back. Which meant we often had to stick Walker there.
    Agree at a higher level, but at our level three error prone CBs is an accident (or accidents) waiting to happen. And the advantage is you have square pegs in square holes, rather than plonking CBT at LWB, another accident waiting to happen? Plus I think Dabo and Edun are decent full backs. 
  • Options
    Be amazed if we’ve gone from asking Powell to be interim to appointing someone so quickly. I’d imagine someone just lumped a chunk of money and that’s why the markets been removed 
  • Options
    I wouldn’t say Bowyer is locked on to 4 at the back or 3 at the back, he’s played both many times. But he did always seem to do a lot better when he had 2 up top which is good news for May 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    NabySarr said:
    I'm gonna struggle to get behind Bowyer because of how he treated Solly 

If its Bowyer its gonna be hard to cheer him after how he treated a club legend 
    Solly wasn’t good enough for the championship anymore so Bowyer didn’t pick him? Not sure why that’s outrageous treatment? 
    More saying he refused to play with Taylor when he hadn't and made a legend an outcast
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    agim said:
    Maybe the pressure got to him or something but Nathan Jones at Southampton seemed to have a fucking screw loose? 

He did act and say some weird shit.
    Sounds ideal for Charlton Athletic and the damaged supporters that dribble from the mouth( that's me) every time we concede the last goal and lose again, plus the Jones boy was very good with the Under 21 when the wee Welsh man was here the first time around.

Stoke and the Saints he struggled but if he could replicate his Luton success he could be a fresh of fresh air in the stench of the 3rd tier drop zone. 

Nathan Jones with Michael Sheen doing the team talk.

How green is my valley.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    SDAddick said:
    NabySarr said:
    I’m usually dead against ever going back because I think it rarely works but out of the realistic names being bandied about my personal choice would be Karl Robinson. Vast experience at our level. Gets teams playing attractive football and I think we currently have the squad that would fit into his preferred style. Definitely has his limitations but would be a solid choice. I’ve ruled out Moore and Jones purely because I don’t think they’d entertain coming. Having said that I doubt Robinson would either. 
    I think Robinson would definitely come back and agree with your reasons that he’d be a good choice. My only doubt is I’m not sure he would be able to command the respect of the dressing room if what allegedly happened at Oxford is to be believed 
    What was alleged to have happened at Oxford?

Allegedly was having an affair with one of the women’s team. The players found out and left a sex doll in the changing room with a photo of the woman’s face on. The 2 players responsible were quickly loaned out and the club backed Robinson, but results didn’t improve and he was then sacked 

That kind of news probably travels quite quickly around dressing rooms. Think it will be a struggle for Robinson wherever he goes next 
    I have heard from someone who would know that he certainly had an affair with a player in the women's team and it was causing issues in the dressing room
  • Options
    If it is Bowyer I don't know what to make of it, was hoping for a new look managerial team. 

I think certain players will thrive under him but I'm really not sure, whelmed if it's true 
  • Options
    If it is Bowyer I don't know what to make of it, was hoping for a new look managerial team. 

I think certain players will thrive under him but I'm really not sure, whelmed if it's true 
    Underwhelmed?
  • Options
    Just went to check latest odds and they have gone...??
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!