Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Thread: Hull City v Charlton | Sat 02 Jan 2021

Comments

• Bogle is the worst striker we have ever had,and I never thought we could have anyone worse than Joe Dodoo.Bring  Josh Davison back ,at least he gives you some movement.Maatsen is a good young wing back, play him as one,if Oshilaja is not considered good enough to play centre half during our injury crisis then bring back young Barker who surely will be better than having t
    Gunter or a Pratley as makeshifts who just can’t do it.Finally please be more adventurous,start Maddison and Albie Morgan(who should not have been taken off today).Today was truly shocking and LB must take the blame, it will be peace that will get us out of this division and today there was none
  • Still in top six somehow that's the only news. we are ordinary at best and bogle as I said in last comment has opportunity today. He turned in a shite performance yet again, he's worse than useless !!
  • Sorry meant pace but maybe peace as well
  • I have very little faith left in LB - constant tinkering and bizarre team selections. 
    2 wins in 9 games in a relatively easy run of fixtures.

I have no idea what he is doing at present.
  • Blucher said:

That is the sort of team selection and performance that gets managers the sack.

This.  Unless we respond well next Friday I think Lee is toast.  It's also the kind of team selection that loses the dressing room (unless Oshilaja & Maddison are unpopular among their teammates)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    AndyG said:
    There seems to be a bit of friction on here after that game 😁 I dont think most of the peoples criticism of Lee is saying he should go. They are asking the question that anyone in Lee's position should be asked when things go wrong. Lee has earned to right to loyalty from the fans but not the right for blind belief in the decisions he is taking. If any of us in our day jobs takes a decision then we should be willing to justify that decision. The team today was obviously set up to try and get a 0-0 result. If I had the current defensive issues Lee is facing I would be saying to myself ok we are likely to concede 1 or 2 goals so we need to score 2 or 3 to get a result, what team can I put out to try and do that ? Whereas Lee is thinking how can I try and get my defense to stop leaking goals. Lee it ain't going to happen mate with that stating 11 you are always going to concede. So imo questioning his selections week after week when they obviously are not working are fair questions. What most people seem to be saying is that they hope he will learn before it becomes too late. TS is at the end of the day a businessman and there is little time for sentiment when your £'s are on the line. The squad we have are far better than the results we are achieving and that is obvious to everyone I would think. Transfer window open and it would be typical if we bring in new signings with some directness only to start them on the bench every week.
    It wouldnt have taken much man management skill to have got into MM ear this week and explained to him how he wasnt good enough to get a deal at Hull !!!! He would have come out like a raging bull today but we preferred to leave him on the bench, a missed opportunity I think
    Good post. Probably speaking a lot of posters thoughts.👍
  • Here,s one for the LB can do no wrong group.

it’s only a couple months we going to close down.

we have had to scrape a side together of complete shit.

we didn’t have a pre season

we have terrible injury crisis

All of the above are why we are an absolute dog turd of a team. None of it has anything to do with LB,s complete weekly madness of the last two months.

GET REAL.... We have as good a squad as any side in this terrible crap league. However, they are being badly managed, and as a consequence, are under performing, looking dejected, and basically like they are disinterested. So do we remove the squad or the manager. 
    We're underachieving, surely no one can disagree with that.
  • Talal said:
    "First-half, taking the goal aside, I thought we did okay. They weren’t better than us." What was he watching
    To be fair they werent and even Curbs said as much after the game

We got a few set pieces which Hull dealt with really badly, then you had Bogle's miss kick which should have been the equaliser. Its as Bowyer said after the game, we changed things at half-time which made us look better but then we still didnt create anything - Hull had their own chances but they were able to hit us on the counter the further and further we got into the game thanks to their goal, up until the sending off, they were camped in their own half hence why our defence was passing the ball amongst themselves on the half way line
  • Who takes the blame if Oshilaja fucks up?

I wonder if any fans will ever put their hand up and admit they're wrong if he costs us... HAHA!!
    As a few of us have said recently, I think we have a fair few in the bank if that is the case. 

And I also think its weird that week after we we are proved right and you wont accept it, but happy to gloat should a player mess up once if they happen to be in their rightful position. The team would have to make loads of individual mistakes until they even out the recent ones by Bowyer.
  • DRAddick said:
    "Deji will have his chance on Friday"
    But in what position?
    In goal probably.
  • Pointless interview really.

