Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season Ticket Renewal

Comments

• Can I add more fuel to this? I think we all understand the request to try and hold off buying a season ticket but as many have said there are certain reasons why some have already bought one. Many have said your seat will still be there, but you can only gaurentee that until a certain time. Then anyone could have it without that safety net that it was yours for the last 21 years (unlikely I know but a possibility) For me and when I started this thread I moved to north lower which again I could have done later on, but I wanted my seats on the back row. Now I could not gaurentee that there would be any come the time I held off, so needs must and I paid to secure where I wanted to be next season. We all want Roland out, but I still say it's to difficult to police this kind of protest with the season tickets. I'm not saying it wouldn't work or do any damage to Roland, but we can't fight amongst ourselves with who buys now and who holds off. Let's forget next season anyway and concentrate on now and being loud and getting the boys out the bottom 3!

We soon will be out of the bottom three.....via relegation ;)

• cfgs said:

Can I add more fuel to this? I think we all understand the request to try and hold off buying a season ticket but as many have said there are certain reasons why some have already bought one. Many have said your seat will still be there, but you can only gaurentee that until a certain time. Then anyone could have it without that safety net that it was yours for the last 21 years (unlikely I know but a possibility) For me and when I started this thread I moved to north lower which again I could have done later on, but I wanted my seats on the back row. Now I could not gaurentee that there would be any come the time I held off, so needs must and I paid to secure where I wanted to be next season. We all want Roland out, but I still say it's to difficult to police this kind of protest with the season tickets. I'm not saying it wouldn't work or do any damage to Roland, but we can't fight amongst ourselves with who buys now and who holds off. Let's forget next season anyway and concentrate on now and being loud and getting the boys out the bottom 3!

cfgs said:

Can I add more fuel to this? I think we all understand the request to try and hold off buying a season ticket but as many have said there are certain reasons why some have already bought one. Many have said your seat will still be there, but you can only gaurentee that until a certain time. Then anyone could have it without that safety net that it was yours for the last 21 years (unlikely I know but a possibility) For me and when I started this thread I moved to north lower which again I could have done later on, but I wanted my seats on the back row. Now I could not gaurentee that there would be any come the time I held off, so needs must and I paid to secure where I wanted to be next season. We all want Roland out, but I still say it's to difficult to police this kind of protest with the season tickets. I'm not saying it wouldn't work or do any damage to Roland, but we can't fight amongst ourselves with who buys now and who holds off. Let's forget next season anyway and concentrate on now and being loud and getting the boys out the bottom 3!

cfgs said:

Only until next season!
  • cfgs said:

cfgs said:

cfgs said:

Only until next season!
    Ssshhhh don't spoil it. ;)
  • I don't understand why people think CARD asked supporters not to renew, they asked people to hold off on renewing.

It is likely, particularly on relegation that the early bird offers will be extended in time and possibly in some areas reduced in price.

Before the new season, some people will be in a position where they feel they have to renew either to get their seats, or because they have had a ticket for years.

Some people, like myself, can't get to every home game and have been out of pocket buying season ticket vs buying game by game, I will still buy tickets game by game but inevitably without a season ticket I imagine my attendance will drop off.

Others will choose to boycott in the hope that this increased cash flow reduction applies sufficient more pressure to RD to sell.

Anywhere on this scale is perfectly acceptable and will vary depending on own circumstances.

At a time when the ownership appears under pressure, I support a late renewal policy.

I think what needs to be remembered is that some people have had their seats for many years and do not wish to chance not getting them again next season by renewing late. Also I'm sure financially there are some that like/need to take advantage of the early bird offer.
  • edited March 2016
    Essex_Al said:

I don't understand why people think CARD asked supporters not to renew, they asked people to hold off on renewing.

It is likely, particularly on relegation that the early bird offers will be extended in time and possibly in some areas reduced in price.

Before the new season, some people will be in a position where they feel they have to renew either to get their seats, or because they have had a ticket for years.

Some people, like myself, can't get to every home game and have been out of pocket buying season ticket vs buying game by game, I will still buy tickets game by game but inevitably without a season ticket I imagine my attendance will drop off.

Others will choose to boycott in the hope that this increased cash flow reduction applies sufficient more pressure to RD to sell.

Anywhere on this scale is perfectly acceptable and will vary depending on own circumstances.

At a time when the ownership appears under pressure, I support a late renewal policy.

I think what needs to be remembered is that some people have had their seats for many years and do not wish to chance not getting them again next season by renewing late. Also I'm sure financially there are some that like/need to take advantage of the early bird offer.
    Same seat scenario fair enough Al but financially? The difference of missing the early bird offer is £25 (not in Shorty's case I grant you if he's bought half a dozen) IIRC which is only 50p a week! If a person can't manage their finances for fear of dipping into the season ticket money before August that's a different matter. Each to their own though.
  • For arguement's sake, if nobody renewed a season ticket until July while I appreciate it would deny the club expected income, would RD not simply cover this with his own money and ultimately saddle the club with more debt?

For argument's sake, would it not send a message to The Shareholder about the views of the fans?

Surely, whatever happens, he will keep loading debt on the club for as long as he is with us. I wouldn't be in favour of helping him manage his finances...
  • Support my club through thick and thin, loyal to the core

Essex_Al said:

I don't understand why people think CARD asked supporters not to renew, they asked people to hold off on renewing.

