Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steven Sessegnon joins Charlton on season-long loan

Comments

• Options
    Came out of cinema to two bits of good news; this and the other stuff that is on the house of commoners page 

Seems another sound signing.

One more perm and 3 or 4 more loans still to come from what I'm told but much nearer to end of the window 
    Expecting anyone to be sold or loaned out?
  • Options
    Mate is Bristol City. Said SS played left back for them and was pretty decent. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Came out of cinema to two bits of good news; this and the other stuff that is on the house of commoners page 

One more perm and 3 or 4 more loans still to come from what I'm told but much nearer to end of the window 
    Expecting anyone to be sold or loaned out?
    Not heard anything on that
  • Options
    Not exactly surprised that clubs are not busting a gut to sign any of our midfielders (Kirk maybe an exception). Surely we have to ditch a couple if we are to sign Payne? We have to sign a hard running forward if we are to play a high pressing game - probably a loan from Prem/Championship.
  • Options
    Strong versatile players are usually very good. Broadens his mind and he's likely to read the game in an advanced way
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Mate is Bristol City. Said SS played left back for them and was pretty decent. 
    It’s a no for me then, I want him to be fucking excellent!!🤣
  • Options
    Can he play LWB as well as JFC did against his Club!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Saw this guy on tele once or twice, he was f****** brilliant.  
    A player is only as good as around him, I'll allow this signing as a statement of intent.
    I speak as somebody totally disillusioned with our current situation and Sandgaard.
    Maybe I’m just an optimist, but I just don’t understand why anyone can be totally disillusioned by TS. He’s not made every decision right, but the club is in such a healthier state than when he bought it. He’s said he wants a vision for how we play and he’s following through on that vision with the signings of both players and manager.

It’s an exciting time. I’d love us to be higher up the footballing pyramid, but we’re not. TS is investing sensibly and appropriately whilst wanting the best for the club. I don’t really know how much more we can realistically ask for.

His comments this close season have been a lot more business focused than the rapture he got caught up in last year which can only be a positive.
    I think very few fans are totally disillusioned. I'm probably one of the most vocal against him at times on here as  'concerned' from Bickley.

He's done a lot of good and is putting money in to keep us going and improving in lots of areas.

My main concern is the footballing side. Just like RD he believes he knows better than seasoned Pro's. It'll end one of two ways - 1. he'll strike lucky and we'll get promoted to the Championship at some point in the next two years. 2. He won't be lucky and by January Garner will be sacked and we'll be sinking like the titanic, another reason wasted that hopefully won't end with us looking at a lower league.

So far his management appointments haven't worked out (I'm sure for many different reasons) and transfers have ultimately been woeful. On paper we look to be turning the tide on some fronts, but I want to see where we are after 6-10 games and what the squad looks like then.
  • Options
    That shirt is not red, looks like he has signed for Blackpool.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Saw this guy on tele once or twice, he was f****** brilliant.  
    A player is only as good as around him, I'll allow this signing as a statement of intent.
    I speak as somebody totally disillusioned with our current situation and Sandgaard.
    Maybe I’m just an optimist, but I just don’t understand why anyone can be totally disillusioned by TS. He’s not made every decision right, but the club is in such a healthier state than when he bought it. He’s said he wants a vision for how we play and he’s following through on that vision with the signings of both players and manager.

It’s an exciting time. I’d love us to be higher up the footballing pyramid, but we’re not. TS is investing sensibly and appropriately whilst wanting the best for the club. I don’t really know how much more we can realistically ask for.

His comments this close season have been a lot more business focused than the rapture he got caught up in last year whichever can only be a positive.
    I hope you are right, you are an optimist. I am not a pessimistic person.
  • Options

If true, I reckon the 1 perm could be our flagship signing. Perhaps a striker.
  • Options

More importantly, I hope Minions lived up to the hype
    Drawn to War.  Excellent film
  • Options
    I'm sorry but if we're going to have someone wearing the number 2 shirt and playing left back? Send him back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think TS’s comments are hilarious when we sign a player, suggesting he knows the player and their style of play, when in truth he’s probably never seen them play let alone know who they are and I say that with affection and not a criticism, in case anyone thinks I’m a TS hater, far from it.
    Agreed, I don't see why he has to try and give such "technical" analysis of the player, instead of just giving the general welcome and letting Garner or Gallen do the technical stuff.
  • Options
    I think TS’s comments are hilarious when we sign a player, suggesting he knows the player and their style of play, when in truth he’s probably never seen them play let alone know who they are and I say that with affection and not a criticism, in case anyone thinks I’m a TS hater, far from it.
    Agreed, I don't see why he has to try and give such "technical" analysis of the player, instead of just giving the general welcome and letting Garner or Gallen do the technical stuff.

He doesn't own the training ground and doesn't own the valley, but he's losing 8+million pounds a year. 
    If it wasn't for his investment, Charlton would have been in trouble

TS is trying to get directly involved. We can smell the Brent on him but he is an ok person.

I hope he is at least enjoying this challenge.

If Charlton win a cup....
    TS would probably grab it himself and lift it in the air while pointing at the skysports camera
  • Options

More importantly, I hope Minions lived up to the hype
    Drawn to War.  Excellent film
    Yes - Marvellous film - Saw it at Bluewater this evening.

• Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:
    Saw him play at Left Back, for Fulham U23s v Norwich U23s at Motspur Park, a couple of seasons ago.

5-9 with a good build. Very Good performance. Produced some very good play on the ball going forward, and was instrumental in much of his side's build-up play on the left flank. He joined in the build-up through midfield very effectively with a number of forward runs into the last third, often getting behind the opposition right back position, where he produced a couple of very good low crosses, including an assist on his side's only goal. He showed very good control and passing ability off both feet, and good ability on the ball in general, with quick feet when in possession. In defensive play, he showed very good positioning and good anticipation to tidy up in behind the defensive line on a couple of occasions. Assessment - Championship/League One. 

Difficult to know now why he hasn't pushed on. Only Fulham will know that.  He looks a better signing, than gambling on 4th tier players being able to step up.
    Fulham have Joe Bryan and also Antonee Robinson who play left back, and both are pretty decent players so i guess Sessegnon just hasn't had much of a chance.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

He doesn't own the training ground and doesn't own the valley, but he's losing 8+million pounds a year. 

TS is trying to get directly involved. We can smell the Brent on him but he is an ok person.

TS would probably grab it himself and lift it in the air while pointing at the skysports camera
    Haha mate if we won the cup he would more than likely climb the Wembley stairs with the team dresses in full kit ! But if that ever happens then I would buy the kit for him to wear myself 😂😂😂
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Dave2l said:

Haha mate if we won the cup he would more than likely climb the Wembley stairs with the team dresses in full kit ! But if that ever happens then I would buy the kit for him to wear myself 😂😂😂
    Pizza painting Johnnys competition has our name all over it 
  • Options
    I think this is a good signing. A player who has the opportunity to kickstart his career and the ability to do so, importantly.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Forwards seem to move later in the window unless silly money thrown at them. It's coming together.
    Forwards go where their agent tells them they’ve got them more money. Good forwards go where they think they are going to score lots of goals that will keep them happy and help their agent get them even more money on the next move. If it was me, I’d be taking more than a passing interest at what’s going on at Charlton atm.