Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Steven Sessegnon joins Charlton on season-long loan

Comments

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Is he right or left footed?

Been wondering this myself. Fotmob says he's left footed but FIFA says he's right footed. Guess that backs up the claim he's comfortable on either side.
  • Options
    Good signing, but we need some players who know how to produce the sound of the rustle of the onion bag.

Bon Jovi eat your heart out.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    He plays on the left
    He plays on the right
    He plays down the middle
    Sessegnon is alright (isn't shite).
  • Options
    Great news. Hoping for a really solid defence this season. These signings suggest just that.
    Do they? If we wanted a solid defence we would have signed Purrington style steady Eddies. Instead, we've signed 2 attacking full backs, and a passing CB and keeper. I expect us to be far more attacking and less defensive
    We were attacking even with Purrington in 2018-19.  You have to have good players to play attacking football; in any case, we’ve lost lots of game playing supposedly defensive football in the last 2 years.  The good teams have a structure of defending - the best teams invariably concede among the fewest goals even if they score a lot . 
  • Options
    Great news. Hoping for a really solid defence this season. These signings suggest just that.
    Our new defenders all like attacking.
    They may be a great success, but I'm not expecting a solid defence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good signing I think, sounds like he’s been brought in to play at left back/LWB but can play in a variety of positions. Exciting young player with decent pedigree and has played up to 21’s for England. What’s not to like?  
  • Options
    Ffs
    page 2. 
    Weve got songs about him...
     Come on 
    Height?
  • Options
    All these signings and not a forward yet is looking promising, don’t know what to get first my season ticket or custard!!!
  • Options
    Forwards seem to move later in the window unless silly money thrown at them. It's coming together.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Forwards seem to move later in the window unless silly money thrown at them. It's coming together.
    Yes back to that word patience, we needed a real freshen up, it appears to be happening. Surely anything is going to be an improvement on last season, fingers crossed it’s enough to be in the mix.
  • Options
    I know absolutely fuck all about him.
    But

I'm 100 % convinced he will be better than Gunter 
    Heeee's better that Ryan
    Heeee's better than Ryan
    Steven Sessegnon 
    He's better than Ryan.

• Options
    sammy391 said:
    Bizarre that he signed a deal at Fulham to keep him there for a year, considering he’ll likely be here for said length of time!
    Not good enough for the Premier League but ideal if Fulham come back down, I guess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sessegnon fits the classic three syllable 'ere we go' chant.

No need for further work, it's the Conor McGrandles song that needs a bit of creative input.
  • Options
    Conor McGrandles is destined for Sloop John B sadly. He'll....score.....when he wants? Hmm
  • Options
    Saw this guy on tele once or twice, he was f****** brilliant.  
    A player is only as good as around him, I'll allow this signing as a statement of intent.
    I speak as somebody totally disillusioned with our current situation and Sandgaard.
  • Options
    "Well, it's a bright start for the addicks at the valley.. in the early couple of minutes of this game.....Charlton have certainly been on the attack.
    Back to you Jeff"
  • Options
    Very happy with this and the other signings. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:

No need for further work, it's the Conor McGrandles song that needs a bit of creative input.
    Also fits into the classic kumbaya my lord chant which I believe was utilised for ex player Kenny Acheampong :)
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Got a good feel about this one - haven't a clue if he is any good so probably just going off his surname, but a good feel nonetheless!
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    seth plum said:

Also fits into the classic kumbaya my lord chant which I believe was utilised for ex player Kenny Acheampong :)
    This is a good first foray.