Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Thread: Hull City v Charlton | Sat 02 Jan 2021

Comments

• "Deji will have his chance on Friday"
  • Deji will get his chance next game apparently
  • “Shape” pleeeeaaassseeee...!!😂😂😂🤣🤣
  • Who takes the blame if Oshilaja fucks up?

I wonder if any fans will ever put their hand up and admit they're wrong if he costs us... HAHA!!
  • Some real perspective needed here. We are on a bad run certainly and we have to halt that but we are in sixth position. That’s a playoff place. Time for LB to earn his corn and change things around and for the better. I think he’ll do both. When the going gets tough and all that. Not many tougher than Lee Bowyer. 
    Or sack Bowyer, bring in another manager.  He has a s*** 10 games then he gets the sack due to fan pressure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    RedPanda said:
    I'm not blaming Gilbey for today, just seen less of him than many of you - has Gilbey had any good games for us? I never see him making tackles or passes so don't get his role.
    Start of the season pre injury he was decent enough.
    He got a 5 in the stat bank for his 2nd game...... That was before his injury. 
  • Good to hear we will be doing exactly the same things for the Accrington game...
  • When you are playing in a position you are not comfortable in, it is inevitable that you take too many touches when you receive the ball.
    This is basic stuff
  • edited January 2021
    We need to sign pace and creativity this Jan and someone that can score goals. Today’s performance lacked all those things! I never understand the thought process of playing players out of position, Matthews is a good right back don’t play at bloody left back. Turgid, flat, slow and crap-all accurate descriptions of today’s performance.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    cafc4life said:
    Another nonsense setup from bowyer matched by a pathetic performance. About time some serious questions were asked. 3 players out of position , front two couldn’t hit a barn door. Ridiculous. This side is miles off the team that went up 2 years ago and as it stands this season will fizzle out to nothing unless there are some big changes.

playing people in their correct position would be a start 
    Eddie Firmani was sacked after playing Mike Kenning at Left Back, what  would Glikstein do with Bowyer ?
  • Who takes the blame if Oshilaja fucks up?

I wonder if any fans will ever put their hand up and admit they're wrong if he costs us... HAHA!!
    If he's playing in his natural position then Oshilaja, if Bowyer is going to call him good cover in defensive positions then it's not unreasonable for fans to expect him to be playing when we need defensive cover
  • edited January 2021
    Who takes the blame if Oshilaja fucks up?

Lee Bowyer should take the blame if he costs us. What confidence is Deji going to have after being left on the bench behind a lifelong centre-mid. 

And I am no Deji fan. I remember very well CL's 'resident tactics expert' going mental at me for daring to say both Deji and Pearce weren't good enough to get us promoted. Apparently he thought they were both more than good enough. I stand by the judgment that they aren't and this season is proving me right, but f--- me, I'd still play them over a midfielder.
  • Well at least Maddison's got plenty of rest before the next game, which is the main thing.
  • 2 wins out of 10 now and the majority of them results are due to Bowyers poor team selection/tactics and decision making.

I'll say it now as things are Bowyer is not going to get us promoted be it this season or next 
  • edited January 2021
    this is how its going to play out - bowyer will bring in some reinforcements but he will continue to play negative rubbish, we will just miss out on the play offs - bowyer will then hopefully be released in the summer(with the fans and players relieved) and a proper manager will tweak the squad and we will go up as champions - this will happen because TS will not want to upset fans and the applecart generally now but if he acts now, there is a chance we could avoid wasting a year - those defending bowyer are simply wasting time and TS's money
  • We were shit 
    but we have had no decent defence with two best defenders missing for 6 games.
    we had no proper striker today 
    mans why was Marcus Maddison not on the field ?
    both teams had a shit REF today.
    no excuses, todays team will never get promotion 
    so Thomas in you want promotion let’s have a good
    January window, and get our best players fit and back.
    a shit day at the office for the Addicks 👎👎👎
  •                        Amos
    Matthews    Pearce   Deji    Maatsen
                            Watson
           Morgan                      JFC      
                     Maddison         Williams
                         Washington

Set up with that or something like it and I think the outcome would have been different.                                
    The point is even that group aren’t very good! 
    Watson and Pratley out though should improve things.