Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Thread: Hull City v Charlton | Sat 02 Jan 2021

Comments

• The sending off killed us.
    A nothing Beckham like kick at the heal.
    Red Card ? Pratley has done worse and only got a yellow !

Terrible and stubborn first half line up from Lee Bowyer. 

I have always tried to be positive during a game but you can only say a bad day at the office so many times.

Lee had an opportunity to play Washington with Maddison and Jonny as attacking midfielders. He started Bogle: by taking off Omar at HT, which tells the CL members that were bragging about not paying the tenner that it wasn't a great success.

I will OUT anyone on the preview thread who gives out 2 or 3 on the players marks who weren't going to watch the game.

Giving out 2 or 3 is for those of us who suffered the full 96 minutes.

Bizarrely the plus 1 for Pratley for playing CB, he has lost -2 for being spotted by the lino.

I feel lower than a Dachshund's testicles.

• I’m well aware the next 10 pages are going to be full of angry rants about getting Bowyer out of the club asap. 

Personally disagree and don’t believe that sacking him is the way to go. Obviously the last few games have not been good enough in terms of performances and it’s a concern we’re conceding twice every game. Hopefully Sandgaard trusts Bowyer to have this transfer window to sort out the gaps we need to fill (and I’m sure he will give that to Bowyer too). 
    Agree with this. Bowyer out now is premature. Not been great of late but I think he should be given the benefit of the doubt until at least the end of this season
  • A very comfortable afternoon for Hull, even during our better spell at the start of the second half we created nothing

• john3 said:
    Curbs agrees with Bowyer comments. 

Bloody hell some of you ain’t going to like that. 
    He's got to. That is one problem with a club broadcast service. It can''t be too critical. 
    Too true, should get Piers Morgan in to ask the real questions that we want the answers to.
    Are you okay? No idea why you’re bringing Trump and Piers Morgan in to discussion about a football game today. 
  • Some real perspective needed here. We are on a bad run certainly and we have to halt that but we are in sixth position. That’s a playoff place. Time for LB to earn his corn and change things around and for the better. I think he’ll do both. When the going gets tough and all that. Not many tougher than Lee Bowyer. 
    Maybe we are playing our usual standard and we actually had an unusually fantastic run that got us on top 6 
  • meldrew66 said:
    Hard to see where the goals will come from any more
    Not really, can see them coming a mile off!
  • stonemuse said:
    Astonished that the majority of Charlton Life seem to want Bowyer out ... fortunately it would appear that Thomas does not agree with you. 
    I wouldn't have even thought about suggesting it until now but I really lost the plot with him today. He has been loyal to us through lots of shit, but he was able to hide poor tactics & results against the shitshow behind the scenes. I'm not saying I think he should be sacked but much more of this and I will be.
  • edited January 2021
    I suppose people wont care too much but might have gone under the radar during the Match Thread (might have missed it)

Noticed though that Gilbey got his fifth booking of the season today so misses Accrington, bookings have been reset now so anyone else has to get to ten bookings before getting a suspension
  • Players not good enough and manager starting to look like he hasn’t got a clue.  

The 6 game winning run masked just how toilet we really are.  Even the players that some might think are good enough to get us out of this division aren’t up to it. 

So many things wrong and I’m not sure the current players and management are good enough to find an answer.  

Real test for TS now.  He’ll be put in a tough situation if the team keep churning out performances as bad as this.  

New year, no new hope.  Wake me up in 2022 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    Some real perspective needed here. We are on a bad run certainly and we have to halt that but we are in sixth position. That’s a playoff place. Time for LB to earn his corn and change things around and for the better. I think he’ll do both. When the going gets tough and all that. Not many tougher than Lee Bowyer. 
    Maybe we are playing our usual standard and we actually had an unusually fantastic run that got us on top 6 
    Yes- have people really forgotten that we started last season very well before capitulating? Injuries undoubtedly play a part, but we can't base a whole season off the first few games.
  • edited January 2021
    stonemuse said:
    Astonished that the majority of Charlton Life seem to want Bowyer out ... fortunately it would appear that Thomas does not agree with you. 
    Respect your opinion, but to make that comment surely requires an explanation why you think it?. What has bowyer done so well not to be judged on recent decisions and results. Completely forgetting sentiment in your answer.
  • Only bonus is we cant go and watch that shite in person 
  • stonemuse said:
    How the hell do you work that out????
    Be interested to see a poll on here of those who do want Bowyer gone
  • Valley11 said:
    We’re heading for mid table 
    The fact Oxford are now four points behind us shows how shite this division is

Is why we need to avoid making any rash decisions!!

• I suppose people wont care too much but might have gone under the radar during the Match Thread (might have missed it)

Noticed though that Gilbey got his fifth booking of the season today so misses Accrington, bookings have been reset now so anyone else has to get to ten bookings before getting a suspension
    Thanks mate. I’d missed that. Glad to see the reset now. 
  • paulfox said:
    stonemuse said:
    Respect your opinion, but to make that comment surely requires an explanation why you think it?. What has bowyer done so well not to judged on recent decisions and results. Completely forgetting sentiment in your answer.
    We’re in 6th place. 
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:
    I would respectfully suggest to you that if you think TS is going to put £10 million pounds into this club and then sit idly by and watch this crap week after week you really don't know how multi-millionaire business owners conduct their affairs.
    None of us know exactly how Sandgaard is going to take this... He's never been involved in Sport before, not to mention he's already saiid he's been patient with his business so far
  • Talal said:
    stonemuse said:
    I think the majority of Charlton Life want Bowyer to play players in the correct positions. 
    It’s amazing how all the Curbs revisionists completely forget the days he played right backs at left back, wide midfielders on the wrong wings, centre defenders as centre forwards, strikers out wide, four narrow central midfielders across the midfield with no width. 
    Grass is always greener on the other side
  • Oggy Red said:
    Bowyer and his square peg obsession is a real strange one. Unfortunately it seems the players are as much bewildered by it as we are. 
    For several games now, I've been making the point that the players don't look happy.

They seem as confused and bewildered as we are.

And if the original rose tinted can see it then we know we’re in trouble 
  • shine166 said:
    Only bonus is we cant go and watch that shite in person 
    I dunno. I wonder if maybe a few thousand irate punters bellowing at him to play players in their proper positions might help. 😉
  • stonemuse said:
    Oh do they?
    Sure, some more than usual and deserved criticism but not many saying they want him out.
    Once again we are cursed with long term injuries to key players and I think most reasonable fans will take that into account.
    Having said that, the absence of Maddison today has me totally baffled.
    I am still not sure if he could have been brought on as well as Williams......there was a comment made on the commentary that he could have been, something to do with Bogle’s substitution being done during half time?
    Anyone got any info on that?
  • Thomas Sandgaard liking some interesting tweets...
  • Let's look at where we are.

Does LB improve the players?
    Does his approach to the games increase our chances of success?
    Do his tactics work?

I'm not sure that, on balance, we can answer positively to the above.

If I was TS, I would be wondering if there is any point getting more players in if LB is going to play them out of position, thereby ensuring they can't play to their maximum potential, meaning poor displays, poor results and the subsequent destruction of their confidence.

LB's judgement appears to be very poor, to say the least.  Does TS still trust him to take us to where we want to go?

We shall find out sooner, rather than later, I think.