Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steven Sessegnon joins Charlton on season-long loan

Comments

• Options
    Id have him back.

Easy as that...him or Penney....easy choice for me. 
  • Options
    Hope Sess stays but not expecting him to.
  • Options
    I see it a different way, there’s question marks over egbos injury record so surely having 2 players who need minutes managing works better if you can effectively rotate them?
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    I see it a different way, there’s question marks over egbos injury record so surely having 2 players who need minutes managing works better if you can effectively rotate them?
    But can we rotate their wages as well? 🤗
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    LTKapal said:
    But can we rotate their wages as well? 🤗
    wages is the better question, anyway sess wise purely versatility and being a known quantity ( not being part of what I’d consider the tripe of the current team) I’d give him a yes 
  • Options
    A player who at our level can play right and left back to a decent standard is quite a valuable asset. As long as he can play that is.
  • Options
    I think he's looked decent in a poor team, but not especially standout either and has been guilty of some of the same bad errors that have cost us goals as the rest of the team. Doesn't offer as much in attack on the overlap as I'd like either. Add in the fact he can't play 90 minutes regularly and he's not one I'd be in a huge hurry to get back, personally. That being said, I don't have any faith we will sign better. 
  • Options
    He's no Ben Purrington :-)

But I'd have him back in a flash.  His injury record means he is unlikely to make it at the top flight but if he can get that knee sorted he could play in the Championship quite comfortably.  I would think he's enjoyed it with us because his brother, and I assume the rest of his family, are London-based.  Certainly more convenient that playing for Plymouth.

If the wages were acceptable i'd definitely have him back

• Options
    We really need to move away from players with poor injury records. Our defence has been poor this season and Sessegnon although not the biggest culprit has contributed to that 
  • Options
    If his knee injury can be fixed over the summer I would have him back in a shot.  If not then I wouldn't bother.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Id have him back.

Easy as that...him or Penney....easy choice for me. 
    Fortunately that isn't the choice.
    Penney can go play for some pub team somewhere.
    Sess is too injury prone. We need to stop carrying passengers for what they can do when they're fit. Buy someone fit.
  • Options
    Thanks Sess but we won’t be needing you anymore … can’t play two games in a row. 
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    The issue being as soon as one of them is injured then the other cannot be rotated out and will also likely get injured.
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    Well no not really because there is no way to know that they won't just end up both out injured simultaneously.
  • Options
    I don’t disagree with the comments just trying to give an alternate opinion/solution 
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    I don’t disagree with the comments just trying to give an alternate opinion/solution 
    Ideally I suppose you'd be looking at 2 out of the three of Egbo, Kane and Sessegnon as all three are able to play on both sides if needed.
    Before his fluke Charltonisation Kane was pretty reliable fitness wise (and ALSO covers CB) so if his freak injury was a one off he'd probably get the nod.

That then leaves you having to choose between one of two talented but injury prone players to keep.
  • Options
    I thought it was a bit curious on Saturday that we played Clare ahead of both Kane and Egbo at RB. If nothing else it would have been an opportunity to play Kane in his natural position of RB and give him a chance to impress, as unlike Penney he presumably hasn't been written off already
  • Options
    If we are to believe the manager, the decisions have been made so there is no need to look at certain players in certain positions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Thanks Sess but we won’t be needing you anymore … can’t play two games in a row. 
    ButtleJR said:

Seems Sess is hinting he's staying.
    Someone will change their tune the instant it is announced. (If he does stay).
  • Options
    CBT commented something about seeing him next year too. Good move from the club imo 
  • Options
    I do really like Sess, though after his knee flare up in January I don’t think he’s been the same player. 

He’s issues are cleary not on a Chuks level, but I really don’t want us to be in a position again where we are short in quality in a position because one of the players who plays in it is a constant injury risk.
  • Options
    If people are reading this as SS staying then you could jump to similar conclusions on Morgan, Clare and Hector
  • Options
    Blackett-Taylor says “see you June 22nd”

• Options
    mart77 said:
    If people are reading this as SS staying then you could jump to similar conclusions on Morgan, Clare and Hector
    I would imagine Holden would want to keep all of those. Morgan has played well enough to be a useful squad player. 
  • Options
    We could do a lot worse on a free. Yes he has been carrying an injury, but he now has the summer to get that sorted.
  • Options
    Sess is out of contract as far as I am aware and has enjoyed it with us, so depending on ££££s…👀✍️ 🤞