Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Thread: Hull City v Charlton | Sat 02 Jan 2021

Comments

• Only question which Mr Sandgaard need to ask is how are we going to start keeping clean sheets again. We’ve conceded two goals in last 4 games. Never going to build a promotion side when we are giving away sloppy goals every week. 

Decision time is coming up shortly as if this form continues into January we won’t be around the top 6 when our better players come back from injury.
  • I've never had an issue with bowyer but I'm going to start the fire here

Time for a change. I don't know who we bring it but the past two months we've been really poor AFC aside.

I don't think he's entirely got the dressing room either.
  • Well.... after the last 12 or so matches we can't all be wrong that something is very off at present. 

I want LB to succeed but I genuinely think he's gone as far as he can take us.

Of course many will say 'who will we replace him with'?

I dont know is the answer.... but even the most optimistic fan cannot fail to see formations/tactics are not working. 

This is what I feared happening back in the summer when he decided to stay that we would turn on a hero and that he'd leave under a cloud. 

Simply put the criticism he's facing is on him and he's not done anything to help himself. 

I do wonder though if Thomas will sack him... That is a very tough call.... 

• Blucher said:

That is the sort of team selection and performance that gets managers the sack. Starting with four players out of position was not a smart play and Bowyer’s predilection for playing one-paced, one-dimensional midfielders was only ever realistically going to have one outcome.

We were a shambles at the back and slow and predictable in midfield. As well as omitting one of our few flair players, Maddison, Bowyer compounded matters by taking off Albie Morgan, who was, in my view, probably our best performer on the day.

We created next to nothing and poor old Bogle turned in one of the worst 45 minutes I’ve ever seen from a professional footballer. Josh Davison could certainly not do worse.

Pratley’s red card put the tin hat on a dismal afternoon and we gave Hull - who had lost 3 games on the bounce and were forced into 5 changes following a Covid outbreak - probably their most comfortable afternoon of the season. A truly atrocious performance.

There are certainly very real questions about Lee Bowyer’s position. His stubbornness is leading him down a rabbit hole and he is demonstrably not getting the best out of this group of players.

THIS THIS THIS THIS
  • I am sorry because I don't like saying it.  He has got to go now. 

He has lost the plot, and by the looks of it the confidence and belief of the players. 

He was a breath of fresh air 3 years ago, but the last year has taken its toll.  I said before he is still playing last season.  He can't just shrug his shoulder s and say "it is what it is" any more.

Could someone else get more out of this group of players?  I would almost go as far to say it would be an achievement to get any less. 
  • Sometimes words are just not enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hard to see where the goals will come from any more
  • Shit Performance 
    Shit REF to both teams 
    with our two best defenders this season out and no striker this team are lucky to still be top 6 ?
    we need a good January window and or our Glass
    players back from injury.
    why did Maddison not play today ???????
    Over to you THOMAS because it you want promotion today’s team will be lucky to be bottom 
    6 let alone top 6.
    WHY do our best players get injured so easily  ?

All in all a shit day for the addicts fans.👎👎👎

• What's the difference in someone barging into someones back than kicking out gently... Pratley stupid for reacting... But it was soft... Should have held it in and just got a good late tackle in on him as a revenge. Dirty tactics from Hull... Poor all round from us though. 
  • Making loan and permanent players worse. Nobody can hide behind an embargo/bunch of crooks now. This is all too sobering.
  • AndyG said:
    Only 1 person that should be taking the blame for that performance today. I dont even think I want to hear the post match comments from LB as all he will say is that we controlled the game but just didnt create enough. The sending off cost us and the ref made bad decisions. Lee you picked the side. You put players out of position. You set the formation. Whoever is asking the questions rather than just letting him spout off the woe is me excuses ask the bloke why on earth he picked that side ? 
    I'm a big fan of Lee and respect how he has been loyal to us but he really needs to step up and grow a pair
    That has been the narrative for two long sadly. It has become clear that he isn't going to change. Only one thing Thomas can do if he wants a shot at promotion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bowyer will have to go soon. I don't like the idea but I don't see any other way forward.

It's impossible to imagine Sangaard spending money on decent players if they are going to be organised like that.
  • My question to Lee Bowyer after using the same set up and tactics as against Plymouth:

• edited January 2021
    Fuming after that. Fed up of looking forward to it all week for us to look like a bloody pub side. We should be better, salary cap or not. He can't leave our most influential players on the bench week in week out then bring them on in the 70th minute and expect them to win the game for us. Shows the standard of the division that we remain in the top 6 with our recent performances. Expected so much more from some of the players as well. The next few weeks are pivotal for bowyer, he needs to sign some players that can make a real difference. At least it can't get much worse. Let's hope something changes before Friday. 
  • This doesn’t hurt as much as Burton, Swindon, MKD as Hull will be sniffing around autos but bloody hell that was awful
  • edited January 2021
    Dreadful. A bit more faith in Bowyer lost (still behind him though, although he is on on a slippery slide)The way we lined up was laughable - just players in there proper positions ffs. No goal threat whatsoever, I’d rather play a kid up front than Bogle. Everything about today was woeful. Not a single positive to be taken. 

Losing 1-0 and your most senior player is sent off for....dissent.  Absolute joke. 
  • We'd have been joint second today had we won.  Bowyer could be doing a lot worse.