Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Thread: Hull City v Charlton | Sat 02 Jan 2021

Comments

• I'm not blaming Gilbey for today, just seen less of him than many of you - has Gilbey had any good games for us? I never see him making tackles or passes so don't get his role.
  • That was awful, following on from awful, following on from average or awful. I fear for Bowyer as if all we can muster is two signings this window, added to this group, I reckon we are mid-table at best. 

Nobody is really showing what they are capable of. They are just less than the sum of its parts. Bowyer is not getting enough from this group of players. Could another manager do better, maybe not but mediocre is not in Thomas plans. 

No wins from the next 3-4 games will see Thomas making a change, mark my words. Sort it out Lee I want you to reach Curbs status!!
  • That must be the worst performance that I've seen under Bowyer. After one good half against Wimbledon we've got worse every game. And up to that half wasn't a lot better. Why did we play well in that half? Better shape and an attacking line-up.

The lineup was wrong, the shape was poor, players were out of position again. The only part of the game when we looked decent were the first 15 minutes of the second half with the shape change and players in more natural positions. Then Pratley stupidly gets sent off and that was that.

Piss poor today, and that's being generous.
  • Bowyer will have to go soon. I don't like the idea but I don't see any other way forward.

It's impossible to imagine Sangaard spending money on decent players if they are going to be organised like that.
    Precisely.
  • Bowyer out, Curbs in please Thomas.
  • Joe Piggot, Schwartz and pacy CH please......get Bogle out....Morgan needs to go on loan and get Maddison on the pitch 
  • Talal said:
    Possibly reading too much into this but Gunter was very quick to walk off past Bowyer, head down. Seemed like he was more pissed off than with just the result. 
    Yes very noticeable I thought a complete blank
  • Sponsored links:

• I've never had an issue with bowyer but I'm going to start the fire here

Time for a change. I don't know who we bring it but the past two months we've been really poor AFC aside.

I don't think he's entirely got the dressing room either.
    We were really poor against Wimbledon in the first half and only came to life in second after putting on our best players
  • Didn't watch the second half but can imagine how bad it was based in the comments, 

I can forgive an experimental lineup/formation if the players look like they have been coached in what they should be doing and put the expected effort in, our players look like they don't have a clue what's being asked of them.

We have enough senior players that surely one of them would turn around and say to Bowyer or Jackson it's not working and play us in our natural positions.
  • Curbs talking sense is shining a light on Bowyer's muddled thinking. 
    Im glad i paid the £10,not for the steaming pile of turd on the pitch but to listen to Curbs. Love hearing his thoughts and knowledge of the game.
  • I was about to buy the live stream when I saw the team
    Same. As soon as I saw it, I knew we would lose. 
  • That was awful, following on from awful, following on from average or awful. I fear for Bowyer as if all we can muster is two signings this window, added to this group, I reckon we are mid-table at best. 

Nobody is really showing what they are capable of. They are just less than the sum of its parts. Bowyer is not getting enough from this group of players. Could another manager do better, maybe not but mediocre is not in Thomas plans. 

No wins from the next 3-4 games will see Thomas making a change, mark my words. Sort it out Lee I want you to reach Curbs status!!
    I do wonder whether this season will be much alike
    go Powell’s first half season in charge.

New manager in jan,pick up a decent striker in jan (yes, I’m linking Schwartz to BWP) and rebuild properly in the summer! 

Not at all what we want or need, but it may be necessary 
  • Bowyer now on the stream
  • Bowyer on VP now:

”disappointed. We had a lot of possession. Didn’t create enough.”
    ”we carried too many players today. Can’t do that against a good side like Hull.”
    ”we knew there weaknesses but didn’t do enough.”
    ”Pratley sent off, and that was game over”.
    ”We didn’t have that something that drops your way. All you can do is keep working.”

• Oh my god...Bowyer take some fuckin blame will ya man...
  • Bowyer being interviewed now. 

unfortunately Minto daren't ask the questions we would all like an answer to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why has Maddison, who has frankly, looked like the only player going to make something happen alongside Aneke - played about 30 minutes the last 3 games 
    Tattoos and odd coloured boots I reckon. 
  • Did I hear him say we were the better side? Fucking hell. 
  • So is J Block's source back to being believed?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    So is J Block's source back to being believed?
    It is until we win the next game
  • Dazzler21 said:
    So is J Block's source back to being believed?
    What had he said?