Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-match Thread: Oxford v Charlton | Sat 6 March 2021

Comments

• Thank god that’s is over - absolute snooze fest. 
  • Didn't deserve to win. I don't blame Schwartz for missing the pen . How else is he going get some confidence by scoring?. Lets face it we don't create chances to his feet where he needs it. . 

Fair result from two very average mid table teams.
  • Also Burton beat Peterborough, clearly just a team in form right now
  • Dazzler21 said:
    A decent point.  Don't know why Stockley didn't take the penalty. Never fancied Schwartz to score 
    Really? It was a good save. He leathered it on target tight to the post.
    Wasn't tight to the post at all, I don't think. Average penalty I think, from someone who's supposed to be a lethal finisher 
  • It wasn’t a good game to watch, I’d have taken a point before the game, much as I wanted us to win it.

Hope Ronnie can bounce back from this.
  • Spent 90 minutes waiting for something interesting to happen, and then got cockblocked right at the last moment. 

This side are so boring to watch. 
  • Crushed that we missed a great chance at a "smash and grab", but in all honesty, a point was the fair result. And I am actually pleased we seem to have sorted out our defense, some.
  • Send him home ffs
  • Sponsored links:

• I remember when people used Sunderland as an example of changing managers not working, there 4th now. 
  • As I said in match thread, boring throughout, no spark in these games, 
    like watching paint dry.
  • edited March 2021
    Another draw that feels like less because we should have won it at the end. Like Washington's open goal miss. That's another 5 points on the board and we're in the play-offs. 

If our players are so good, why do we lack so much quality. Every time they get it in the final third it's a heavy touch, a wrong decision, a three yard pass that goes out for a throw, an easy ball that goes anywhere other than where it should go... The lack of composure and quality is laughable. 

It's good that we have arrested the slump but I hate this team and can't wait for this season to be over. 
  • edited March 2021
    That would have made a good week a great week.

Back to back clean sheets, something to build on.  4 big games coming up we will know more about the short term future by then. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    Don’t care too much about the Penalty miss. We aren’t going up so whatever.

What does piss me off is Amos time wasting against Oxford when we should be pushing for a win.

The mentality is wrong. The players are substandard.

I want this season to end more than any other. It’s just boring.
    Wasn't just Amos, there was zero urgency from any of the players with the throw-in at the end which got us the pen also. And just zero urgency overall really. Baffling.

Disagree that the players aren't good enough. They aren't great. But they've shown they are good enough at other clubs/in earlier patches of form. The system/coaching/motivation isn't working and hasn't done all season.

Hard to judge exactly what is missing. Still believe if we hadn't had our centre backs ripped out while on our good run we would be up there challenging the top 2 - even though we weren't playing great during our winning run - we had momentum.
  • The winning streak was nice while it lasted...

123 days since our last back to back win. :s
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    Rothko said:
    If Schwartz had scored it would have ruined a few people’s weekends on here especially those from Croydon, so fair point from a meh game
    Weird dig at me? Just @ me if so, own it.
    I’ll go and edit it just for you
  • We are poor really. Not one player I look forward to watching. No quality at all.
  • Fair result. The opposition were fast, tricky and marked us out of the game. We seemed to lose the ball a lot, quite needlessly, from throw-ins, clearances, goal kicks. We didn't create enough chances but the players did their best.

Can't see us making the play-offs. Think we'll play OK in the final third but miss them by a couple of points.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Schwartz getting slated week in week out is getting silly.
    Just imagine if it was Bogle who had had put in similar performances week in week out....
    Yeah and it's not like Schwartz hasn't been given a chance, he's been here 2 months and barely does a thing 
  • Golden chance to get three points we didn't quite deserve. We had some good spells and will take the clean sheet, but three points and back to back wins would have made a big difference for us.
  • edited March 2021
    We need to sort out our home form this season, no excuses....