Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Options
    Let's have a look at how Bowyer did once he left us: 

"After 16 months in charge, Bowyer was sacked on 2 July 2022. During his final season in charge, Birmingham finished in 20th in the EFL Championship and won just four games in 26 after November 2021"
    I’ll take promotion again and finishing 20th in the championship tbf 
  • Options
    Bowyer was VERY good at the beginning, and VERY bad by the end. Who knows if the decline was of his own making, or whether the massive injury crisis in 19/20 tipped him over the edge?

If we can get the same bounce out of him that we did back in 2018 though, I'd welcome him. I do suspect he'd only be here for a couple of years though. Based on how things panned out for him here and at Birmingham.
    Well we've(apparently) been very clever and decided to bring him back right in the middle of a brand new injury crisis so I suspect we'll find out soon enough....
  • Options
    edited August 2023

"After 16 months in charge, Bowyer was sacked on 2 July 2022. During his final season in charge, Birmingham finished in 20th in the EFL Championship and won just four games in 26 after November 2021"
    Didnt he keep them up when he first took over

W5 | D2 | L3 was his initial record between him joining and the end of that season - Imagine many doubters here had Birmingham odds on for relegation the moment he joined them, seeing that there were offers to drive him to Portsmouth (one club he was rumoured to join) shortly before he resigned
  • Options
    edited August 2023
  • Options
    I don’t think Bowyer would come back 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we were a basket case, Birmingham were worse 
  • Options
    If it is Bows, it will be interesting to see how he forms his back room staff. Jacko now a manager in his own right. Mark Kennedy (his Birmingham assistant) the same. Andy Marshall at Millwall. 
    Suspect he’ll be given Pearce, Hayes and Hendo. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    The guy lived off a period where he was given Gallagher, Bielik, Taylor, Cullen, Grant, Aribo to work with. 

He's not doing the same with this lot. 
    One of the reason Cullen, Gallagher and Bielik joined was to work with Bowyer.

And everyone this summer joined to work with Holden. It's generic messaging after every transfer. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Didnt he keep them up when he first took over

W5 | D2 | L3 was his initial record between him joining and the end of that season - No doubt many doubters here had Birmingham odds on for relegation the moment he joined them
    They finished 3rd in the Championship not too long after by his replacement after he took them to 20th and got sacked. 
    No they didnt... They're 3rd at the moment, but finished 17th last season

(I get your point though)
  • Options
    edited August 2023
  • Options

And remind me what state they was in..

To be honest, I don’t think you would be happy unless Peter Varney and Barclay owned the club and Pep was the manager 
  • Options
    Cawley did tweet that he didn't think Bowyer would be interested. That tweet is now deleted.

It's literally not 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

And remind me what state they was in..

To be honest, I don’t think you would be happy unless Peter Varney and Barclay owned the club and Pep was the manager 
    How interesting, I don't actually care about Varney at all so you're just peddling your generic 'agenda' lines. 

We're in a worse state judging by this window. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    The guy lived off a period where he was given Gallagher, Bielik, Taylor, Cullen, Grant, Aribo to work with. 

He's not doing the same with this lot. 
    One of the reason Cullen, Gallagher and Bielik joined was to work with Bowyer.

And everyone this summer joined to work with Holden. It's generic messaging after every transfer. 
    Not sure it was that, the line was the manager sold me the ambition this summer
  • Options
    Cawley RE Bowyer:
    As of this morning there had been no approach.
  • Options
    jams said:
    Cawley did tweet that he didn't think Bowyer would be interested. That tweet is now deleted.

It's literally not 
    Literally didn't see this. Sorry Jams won't happen again.
  • Options
    Cawley RE Bowyer:
    As of this morning there had been no approach.
    100% believe Cawley but Alot can happen since this morning

even if it was just his agent has been approached and in discussions and a leak has got out now
  • Options
    I'd be happy with Bowyer but I don't think he's the right profile for this ownership - you could see that Holden was fuming on Saturday & perhaps the firing was a result of him giving them a piece of his mind, something that LB wouldn't hesitate to do as well

suspect they are looking for a compliant, yes man
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    https://talksport.com/football/efl/1447358/lee-bowyer-leeds-utd-manager-search/

Shows Bowyer is waiting for his next job and not out the game. Though setting his sights on Leeds is a lot higher than where we are now....and probably higher than he would get after his record so far. 
  • Options
    When Bowyer resigned on March 15th 2021, we were 8th in League One, two points outside the top six. 

He had just guided us to four games unbeaten following a tough Xmas spell that saw us drop from 6th to 12th.
    The XI that played in Bowyer’s last game in charge:

Amos, Gunter, Famewo, Pearce, Maatsen, Morgan, Pratley, Watson, Millar, Washington, Stockley
    Jesus wept, I can say with 100% confidence we have a better starting XI now. Only Amos and the two centre halves work their way into our side now imo
    Erm... Maatsen is on the bench in the Premier League

Liam Millar was @ the World Cup, and is in the Swiss Top Flight.
    Maatsen is 3 times the player now that he was then. It was his first loan. He had promise but has 4 seasons of championship football since then.

Millar was also an enigma. Very similar player to CBT to be fair. I did like him though. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!