Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match Thread: Hull City v Charlton | Sat 02 Jan 2021

Comments

• 2 wins out of 10 now and the majority of them results are due to Bowyers poor team selection/tactics and decision making.

I'll say it now as things are Bowyer is not going to get us promoted be it this season or next 
    Huge injuries to our permanent defence a big reason, you can’t say majority recent games is due to poor selection and tactics. A defence that knows each other is worth gold in this division. 
    Read your last sentence again. The 2 players missing in that defence got introduced to each other after the season had started. Its a miracle that they formed a partnership as solid as they did. We are obviously missing them badly but don't let's rewrite history by imagining that they have been a pairing for years & years.
    Where in my post do I state they had “a pairing for years & years”?

I mentioned a defence which knows each other. They got to know each other by being in the same starting 11 game after game. It doesn’t have to be for years. They obviously managed to create a superb partnership quickly. And we are massively missing that. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Some real perspective needed here. We are on a bad run certainly and we have to halt that but we are in sixth position. That’s a playoff place. Time for LB to earn his corn and change things around and for the better. I think he’ll do both. When the going gets tough and all that. Not many tougher than Lee Bowyer. 
    Maybe we are playing our usual standard and we actually had an unusually fantastic run that got us on top 6 
    I did say as much at the time. They were hardly convincing wins & only happened because we scored first in every game. The midfield even then was slow & unadventurous (Doughty being the exception). Without the speedster we have little pace & without MM little creativity. We are going backwards......
  • edited January 2021
    When we went on our run of wins, we could play defensively because the defence was hard to score against and at this level you can always nick a goal. But when the defence is no longer that hard to score against you have to adapt tactically. Unless you are Bowyer.
  • It all needs to go back to basics, playing players in their right position, using a conventional formation that can be trusted for 90 minutes and dropping anything not worth its pay from the squad entirely. Bogle should be moved on, we can do no worse, whatever he has, he has not brought it to this club, Levitt back to Utd, as clearly not a Bowyer type player. Lapslie and Oztumer to also help budget. We need 3-4 signings to play week in week out and make a difference. If not, we will struggle to finish in the top 6. Feels so gloomy when it shouldn’t need to. Best owner in a long while deserves better than this.

• It all needs to go back to basics, playing players in their right position, using a conventional formation that can be trusted for 90 minutes and dropping anything not worth its pay from the squad entirely. Bogle should be moved on, we can do no worse, whatever he has, he has not brought it to this club, Levitt back to Utd, as clearly not a Bowyer type player. Lapslie and Oztumer to also help budget. We need 3-4 signings to play week in week out and make a difference. If not, we will struggle to finish in the top 6. Feels so gloomy when it shouldn’t need to. Best owner in a long while deserves better than this.

Pointless saying what should happen without the obvious regarding Bowyer. Why? Because it won't happen with him in charge. He has lost the plot and the dressing room. He plays mind blowingly baffling tactics that clearly don't work. If it is heading only one way, try to change direction whilst you still have a chance of achieving something.

Somebody like Sandgaard didn't get where he is by allowing failure to just happen. Not when he can do something about it. Every game he fails to act makes achieving something this season harder. We have a squad strong enough for promotion and it will probably get stronger after this window. Sadly the manager has lost the plot for a while now. 
  • Could somebody do a poll? It would be an opportunity for fans to show they are behind Bowyer, or maybe not?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dreadful, almost unbelieveable 'management' lately.

Can't see Bowyer being our manager by the end of the season, honestly don't think TS will stand for this nonsense.
  • Could somebody do a poll? It would be an opportunity for fans to show they are behind Bowyer, or maybe not?
    Get Bert on it! 
  • ct_addick said:
    Just showed Pratley kicking their player.....no excuse for that and should be 2 week wages fine there
    What £10
  • I don't think you can turn it round when you lose the dressing room. Sandgaard might as well act now. Maybe get Curbs as a caretaker in and see how it goes. Or JJ and Euell caretakers with Curbs there to help/advise. See how that goes and take it from there at the end of the season.
  • AndyG said:

Not a happy bunny 
    Well he will probably get a roasting for that on Monday morning and find himself back on the bench on Friday. But you have to admit he has a point 

Bowyer should haul him into the office on Monday and ask the tattooed one why he did this.
    He's basically taking the p*** of Bowyer.
  • He doesn't care because he knows Bowyer has lost the dressing room and will be gone before he is.
  • He doesn't care because he knows Bowyer has lost the dressing room and will be gone before he is.

Have we moved it then?

• Sponsored links:

• AndyG said:

Not a happy bunny 
    Well he will probably get a roasting for that on Monday morning and find himself back on the bench on Friday. But you have to admit he has a point 

Bowyer should haul him into the office on Monday and ask the tattooed one why he did this.
    I mentioned weeks ago that Bowyer might well regret having signed Maddison .. I suspect that he (Maddy) needs careful managing and Bowyer is not that careful with him .. guesswork of course
  • AndyG said:

Not a happy bunny 

I mentioned weeks ago that Bowyer might well regret having signed Maddison .. I suspect that he (Maddy) needs careful managing and Bowyer is not that careful with him .. guesswork of course

The guy seems to be a carbon copy of Tony Watt.

Maddison seems to be a game changer and perhaps should be in the team more.  However.................
  • AndyG said:

Not a happy bunny 

Actually don't think he is taking the piss out of Bowyer. He seems to be referring to the number of times he sat on the bench for Hull.
  • I don’t want Bowyer gone but we’ve been totally outplayed by a few sides lately and he still won’t admit it. That worries me greatly. How are we meant to improve as a side if the manager cannot see how poor we’ve been let alone the error of his ways.
    A good question. So why don't you want him to go after asking that question? How are things going to change?
  • mendonca said:
    The last few months have seen the confidence knocked from the following player's due to management:

Osh - "Guess he'll get his chance now Pratley is out," what great confidence.
    Matthews - Playing out of position
    Gunter - One too many games at CB where he has never played there all of his long career
    Maatsen - Excellent prospect. Show's some skill so suddenly moved to new positions from LB to LM and RM
    Purrington - Dropped from squad as didn't listen to gaffer when game on as sub
    Morgan - Start/Sub/Drop
    Williams - Drop/Sub/Drop when on form
    Maddison - Drop now he's fit and the only creator/scorer from midfield
    Bogle - Performances have dropped dramatically and now knows he's likely to be subbed either 30 or 45 mins in

Pratley, Pearce, Watson and Washington seem the only player's given the Senior Pro treatment. 

Something isn't right with all the above is it?
    Agree with this... somethings not right and he’s not been great at managing people!