Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steven Sessegnon joins Charlton on season-long loan

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    No doubting his quality, although someone questioned. He’s not put in enough assists?

For me, if we sign him would have to be on a pay as you play, we don’t know how he’s going to react to his op, if that’s what’s needed to sort him out this summer.

Would hate to sign him , to have another player who can only play half a seasons worth of games, and leaves us stuffed again.
  • Options
    Sess is out of contract as far as I am aware and has enjoyed it with us, so depending on ££££s…👀✍️ 🤞
    Lovely stuff, season over (officially) less than 24 hours and we're already looking at that perennial Charlton Transfer Bingo favourite "we wanted to do a deal but couldn't get it over the line."

Fortunately we have a plan B. Less fortunately, plan B is Penney....
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    No doubting his quality, although someone questioned. He’s not put in enough assists?

For me, if we sign him would have to be on a pay as you play, we don’t know how he’s going to react to his op, if that’s what’s needed to sort him out this summer.

Would hate to sign him , to have another player who can only play half a seasons worth of games, and leaves us stuffed again.
    Does anyone actually sign a pay as you play contract? Especially someone who has played 33 league games the season before.

He is a talented player, and one who I think will get better. He’d be a good free signing. Especially in a more 4-4-2 formation behind Campbell/CBT.

I feel we’d need to sign an adequate 7/10 every game and always fit cover though.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:

Does anyone actually sign a pay as you play contract? Especially one who has played 33 league games the season before.

He is a talented player, and one who I think will get better. He’d be a good free signing. Especially in a more 4-4-2 formation behind Campbell/CBT.

I feel we’d need to sign an adequate 7/10 every game and always fit cover though.
    We’ll do well to sign 7/10 every game players as first choice, let alone as cover!
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:

Does anyone actually sign a pay as you play contract? Especially one who has played 33 league games the season before.

Yeah I’d imagine they are very rare. More likely to get a lower wage but higher appearance fee type contract but there’s no way Sessegnon would agree to that as he will have plenty of good offers. Hopefully one of them is from us