Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Thread: Hull City v Charlton | Sat 02 Jan 2021

Comments

• Anyone thinking of trying to defend Bogle. 

Please don't 
    To be fair to him, he has...er...hang on...give me a minute...
    Ok, I’ve got it, he’s been good at...er...oh, no, hang on...er...let me think for a bit longer.
    Right, @blackpool72 here you go:
    Bogle has some value because he makes the rest of our team look goo... oh ffs forget it.
  • I do not like slating individual players, but no way is Bogle good enough to be a professional footbqller
  • we must remember that TS has Ged Roddy at the club who is his man on the football side - I hope that Ged is in contact with TS
  • Clueless doesn’t even begin to describe how bad we were today. We were DogShite
  • That is a dressing room lost post. Players do that when they are so pissed off they don't care. For that reason alone something has to change.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not a happy bunny 
    Unprofessional to post such a message, blah blah BUT in this case I can't blame him
    Think he is also on about his time at Hull where he hardly played. 
    But he is also talking about today

I imagine Bowyer won't be happy, but then I for once am on the player's side
    Oh yeah for sure. Bowyer has definitely given a player that had been short of confidence a kick in the bollocks today
  • stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:
    Astonished that the majority of Charlton Life seem to want Bowyer out ... fortunately it would appear that Thomas does not agree with you. 
    How the hell do you work that out????
    Read the comments ... it’s very clear 
    Rubbish.....as classic an example of gross misinterpretation as you could think of.🤨
  • edited January 2021
    AndyG said:

Not a happy bunny 
    Well he will probably get a roasting for that on Monday morning and find himself back on the bench on Friday. But you have to admit he has a point 
    Wonder who sat on which coach. I heard that clubs needed to use three coaches to transport players to facilitate Covid distancing. I wonder if they draw lots, bet nobody wants to be near Bows. 

Can you imagine Bows steaming down the bus to a group of giggling kids at th back having a laugh. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    A loss against Accrington and the heat is seriously on Bowyer
    You taking the piss, he's had heat for 3 months.
    Weve been shite 
  • john3 said:
    Bowyer out, Curbs in please Thomas.
    I’ll second that.

• Anyone thinking of trying to defend Bogle. 

Please don't 
    To be fair to him, he has...er...hang on...give me a minute...
    Ok, I’ve got it, he’s been good at...er...oh, no, hang on...er...let me think for a bit longer.
    Right, @blackpool72 here you go:
    Bogle has some value because he makes the rest of our team look goo... oh ffs forget it.
    Actually he does have certain qualities. 

The 1st touch of Mcguiness 

The shooting power of Simon church 

The physical attributes of Nicky Ajose 

And as many goals as Polish Pete.

That's one hell of an effort to combine that lot.
  • For what it’s worth, my opinion is that Bows is doing alright with a brand new squad that includes crap strikers. He’s still in credit but needs to improve once he gets Schwartz in. I’m a bit surprised at the playing players out of position too but as he’s said in the post match interview, he has a reason (at least!) 

Unless Eddie Howe fancies another project starting in the lower leagues, which I highly doubt, I’d leave Bows, Jacko and Gallen to do their thing.
  • That is a dressing room lost post. Players do that when they are so pissed off they don't care. For that reason alone something has to change.
    The dressing room has gone from what I heard. It started with the bogle and Williams subs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:
    A loss against Accrington and the heat is seriously on Bowyer
    You taking the piss, he's had heat for 3 months.
    Weve been shite 
    Hell probably just say that Stanley are a well organised side that we've lost to before so we should take it as a sign that anything is wrong.  He wanted to see commitment, passion, quality, effort, but we were undone by a momentary lapse of concentration ...blah....blah....blah. 
  • Just fucking odd! 
  • And well done Bowyer for building up Deji for Friday night. Basically saying he will play because we don't have anybody else. He is poison at the moment. No way the dressing room will be happy. That only goes one way.
  • I was about to buy the live stream when I saw the team
    Unfortunately i bought the stream before the team sheet, so will have to take your guide next time, on a positive point, at least the people on here with a hang up on Pratley and Watson in the same side will have at least the next three games at peace ;)
  • 2 wins out of 10 now and the majority of them results are due to Bowyers poor team selection/tactics and decision making.

I'll say it now as things are Bowyer is not going to get us promoted be it this season or next 
    Huge injuries to our permanent defence a big reason, you can’t say majority recent games is due to poor selection and tactics. A defence that knows each other is worth gold in this division. 
    Read your last sentence again. The 2 players missing in that defence got introduced to each other after the season had started. Its a miracle that they formed a partnership as solid as they did. We are obviously missing them badly but don't let's rewrite history by imagining that they have been a pairing for years & years.
  • at least he seems to acknowledge there MIGHT be a problem and improvement is needed .. QUICKLY
  • I don’t think there can be any debate about Bogle - he’s just not good enough, he can’t shoot, head, trap the ball, beat a man, hold it up and has no pace so I doubt he will play for the club again unless everyone else is injured. The one I don’t really understand is Gilbey - he was completely anonymous today - I just don’t know what his position is supposed to be 
    He was player of the season at MK - he looks both clueless and lost now. He’s the bloke you used to play with in Sunday League who seemed very busy but made sure he was never really available to receive a pass