Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Thread: Hull City v Charlton | Sat 02 Jan 2021

Comments

• paulfox said:
    stonemuse said:
    Astonished that the majority of Charlton Life seem to want Bowyer out ... fortunately it would appear that Thomas does not agree with you. 
    Respect your opinion, but to make that comment surely requires an explanation why you think it?. What has bowyer done so well not to judged on recent decisions and results. Completely forgetting sentiment in your answer.
    We’re in 6th place. 
    At the moment, would you currently say 6th looking up or 6th looking behind our backs? Based on current decisions and form.?
  • edited January 2021
    Talal said:
    stonemuse said:
    Astonished that the majority of Charlton Life seem to want Bowyer out ... fortunately it would appear that Thomas does not agree with you. 
    I think the majority of Charlton Life want Bowyer to play players in the correct positions. 
    It’s amazing how all the Curbs revisionists completely forget the days he played right backs at left back, wide midfielders on the wrong wings, centre defenders as centre forwards, strikers out wide, four narrow central midfielders across the midfield with no width. 
    I think we've gone enough games to show it doesn't work with these players that are far from the quality you refer to.
    You think we should carry on with line ups like today? 
  • Talal said:
    stonemuse said:
    I think the majority of Charlton Life want Bowyer to play players in the correct positions. 
    It’s amazing how all the Curbs revisionists completely forget the days he played right backs at left back, wide midfielders on the wrong wings, centre defenders as centre forwards, strikers out wide, four narrow central midfielders across the midfield with no width. 
    How did it go for Curbs though?
  • But should we wait and lose/risk the chance to get promotion this season? 
  • stonemuse said:
    How the hell do you work that out????
    Read the comments ... it’s very clear 
  • Stig said:
    Just heard from our kid that the Pratley sending off was for bumping into someone whislst walking backwards. Is that corect? It sounds outrgeous.
    Nope, it was for the little kick out after that.
  • Talal said:
    stonemuse said:
    A lot the time the players being asked to do so could actually achieve it as they were in the main better players?
  • Sponsored links:

• All in all, we were shit, nowhere near where we should be and a lot of that imo falls on the tactics and selection in recent weeks. We've looks tired and really lacklustre, no excitement or energy about us, lots of laboured sideways passes. What i'd give for our 18/19 playoff team back. If Lee thought we were in the game, i'm sorry bowyer, but your off your tits drunk still from NYE, because that was a shower of shit
  • paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    stonemuse said:
    Respect your opinion, but to make that comment surely requires an explanation why you think it?. What has bowyer done so well not to judged on recent decisions and results. Completely forgetting sentiment in your answer.
    We’re in 6th place. 
    At the moment, would you currently say 6th looking up or 6th looking behind our backs? Based on current decisions and form.?
    Obviously on current form it’s not looking good  (16th in form table for both last 5 and 10 games). But isn’t it showing something that we’re 16th in those form tables and still managed to hang on to a play off position. We’re above Hull in one of those form tables yet they’ve hung on to an automatic finish. 

This league is about consistency, it has been for all the years we’ve been here before. We’re on poor form, I don’t believe that will last much longer. 

I’ll judge Bowyer on the full season and I believe he should stay as manager for its entirety.

• MattF said:
    What was that in response to ?
  • One thing to note is Hull lost their last 3 games, haven't played since 18th December and were 3rd at kick off, shows how open the league is so there is still plenty of time to turn things around.

Thomas had repeatedly said he wants attractive attacking football, we haven't played either since the promotion season.

I expect Bowyer to be given the full season and will then be gone regardless of where we finish, he just doesn't play the football Thomas likes and he can't grow the "brand" abroad like he wants to when we just play not to lose.
  • Talal said:
    stonemuse said:
    Coupled with being out of the game for 12 plus years and having zero experience of this level.
  • We are desperately short up front - both in terms of quality players and the actual size of our strikers.

So why on earth is Josh Davison still at Woking?  He'd be a huge upgrade on Bogle. (And as someone else said, the coach should drop Bogle off in Grimsby tonight on the way home so he can continue his career there) 
  • Sponsored links:

• meldrew66 said:
    Hard to see where the goals will come from any more
    That isn't Bowyers fault as we were hampered by the last lot who owned us + once TS was in the bloody wage cap stopped us signing better players. Playing players out of position, going ultra defensive, dropping players who have been outstanding in the previous game, playing four fucking full backs at the same time IS down to Bowyer. Should he be sacked ? I think TS will give him more time but I think it's a question of when not if.  
  • So disappointing. Very poor performance and doesn't feel that the team are together at present. Yes we really miss the two central defender's and Shinnie is also sorely missed. Without Aneke there was no attacking threat. Trying to keep positive and things can change quickly with a couple of wins. Worrying times. I think with this squad we should be doing better despite the injuries
  • We are desperately short up front - both in terms of quality players and the actual size of our strikers.

So why on earth is Josh Davison still at Woking?  He'd be a huge upgrade on Bogle. (And as someone else said, the coach should drop Bogle off in Grimsby tonight on the way home so he can continue his career there) 
    Davisons loan is until January, so will be interesting to see whether we extend it or not, seem to remember Gallen implied a little while ago that we might look to get him in the squad
  •  I cannot for the life of me understand why Bowyer won't blood someone like Barker?

He's said before that a mistake could ruin a young player, but in a ground with no fans, what better place to bring him in?

I guess it depends how Barker reacted after that own goal against Doncaster

Bowyer could already have seen his reaction to a mistake and it might be in a way that Bowyer doesnt like to see a young player doing

Of course its up to Bowyer to try and get Barker out of that mindset if so, but you can take a horse to water!!

Indeed I was baffled why we didn't bring him back - his loan spell was due to end at the start of January anyway - and stick him on the bench today

At least it would give us another option