Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-match Thread: Oxford v Charlton | Sat 6 March 2021

Comments

• Wake me up when it's over.
  • esseffect said:
    Croydon said:
    Awful match, absolutely awful. League One football at its worst. We're crap going forward, completely uninspiring.

Given a chance to score late on, and our random, Danish, marquee signing lays it on a plate for the keeper. 

It's not bad luck, sick of people saying it is, we are just shit.
    Shit owner, shit manager, shit players... Go support Man City where it’s easy 
    Yes mate, that's exactly what I'm saying. CTID!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Schwartz getting slated week in week out is getting silly.
    Why? Happened to Bogle. What has Schwartz done that Bogle didn’t?
  • Good performance I thought. Played against a good side who are in good form. Miles better than showing against Blackpool and Burton.

Pleased with the point and the clean sheet as shows that we won’t finish the season getting humiliated each week I thought could happen last week.

Very gutted as that win would be huge for Charlton.
  • edited March 2021
    Rothko said:
    Croydon said:
    Rothko said:
    If Schwartz had scored it would have ruined a few people’s weekends on here especially those from Croydon, so fair point from a meh game
    Weird dig at me? Just @ me if so, own it.
    I’ll go and edit it just for you
    Yeah, really wanted us to lose.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just imagine if it was Bogle who had had put in similar performances week in week out....
    Bogle's playing style was advertised as being similar to Aneke. 

Schwartz has always been an off the defenders shoulder player. No one has tried to paint him differently.

• I'm far from Bowyer's greatest fan but credit where credit is due, that was a much better interview and good to see him supportive of Schwartz (at least in public)
    Would love to see him help his confidence by starting him Tuesday
    No not good enough for me
  • I'm far from Bowyer's greatest fan but credit where credit is due, that was a much better interview and good to see him supportive of Schwartz (at least in public)
    Not sure I'd go that far! 
    Not sure I'd go that far! 
    I know they've just put four past Portsmouth so we cant be naive but if Ronnie cant handle Northampton!!
  • The application and effort has been there in the past 2 games, but a turgid performance in terms of talent and quality on show.  That’s just where we’re at. 

A couple of clean sheets now, and we certainly look a lot more organized over the last 2 games, but this is a limited squad.  
  • Y-a-w-n! What a dreary and boring team we are: misplaced passes, errors of control, wrong decisions in possession. Not a flicker of invention or inspiration anywhere on the pitch. The standard of crosses and shots by most teams in this division is jaw-droppingly abysmal.

Amos looked shaky and was saved by the woodwork; Pearce and Famewo almost signed a suicide pact; central midfield was vapid, as usual. Up front, Aneke was anonymous apart from another flailing elbow; Washington made no impression whatsoever; and in having his penalty saved, Schwartz proved he is the biggest flop since Ajose.

Gillingham are just one point behind us. This is the poorest Charlton side in living memory.

• Sponsored links:

• edited March 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just imagine if it was Bogle who had had put in similar performances week in week out....
    Bogle's playing style was advertised as being similar to Aneke. 

Schwartz has always been an off the defenders shoulder player. No one has tried to paint him differently.

What do you mean by that? What type of striker they are has absolutely nothing to do with my original point - but in a way backs it up. 

The fact of the matter is we had two under performing strikers yet some of the abuse aimed at one, whilst the quickness to defend the others by fans was and is disproportionate. 
  • It was a pretty good penalty, hard ,but a bit too low, keeper saved but was very lucky it just hit his wrist a flew over the bar, could have gone in and we would all be thinking great, so there you go.
    One things for sure, if it had been at the other end we all know the result don't we, so we come away with a point, it's one gained i feel, and we go onto Northampton Tuesday in the first of 3 home games, so let's just win them ffs, get something right at what we used to call Fortress Valley.
    The universe strikes again. 
  • Can someone teach Curbs how to say Maatsen... 
    Agree with the thinking but we really need to get a settled team/formation/style