Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steven Sessegnon joins Charlton on season-long loan

Comments

• Options
    This is one for the CL members who are clueless what they did last Wednesday but know there was a Welsh International goal scorer call Ron Davis (or was it Davies?) Who played in the old 1st division Who's brother Paul played for Cafc for a short time after coming from Arsenal.

My grandad told me about this 🤥
    Paul Davies was a decent player at our level (third tier, as now) - at least I liked him. And I can remember what I was doing last Wednesday!
  • Options
    No longer with us, but we also had Timmy Abraham, brother of Tammy.
    Wynette? She didn't play us did she?
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Bizarre that he signed a deal at Fulham to keep him there for a year, considering he’ll likely be here for said length of time!
    ££££££
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Still haven't paid a fee for a player #skint #tinpot 😂
    Loans cost. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Loans cost. 
    + signing on costs, just because they are out of contract don't mark then free signings.
  • Options
    Great news. Hoping for a really solid defence this season. These signings suggest just that.
    Our new defenders all like attacking.
    They may be a great success, but I'm not expecting a solid defence.
    The best form of defence is attack. 
  • Options
    I think TS’s comments are hilarious when we sign a player, suggesting he knows the player and their style of play, when in truth he’s probably never seen them play let alone know who they are and I say that with affection and not a criticism, in case anyone thinks I’m a TS hater, far from it.
    Do you honestly believe he writes the comments? 

They are created by the media team. Exactly the same as with companies and businesses. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Loans cost. 
    I'm never gonna do a bit on CL again

Sike! That was a bit! 
  • Options
    Saw this guy on tele once or twice, he was f****** brilliant.  
    A player is only as good as around him, I'll allow this signing as a statement of intent.
    I speak as somebody totally disillusioned with our current situation and Sandgaard.
    Damn right. Bring back the spivs. Er, hang on a minute. Bring back the loony Belgian. No, that’s not right. I’ve got it. Bring back the thieving bastard. 
  • Options
    Came out of cinema to two bits of good news; this and the other stuff that is on the house of commoners page 

Seems another sound signing.

One more perm and 3 or 4 more loans still to come from what I'm told but much nearer to end of the window 
    More importantly, I hope Minions lived up to the hype
    Drawn to War.  Excellent film
    I got a rather excellent print by Eric from the Towner gallery in Eastbourne.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No longer with us, but we also had Timmy Abraham, brother of Tammy.
    Is the third brother Tommy?
  • Options
    Came out of cinema to two bits of good news; this and the other stuff that is on the house of commoners page 

Seems another sound signing.

One more perm and 3 or 4 more loans still to come from what I'm told but much nearer to end of the window 
    More importantly, I hope Minions lived up to the hype
    Drawn to War.  Excellent film
    I got a rather excellent print by Eric from the Towner gallery in Eastbourne.
    Jealous 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Crusty54 said:
    I think TS’s comments are hilarious when we sign a player, suggesting he knows the player and their style of play, when in truth he’s probably never seen them play let alone know who they are and I say that with affection and not a criticism, in case anyone thinks I’m a TS hater, far from it.
    Do you honestly believe he writes the comments? 

They are created by the media team. Exactly the same as with companies and businesses. 

Then more fool them because that's what they're implying.

To be honest I'm not bothered, it wasn't a criticism just an observation that I found funny. So lighten up buttercup and read my post properly;)
  • Options
    Attacking football garners praise and goals.
    Clean sheets garner points.
    The trick is to combine both effectively.
    I suppose I am saying if the choice was a 0-0 draw, or a 3-4 defeat, then give me the 0-0.
    But best of all is a 5-1 win every game.
  • Options
    Both are 2 footed wizards too they say *eek*
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Both are 2 footed wizards too they say *eek*
    I am very glad that our recruitment policy is biased towards players with two feet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:
    Saw him play at Left Back, for Fulham U23s v Norwich U23s at Motspur Park, a couple of seasons ago.

5-9 with a good build. Very Good performance. Produced some very good play on the ball going forward, and was instrumental in much of his side's build-up play on the left flank. He joined in the build-up through midfield very effectively with a number of forward runs into the last third, often getting behind the opposition right back position, where he produced a couple of very good low crosses, including an assist on his side's only goal. He showed very good control and passing ability off both feet, and good ability on the ball in general, with quick feet when in possession. In defensive play, he showed very good positioning and good anticipation to tidy up in behind the defensive line on a couple of occasions. Assessment - Championship/League One. 

Difficult to know now why he hasn't pushed on. Only Fulham will know that.  He looks a better signing, than gambling on 4th tier players being able to step up.
    How the fck do you remember all that detail about one player of 22-28 players in an inconsequential game that wasn’t Charlton?! Not being skeptical just amazed.
  • Options
    I thought this too immediately on seeing him, then thought 'am I being racist', but now, yeah, there is a third Sessegnon twin. Get 'em playing down the left, confuse everyone, take the odd booking for each other etc 
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:
    Saw him play at Left Back, for Fulham U23s v Norwich U23s at Motspur Park, a couple of seasons ago.

5-9 with a good build. Very Good performance. Produced some very good play on the ball going forward, and was instrumental in much of his side's build-up play on the left flank. He joined in the build-up through midfield very effectively with a number of forward runs into the last third, often getting behind the opposition right back position, where he produced a couple of very good low crosses, including an assist on his side's only goal. He showed very good control and passing ability off both feet, and good ability on the ball in general, with quick feet when in possession. In defensive play, he showed very good positioning and good anticipation to tidy up in behind the defensive line on a couple of occasions. Assessment - Championship/League One. 

Difficult to know now why he hasn't pushed on. Only Fulham will know that.  He looks a better signing, than gambling on 4th tier players being able to step up.
    How the fck do you remember all that detail about one player of 22-28 players in an inconsequential game that wasn’t Charlton?! Not being skeptical just amazed.
    He does scouting 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Tutt-Tutt said:

He does scouting 
    Bit old for Scouts, isn’t he? 
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

That's exactly what I was going to say
  • Options
    Don't know much about this lad, but I thought the interview was impressive.

On that basis, he starts in credit for me.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Well I bet T-T didn’t start the day in the pub like I do before a footy game. 
  • Options
    Guy at my work is a Fulham fan, said Steven is a good player, was looking like he was breaking into the first team but was loaned to Bristol City and never got another chance. Fast, strong on the ball and technically good. Good signing for us I think,