Minto can't ask about his crazy selections; can't ask why he picks players out of position; cant ask why maddison left on the bench. 
    Why can't he...?
  • Talal said:
    "First-half, taking the goal aside, I thought we did okay. They weren’t better than us." What was he watching

We got a few set pieces which Hull dealt with really badly, then you had Bogle's miss kick which should have been the equaliser. Its as Bowyer said after the game, we changed things at half-time which made us look better but then we still didnt create anything - Hull had their own chances but they were able to hit us on the counter the further and further we got into the game thanks to their goal, up until the sending off, they were camped in their own half hence why our defence was passing the ball amongst themselves on the half way line
    After Hull scored they ensured they had bodies in the box defensively. This one tactic buggers Bowyer up every time, whichever team is playing it. Even if Pratley didn't get sent off, we were hardly knocking at the door were we?
  • Can’t wait to see Shwartz at CB on Friday, I think he’ll do a job

• Not a happy bunny 
    Unprofessional to post such a message, blah blah BUT in this case I can't blame him
    I would agree unless he's reading this site now and noting the comments about him? 

Can't see LB being happy with it and still makes me think theres trouble at mill! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Who takes the blame if Oshilaja fucks up?

I wonder if any fans will ever put their hand up and admit they're wrong if he costs us... HAHA!!
    As a few of us have said recently, I think we have a fair few in the bank if that is the case. 

And I also think its weird that week after we we are proved right and you wont accept it, but happy to gloat should a player mess up once if they happen to be in their rightful position. The team would have to make loads of individual mistakes until they even out the recent ones by Bowyer.
    Had we won 2-0 today with Bowyer getting his selection right would you have accepted and admitted that you were wrong to doubt him?
  • But we knew that wasn't going to happen when we saw the team. The tactic was to be defensive and hope they made an error or we got something from a set piece. The chances of it working when you have a weakened defence are incredibly low. 
  • edited January 2021
    Talal said:

After Hull scored they ensured they had bodies in the box defensively. This one tactic buggers Bowyer up every time, whichever team is playing it. Even if Pratley didn't get sent off, we were hardly knocking at the door were we?
    Hang on I'm confused... I thought Bowyer was wrong to take that approach? - (Swindon)

I thought the argument from that game was that Bowyer shouldnt have gone defensive yet should have kept on attacking

Hull didnt do that today, they attacked when they could and used Wilks and his pace, same way we used Maatsen against Swindon late in the game...

And Swindon were hardly knocking on the door either, was an second half of catching practice for Amos
  • Talal said:

Charlton were getting the ball into dangerous areas after HT which was no surprise. So I believe we would have created a chance or 3. No crystal ball so not sure if we would have taken the chances and if Hull would have scored more against a team with our reserve CB's.

I felt embarrassed with the line up first half.

• Not a happy bunny 
    Unprofessional to post such a message, blah blah BUT in this case I can't blame him
    Think he is also on about his time at Hull where he hardly played. 
    But he is also talking about today

I imagine Bowyer won't be happy, but then I for once am on the player's side
  • Chunes said:
    LB saying Watson has done his hamstring and will be unavailable for a while. And what with Pratley now banned for three games, I must say, I am feeling pretty happy about this news. 
    Am curious to see how we play without them both now

- Are they hindering us with their age and it is their slowness now that has been effecting performances
     - Are we going to play even worse now and this is a sign of how much we miss them
  • edited January 2021
    Talal said:

Hang on I'm confused... I thought Bowyer was wrong to take that approach? - (Swindon)

I thought the argument from that game was that Bowyer shouldnt have gone defensive yet should have kept on attacking

Hull didnt do that today, they attacked when they could and used Wilks and his pace, same way we used Maatsen against Swindon late in the game...

And Swindon were hardly knocking on the door either, was an second half of catching practice for Amos
    Bowyer would fine employing that tactic if it worked, but our defence has too many mistakes in it. For us, we need to be more offensive minded. It gives the defence more breathing space and would mean we would be more likely to score the first goal which would open Hull up.

Teams can do that against us, because we don't go desperate. We are slow and require too many passes and we don't get bodies in the box or put in enough dangerous balls. Sadly we are not playing against our defence.