Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager Search - August 2023

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Valley11 said:
    Who put up the message on here to say ‘they had a text’ and caused this kerfuffle? 
    @Chippycafc
    Just passing on a message I received... Glad to listen to others without scoffing. I will ignore the childish nonsense said since. XX
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    Valley11 said:
    Who put up the message on here to say ‘they had a text’ and caused this kerfuffle? 
    It was chippy who I have met and know and is 100% a solid life long supporter and definitely not a wum.  If he got a text, then I believe he got a text.  (He is a grumpy git tho’)
    Thanks Cat.... Lol I think...
  • Options
    We are all having our proverbials tickled by a man in pink trousers with no money in the pockets

Ferguson, Powell, Bowyer,? 

Do me a favour. The guy is full of it. 

It will be a possible partnership of Steve Brown, Minto and Curbs next.
  • Options
    Belv said:
    Now Cawley has poured cold water on Bowyer, here’s another name to throw in the hat.

ITTV saying Neil Lennon is in talks for the role this eve.
    He’s in the sky sports studio currently.
    But what you can't see is Scott, Rodwell and Methven hiding underneath the desk. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    According to an article in Black Cats, Kevin Phillips is in the mix. Bit left field that one
    Christ, are we that far down our list for a new strker?
    No, it's cost cutting, he's doubling up as manager.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Nathan Jones needs to rebuild what WAS a very good reputation but somewhat tarnished with the shambles at Southampton last year.  I’d definitely like to see him back in our colours
    The problem Jones has now isn't just that he failed with Saints in the Premier League, every manager fails and it was a high level, it's that he made himself look absolutely mental across the course of his reign. Being tactically out of his depth and indecisive is one thing but all his viral interviews where he managed to come across as both arrogant and insane along with it is going to make chairmen think twice about whether or not they want to work with him. It's a shame but he's only got himself to blame
    We are a CV wrecker, his is plummeting as it is.  I cannot see it, but would be pleased to get him here.
    Ultimately I feel we'll only get a yes man.  We can be interested in whoever but if you are not going to support with players and offer a decent wedge we are on a loser.
  • Options
    Whoever is in charge those 4 signings that we keep hearing about need to be approved. 
  • Options
    Nathan Jones would be an excellent appointment at this level. Although, his record isn't great anywhere except Luton
    But at this level is where it counts. Give him the job....and money.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Appleton almost had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus.
    A bit like you mate, the old ones are the best.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whoever is in charge those 4 signings that we keep hearing about need to be approved. 
    But not by any manager. That's Handy Andy's job now.
  • Options
    I think some of the reporting is a little unfair on Andy Scott, Cawley's article does state that he has contacted a number of managers both in and out of work to ask if they would like to be considered for the role (as well as those applying separately). 

That's a standard process - the fact that Ferguson said no is only being reported for headlines - DF basically said no thanks I'm happy where I am, so he comes off the list. If Bonner, Jones, Moore etc have all been approached and remain on that list then I'm sure our collective view would be different, but we won't know that just yet.

I agree its poor to offer Powell an interim role and a stupid own goal. 

There's too much reactionary emotion and noise, it wasn't going to work under Holden and they've made their decision. I'm watching on intently, they're at a crossroads early on with the fan base... lets see how they respond this week.

This is exactly how I see it. I think some of our fanbase need to relax a little bit.
    We have had how many years of s*** since Curbs left? We're f****** off with it.
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    Valley11 said:
    It was chippy who I have met and know and is 100% a solid life long supporter and definitely not a wum.  If he got a text, then I believe he got a text.  (He is a grumpy git tho’)
    ;-) let’s see what your face looks like on the train back to Basingstoke on Saturday…
  • Options
    Bowyer coming back is my dream. Don't think it'll happen though sadly
    Successful managers have been associated with Charlton as players, in the main.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Someone has just text me and said Bowyer has got the job...
    Hope this is true. There are definitely bad things about Bowyer as a manager, but if anyone can unite the fanbase and get us to forget what’s going on upstairs it is him. 

Even him coming in and winning a couple of games would transform the feeling of the club and fanbase. Get him in before Saturday as Fleetwood at home is as easy a start you’ll get 

Would Bowyer unite the fan base? I don't think so, a large number wanted him out.
    Like Curbs you mean :s
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    https://youtu.be/vqMXnfjTHsQ?feature=shared 
    I remember this well. Do you think if bow is coming back we'll see this again? 
    This has got me homesick  :'(
    Have a beer and cheer yourself up quick, you don’t wanna come back here 🙏 the weather’s really crap 😉
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Lennon seamed keen on Hibs. earlier.
    Expect they'll stitch him up..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CatAddick said:
    CatAddick said:
    Valley11 said:
    ;-) let’s see what your face looks like on the train back to Basingstoke on Saturday…
    Lol if there is one. 
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    One thing for sure is it won't be Lee Johnson, that's 99% sure as CM said this to me himself. in Order of Preference for me

Darren Moore
    Lee Bowyer
    Nathan Jones
    Mark Bonner
    So you're the other one that believes Charles.
  • Options
    LB would clash too much with Scott, he will go for a yes man.
    Sadly I feel you are right, it'd be funny Bowyer sparking Scott though when he does not get a player.
  • Options
    The way things are heading we'll possibly make a distinctly average appointment and then get the propoganda out claiming that we felt they were a better fit than our other options which were Pep, Arteta & Klopp.
  • Options
    Did Scott work with Warburton at Brentford?
    Did well at QPR and left his coaching role with Moyes & West Ham in June because he wanted to get back into management. 
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/vqMXnfjTHsQ?feature=shared 
    I remember this well. Do you think if bow is coming back we'll see this again? 
    This has got me homesick  :'(
    Wow that brings back amazing memories 
  • Options
    Now Cawley has poured cold water on Bowyer, here’s another name to throw in the hat.

More chance of getting John.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    shirty5 said:

Imagine 
    Help!
    Starting over.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!