Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    What is with our inability to look further than our old playslips

Nigel Adkins, Ben Garner and Dean Holden had never been at Cafc before but Powell and Bowyer certainly have.
    The only two to manage a promotion within the last 22 years.  
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Leuth said:
    If it's Bowyer that tells me to be even more cynical about these owners tbh 
    Working their way through the wish lists put up by fans on twitter. If Bowyer turns us down they'll ask Curbs 
    Does pose big questions re their credibility for sure
  • Options
    If he has just been appointed, how many people realistically would know? 5? 10, max? Yet Twitter is awash with people who “had a text”. Right. 
  • Options
    Politically for the current owners it would placate a lot of the fanbase. I have to say with some of the others mentioned I would breathe a sigh of relief, my only issue is how Bowyer would work with Andy Scott, Rodwell and C M, also how long is Bowyer's short fuse if players are not brought in now or in January. 
  • Options
    Ah well it’s out of our hands 
  • Options
    The guy lived off a period where he was given Gallagher, Bielik, Taylor, Cullen, Grant, Aribo to work with. 

He's not doing the same with this lot. 
    And I think he had a positive effect on all of them.
    I think he was lucky he was the manager during our best period of recruitment in the last decade. 
    Or maybe he was responsible for it .  
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    ButtleJR said:
    May be in the minority but I'd love bowyer. He will get them trying at the very least. I'd pay to see his reaction to Kirk training. 
    am I remembering right that Bowyer really wanted Kirk? He just came a couple of windows too late right? 
    We were heavily linked with Kirk in January 2021. Just before Bows left. 

Frasier was due to sign for us in August 2020, but the ESI mark 2, Paul Farnell and Dave Jones debacle put the stop to that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fenaddick said:
    ButtleJR said:
    May be in the minority but I'd love bowyer. He will get them trying at the very least. I'd pay to see his reaction to Kirk training. 
    am I remembering right that Bowyer really wanted Kirk? He just came a couple of windows too late right? 
    If it was Kirk and he’s staying he had better get his act together because LB won’t accept half hearted performances.
  • Options
    It's either gonna be a glorious comeback and repeat of Wembley. Or a total fucking grenade going off as we self destruct in a storm of internal arguments and relationship breakdowns.

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    The guy lived off a period where he was given Gallagher, Bielik, Taylor, Cullen, Grant, Aribo to work with. 

He's not doing the same with this lot. 
    And I think he had a positive effect on all of them.
    I think he was lucky he was the manager during our best period of recruitment in the last decade. 
    Or maybe he was responsible for it .  On the plus side he worked with Dutchelet or at least wasn't sacked by him and actually went pair shaped when East Street investments turned up. 
  • Options
    Not sure Bowyer really wanted Kirk, he just wanted a winger. We were bidding for every winger in league 1 at the end of that window.  Definitely panic buying and ended up with Jaiyesimi. Kirk does not feel like the kind of player that Bowyer will work well with so hopefully he’s still moved on 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    NabySarr said:
    Not sure Bowyer really wanted Kirk, he just wanted a winger. We were bidding for every winger in league 1 at the end of that window.  Definitely panic buying and ended up with Jaiyesimi. Kirk does not feel like the kind of player that Bowyer will work well with so hopefully he’s still moved on 
    Bowyer would have that lazy bottle job in tears..
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Has Bowyer Lost It? - Thread

A reminder of how things were seen when he left. 
    " I heard a starting player last night say “Bowyer has fucking lost it”. He also said we never work tactics."

Sounds about right. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Bowyer was VERY good at the beginning, and VERY bad by the end. Who knows if the decline was of his own making, or whether the massive injury crisis in 19/20 tipped him over the edge?

If we can get the same bounce out of him that we did back in 2018 though, I'd welcome him. I do suspect he'd only be here for a couple of years though. Based on how things panned out for him here and at Birmingham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:

Quite a bit of amnesia & gaslighting going on re his last tenure tonight………
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Thought Bowyers time was up when he was here before, strongly believe something went wrong with him and TS. 

Right now however, I’d 100% take him. He gave us the best moments we have had in the last 9 years (against the odds).. who knows lightning might just strike twice. 

Would be nice to see a team not looked so tanked after 55-60 mins as well.
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    Ah well it’s out of our hands 
    I Agree @IAgree...doesn't matter what any of us actually wants...we have no real influence.  Just get behind whoever it is!
  • Options
    Things can only get betterer
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    IAgree said:
    Chunes said:

Quite a bit of amnesia & gaslighting going on re his last tenure tonight………
    I'm quite taken aback tbh. I think I was pro-Bowyer at the time (can't quite remember) but I do remember just how negative and bitter people were against him during that period. Couldn't argue that LB had totally lost his composure either. 
  • Options
    It's either gonna be a glorious comeback and repeat of Wembley. Or a total fucking grenade going off as we self destruct in a storm of internal arguments and relationship breakdowns.

I agree.  Which is why it’s worth the risk because we are already at “total fucking grenade” five games into the season.  
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Jeez just reading the first few pages reminded me how bad things got and you got people on twitter acting like he is some messiah because he got us promoted with Cullen, Bielik, Aribo and Taylor
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!