Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steven Sessegnon joins Charlton on season-long loan

Comments

• Options
    Gonna be out for the season, ten minutes into the game on Saturday isnt he!!

solly 2.0?
  • Options
    Ironically probably boosts our chances of keeping him longer term! Solly would have played in the Prem if his knees were up to it.
  • Options
    Ironically probably boosts our chances of keeping him longer term! Solly would have played in the Prem if his knees were up to it.
    Nah, he wasn’t ever going to be tall enough.
  • Options
    Gonna be out for the season, ten minutes into the game on Saturday isnt he!!

solly 2.0?

Yeah that is a worry for him. Hopefully he can sort it out 
  • Options
    Too injury prone to even think of keeping
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Maybe not if we signed two proper left backs.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    That’s my concern, but also the reason there’s a chance we could sign him permanently.
  • Options
    Sadly we’re a bog standard league one club that must make do with injury prone players, youth and punt loans plus a couple of average signings. Unless we are in a position to change that we’re staying put. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I would like us to sign two left footed defenders. One as a wing back. Another as someone who could play LB or a left footed CB.

If SS is fit ( doesn't he have a possible operation due?) I would consider him as a versatile squad option because he is better than this level. Could see him going back to Plymouth now they have been promoted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard J said:
    I would like us to sign two left footed defenders. One as a wing back. Another as someone who could play LB or a left footed CV.

If SS is fit ( doesn't he have a possible operation due?) I would consider him as a versatile squad option because he is better than this level. Could see him going back to Plymouth now they have been promoted.
    I agree, we need to sign at least 2 half decent left backs, who can play 90 minutes, and also another right back, as i can't see Egbo playing a full season next year, just hope we can get the recruitment done on the defence ASAP , so we've got them for a full preseason.
  • Options
    Sess needs for his own sake to get that knee sorted. A bit ridiculous really that we've had a loan player whose minutes have had to be managed all season.
  • Options
    I like him as a player has real skill. at level that many of the senior pros do not. 
    But the season blighted by injury in particular a knee injury. 
    It certainly meant he did not end the season as well as he started, I hope he can over come these physical problems. I doubt he will come back to us I am sorry to say.
  • Options
    I'd love to sign him if he's available but I think he's going to end up at a championship club if he becomes a free agent 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I'd love to sign him if he's available but I think he's going to end up at a championship club if he becomes a free agent 
    Is he out of contract with Fulham having the option of another year? Wouldn't be surprised if they take that option up and loan him back out but he's never going to be a premier league player. 
  • Options
    I hope we don't sign him, primarily because I can't take another season of people complaining that he isn't left footed and therefore CANNOT play left back. It has worn me down. I hope our next left back doesn't even have a right foot, I hope he hobbles around on just the one. It will be easier.
    He'll still somehow injure his right stump..
  • Options
    I hope we don't sign him, primarily because I can't take another season of people complaining that he isn't left footed and therefore CANNOT play left back. It has worn me down. I hope our next left back doesn't even have a right foot, I hope he hobbles around on just the one. It will be easier.
    For you we’ll go one better than that , we’ll get one with two left feet 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Is he out of contract with Fulham having the option of another year? Wouldn't be surprised if they take that option up and loan him back out but he's never going to be a premier league player. 

Yeah I think there's an option there for Fulham but I wonder if they release him and take the training compensation for someone that's not going to make their first team 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's been decent, but not outstanding when compared to previous loan players in that position like Maatsen or Dasilva. 

Looking at the statbank, he's had no assists for the season in the league, which is disappointing for a modern full back.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    If true that he’s loved it here despite everything going on in the background, then there’s something to be said for that, regardless of whether he’s a championship player or not.
  • Options
    Matt penny plays like he hobbles around on leg
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    I would like us to sign two left footed defenders. One as a wing back. Another as someone who could play LB or a left footed CB.

Thought all our defenders had two left feet to be honest.
  • Options
    I agree he is a Championship player but his injury issues may put a few clubs off.
  • Options
    If we manage to sign him I'd rather see him at right back and we bring in a proper left back for the first time in about 5 years 
  • Options
    Likeable chap and good when fit, but we've been down this road before haven't we? 

Where's the learning?
  • Options
    Good player and one of those "too good for league one" signings, mainly, because his knee/ general fitness has to be managed.

Seeing as that went so well with Cheatke... And to some extent Inniss. 

Pass.....