Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Thread: Hull City v Charlton | Sat 02 Jan 2021

Comments

• Bowyer on VP continued:

“1-0 you’ve always got a change, Pratley has let us down”
    ”Both goals they hit us on the break.”
    ”Disappointing we’ve lost Pratley for 3 games”
    “We’ve only got Oshilaja left, so he’ll get his chance now”
     Fuck off Bowyer. 

They hit us on the break? That's like the number one way to score. Higher possession is pointless when we're not winning.
  •                        Amos
    Matthews    Pearce   Deji    Maatsen
                            Watson
           Morgan                      JFC      
                     Maddison         Williams
                         Washington

Set up with that or something like it and I think the outcome would have been different.                                
    The point is even that group aren’t very good! 
    Watson and Pratley out though should improve things. 
  • edited January 2021
    2 wins out of 10 now and the majority of them results are due to Bowyers poor team selection/tactics and decision making.

I'll say it now as things are Bowyer is not going to get us promoted be it this season or next 
    Huge injuries to our permanent defence a big reason, you can’t say majority recent games is due to poor selection and tactics. A defence that knows each other is worth gold in this division. 
  • Our players are better than their recent performances.  10 points from 9 games.  It is pathetic.  

With Pratley suspended we at least now have the chance to play a back 4 all in their correct positions but I suspect we won't.  

Just an awful performance, no tactics, no plan, no confidence.

• If your reading this TS, we are not playing good attacking football, in fact it’s piss poor. Please either tell LB to sort it out or please replace him.

Over to you.
  • shine166 said:
    2-0 9/1, that's tonight's food paid for 
    I was hoping for a 3rd at the end as that was my prediction in the preview thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think Bow is in trouble,

When asked what he was going to do in midweek to prepare for the Accrington game he replied with "much of the same"
  • Can’t wait for quest tonight!
  • 2 wins out of 10 now and the majority of them results are due to Bowyers poor team selection/tactics and decision making.

I'll say it now as things are Bowyer is not going to get us promoted be it this season or next 
    Huge injuries to our permanent defence a big reason, you can’t say majority recent games is due to poor selection and tactics. A defence that knows each other is worth gold in this division. 
    I 100% agree with this to some extent. We would be looking a lot more solid if we had Innis and Famewo at the back - which would then conversely mean we would look better up the pitch as well.

Indeed I'd go as far to say as if they were both fit, we probably wouldnt see Matthews at left back. 

However, I still don't think we would play good consistent football, and we would still not dominate teams. We never really have under Bowyer - but that does not matter so much when your winning. 
  • stonemuse said:
    Astonished that the majority of Charlton Life seem to want Bowyer out ... fortunately it would appear that Thomas does not agree with you. 
    Yet
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    2 wins out of 10 now and the majority of them results are due to Bowyers poor team selection/tactics and decision making.

Huge injuries to our permanent defence a huge reason, you can’t say majority recent games is due to poor selection and tactics. A defence that knows each other is worth gold in this division. 
    Our 1st choice centre halfs are both out.
    Bowyer's solution to that is to play about 5 players in the wrong position. 
    Keep it simple Lee 
    Right back at right back 
    Left back at left back etc.
    You never know it might work. 

I never had you down as a revolutionary, Blackpool!!
  • Another waste of a tenner! Bogle slower than a 3 legged carthorse, makes Mike Small look a decent player (older Addicks will know what I mean). Bogle and Washington must be the worst 2 strikers we've had for years and I go back to 1960. Did their keeper have one save to make. Smyth kept falling over and no control. Only positive comment I can make is that Matthews played better in the second half in his correct position. Pratley sending off pure stupidity, Hull player putting him away to the linesman. At least without Watson and Pratley we may have a stronger team. Players maybe except Amos and Williams should hang their heads in shame!
  • 2 wins out of 10 now and the majority of them results are due to Bowyers poor team selection/tactics and decision making.

To be honest this is utter Bollocks.
       If our injured players had been fit for the last 6   games we would be top 2 a fact and LB would be still popular amongst the Charlton Sceptical dept.
    my only concern is why do we get so many injuries at critical times? Is our coaching dept missing something.
    over to you Thomas because we need assistance till
    our winning squad returns to it original magnificent 
    form 👍👍👍
  • Dazzler21 said:
    RedPanda said:
    I'm not blaming Gilbey for today, just seen less of him than many of you - has Gilbey had any good games for us? I never see him making tackles or passes so don't get his role.
    Start of the season pre injury he was decent enough.
    I saw those games and I know others thought he did ok but looked pretty woeful to me. Since the injury, he’s played the same - woeful.
  • Curbs agrees with Bowyer comments. 

Bloody hell some of you ain’t going to like that. 
    He's got to. That is one problem with a club broadcast service. It can''t be too critical. 
    Too true, should get Piers Morgan in to ask the real questions that we want the answers to.
  • stonemuse said:
    Astonished that the majority of Charlton Life seem to want Bowyer out ... fortunately it would appear that Thomas does not agree with you. 
    Is it really astonishing? We could overlook the relegation because of off the pitch circumstances. But the performances lately have been diabolical, the team selections non-sensical, the excuses getting really rather boring. 

Bowyer can criticise the players- but he's the one who signed them. If you keep playing players out of position, why are you surprised when they don't look good? If you don't play Maddison who'd been playing really well, why are you surprised when we look inept going forward? 

Our form is fast approaching that of relegation contenders- we're setting up to draw games over and over, and then Bowyer seems surprised when we do not win them.
  • Pratley let us down,Bowyer struggling to prove he isn't just a mid table div 1 manager,we was dismal today