Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steven Sessegnon joins Charlton on season-long loan

Comments

• Options
    If that shirt's red, I'm a Dutchman's uncle, but at least the future's bright 🌞
  • Options
    Good signing 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Forwards seem to move later in the window unless silly money thrown at them. It's coming together.
    Forwards go where their agent tells them they’ve got them more money. Good forwards go where they think they are going to score lots of goals that will keep them happy and help their agent get them even more money on the next move. If it was me, I’d be taking more than a passing interest at what’s going on at Charlton atm.
    Guess my point was more the when they tend to move, than where.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Like all the other signings so far, know chuff all about him other than random fan opinion, might be good, might be shite, might be just fine, but more importantly, like the others the signing seems to fit a profile and a plan.

Speaking of plans looks like we're sticking with what was mentioned way back when, 4/5 perms 5 loans, 1 or 2 with experience (McGrandé and Eggs so far) the rest young (hungry) players with potential to develop. 

As always the proof of the pudding is eating the os..... something like that. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    masicat said:
    A proper signing at last. 
    There's every chance our player of the season will be one of the four already signed 
    Well that wouldn’t be difficult. However, if Caskey stays fit it will be him IMO.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:
    Saw him play at Left Back, for Fulham U23s v Norwich U23s at Motspur Park, a couple of seasons ago.

5-9 with a good build. Very Good performance. Produced some very good play on the ball going forward, and was instrumental in much of his side's build-up play on the left flank. He joined in the build-up through midfield very effectively with a number of forward runs into the last third, often getting behind the opposition right back position, where he produced a couple of very good low crosses, including an assist on his side's only goal. He showed very good control and passing ability off both feet, and good ability on the ball in general, with quick feet when in possession. In defensive play, he showed very good positioning and good anticipation to tidy up in behind the defensive line on a couple of occasions. Assessment - Championship/League One. 

Difficult to know now why he hasn't pushed on. Only Fulham will know that.  He looks a better signing, than gambling on 4th tier players being able to step up.

Interesting to hear your views:
    Steven Sessegnon will be played as an attacking LB in what ever formation we play.
    Good to hear that he is two footed as RB playing LB for Cafc never works out well.
    We have a plethora of right footed players so can't see him ever needing to play on the right.

Steven has always been in Ryan's shadow on the football pitch according to a young guy I got chatting to at Whyteleafe last September at a youth match (he wasn't playing) who knew the twins well and played in the same team at Fulham academy (before being released). Ryan was the baller and played in attack but he said at times Steven was excellent.

At 22, Steven's last two loans have been in League 1, so hopefully a good loan for Cafc and a chance for Sessegnon to show case his abilities. 28 England apps from U16 to U21, so he has talent and he needs to kick on now to get a Championship move next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    could be a VERY good signing, albeit a temporary one, we will see .. welcome Steven and all the best during your Valley time 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Continues the proud Charlton tradition  of signing the brother of a top player.
    I’d be interested in how many people can name. BWP and Alonso are all I can think of ATM
  • Options
    I’d be interested in how many people can name. BWP and Alonso are all I can think of ATM
    Could add Lapado in there from the U18s, given his Brother is a first team player in the EFL
  • Options
    The Sodje brothers? There wasn’t a top player so in that case we signed both.
  • Options
    Elliot Lee but no sure his brother was a top player.

Brian Pele played a few reserves games in the 60s but was really cut out for English football.
  • Options
    What about Paddy and Chris?
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Bradley Allen, Andy Solako and Steve Gatting 😎

Hat trick for Swordfish. A hungry CL member who has bite.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

The two footed tackle on boxing Day by the defender Sodje brother was a disgrace which left us with ten men. Later in the first half Deon Burton after already being booked deliberately patted the ball back to the keeper leaving as with 9.

To get a Desmond 2-2 that day was very impressive against a decent Swindon team.

Put defender Sodje in room 101.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No longer with us, but we also had Timmy Abraham, brother of Tammy.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

The two footed tackle on boxing Day by the defender Sodje brother was a disgrace which left us with ten men. Later in the first half Deon Burton after already being booked deliberately patted the ball back to the keeper leaving as with 9.

To get a Desmond 2-2 that day was very impressive against a decent Swindon team.

Put defender Sodje in room 101.
    Great goal by Llera though. 
  • Options
    Going to be very handy to have a two-footed player at LB. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Chunes said:
    Am sure his weaker foot can pass the ball better than Famewo's preferred. 
  • Options
    Is he any good. played few games for Fulham and moved about on loan a lot, yet no club has made an offer to buy out his contract at Fulham. so far in the transfer window no outstanding signings made. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    They both played for my local non league team when I was a ball boy back in around 2001/2/3 time. They were in the Conference at the time, Sam Sodje was the best player on the pitch most weeks and it was no surprise when he got the move to Brentford (I think). Also an absolutely lovely guy, one of the only players who spoke to us. 

Akpo was absolutely dreadful and I couldn't believe he ended up playing in the football league, let alone the Championship. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Chunes said:
    Am sure his weaker foot can pass the ball better than Famewo's preferred. 
    What you saying! Famewo mastered the 3 quarter clip in the air to no one!
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    msomerton said:
    Is he any good. played few games for Fulham and moved about on loan a lot, yet no club has made an offer to buy out his contract at Fulham. so far in the transfer window no outstanding signings made. 
    How do we know nobody has made an offer to buy him? Loaning out young players until they're ready for the first team is normal. 

I look forward to watching him play. Seems like the Plymouth fans rated him.