If you want to give your support to these arrogant, piss-taking arseholes who are destroying our great club, please go ahead.
    I'll take the longer term view and do everything in my power to rid our club of these scum.
    Down the line we'll have a club to be proud of again.
  • I'm still very much out, nothing other than a change of ownership will see me return, not bothered about my seat as I'm being slung out of anyone of my choice in the east stand, and I've got around the ground since 1992 (ooo eeer missus).

• Sponsored links:

• I think the early bird offer was extended at least two times last year although I can't remember now until when, at least July though.

Releasing seats to open sale early is a very cynical and typical play from the owners and I agree this blackmail is likely to be more successful, particularly if there is a lot of season ticket take up.

However, I can't see early season ticket buyers moving seats unless it is to north lower. If I had long term seats there is consider early renewal but otherwise no one is going to nick your seat early are they?

Understand though that the risk of it happening at all may cause some people to renew early.
  • I dislike the "scab" insults as much the "that's what real supporters do" sneering. Neither side has the moral high ground or the right to look down at the other although there has been a bit of that over the past few months.

There will never be an 100% boycott for many reasons, all of which are valid to those people. Some don't see an issue at all, others see an issue but see their following the team as more important. I suspect that even some of the most vociferous protesters will still attend next year

Others saying now that they won't renew or enter the ground until they have gone mean it and will stick to it, others don't or will find a justification.

I'm still unsure.

I want my seat and I want to support my team with my son and other family. It's what I do.

But I also don't want to endorse or fund a regime that disregards fans and is damaging my club.

I don't want to let them drive me out, why should I walk away but on the other hand if I stay am I validating them, even if that is passively?

This assumes I don't get banned in the meantime. :-)

That's an interesting last sentence.

The thought had occurred to me that as some of our "higher profile" supporters are making life somewhat "difficult" for our esteemed owners whether Squirrel face (or is it now Daisy) would press the nuclear option button and look to ban them from the ground.

That would, of course, be totally self-defeating but given the idiocy of those running the club who would put it past them doing such a thing?

• However, I can't see early season ticket buyers moving seats unless it is to north lower. If I had long term seats there is consider early renewal but otherwise no one is going to nick your seat early are they?

Understand though that the risk of it happening at all may cause some people to renew early.

This is my dilemma, I have prime seats in the lower North, people around me have friends scattered a bit further afield and I know if i didn't renew they'd snap up my seat.
  • kentred2 said:

Don't forget with each season ticket seat next year comes free a large head size bucket of sand and an "I'm alright Jacques" pin.

See, this is just the divisive crap that does no good.

It doesn't make you look clever, the opposite in fact, it doesn't encourage anyone who isn't renewing and it wont persuade anyone who is renewing to change their mind.

• kentred2 said:

Don't forget with each season ticket seat next year comes free a large head size bucket of sand and an "I'm alright Jacques" pin.

It doesn't make you look clever, the opposite in fact, it doesn't encourage anyone who isn't renewing and it wont persuade anyone who is renewing to change their mind.

I submit to your greater wisdom oh leader
  • if I was a regular season ticket holder in north lower, I would probably renew just before the deadline of potentially losing my seat.

Elsewhere in the ground, I can't see a risk of losing your seat by later renewal.
  • kentred2 said:

But it is mildly amusing.
  • cfgs said:

kentred2 said:

But it is mildly amusing.
    Yeah I had a bit of a chuckle until I realised people might actually read it literally. Then I agreed with Henry.
  • Rob7Lee said:

However, I can't see early season ticket buyers moving seats unless it is to north lower. If I had long term seats there is consider early renewal but otherwise no one is going to nick your seat early are they?

This is my dilemma, I have prime seats in the lower North, people around me have friends scattered a bit further afield and I know if i didn't renew they'd snap up my seat.
    Similar dilemma with my seat in the North Upper block K the small block at the front in the middle, pretty sure most people in that block are season ticket holders barring maybe 1 or 2 as I only moved there at the start of this season and the 3 we got were the only 3 together available.

As much as I think a lot of the North Upper will migrate to the Lower I still think those first five rows especially in the middle will sell. I still intend to renew but not sure I want to take the risk on losing out in one of the season ticket hotspot areas.
  • Sponsored links:

• When do the club release season ticket holders seats to others?
  • Lots of good comments on here and I appreciate the various dilemmas articulated by everyone. There is no guarantee relegation, further demonstrations etc will make them sell, but it does feel like we need to use every potential piece of leverage we can. Not renewing until the last possible moment would appear to be one of several levers. But, each to their own. It is a crying shame that it has come to this in the first place.
  • Lots of good comments on here and I appreciate the various dilemmas articulated by everyone. There is no guarantee relegation, further demonstrations etc will make them sell, but it does feel like we need to use every potential piece of leverage we can. Not renewing until the last possible moment would appear to be one of several levers. But, each to their own. It is a crying shame that it has come to this in the first place.

I agree, this was not a discussion I thought I'd be having when the season started.

The latest renewal, or no renewal, depending on your own circumstances, seems to me the best that can be done for leverage.

If you need to renew, doing so as late as possible will still be noticed as a protest. It will be a big variance through the management accounts.

• Well, I look forward to being quoted by Katrien as one of the '2%' who renewed quickly - now THAT would be funny.
  • edited March 2016
    A poll currently being run on Twitter asking the question if you will purchase a season ticket next season. Just under 250 votes.

18% Yes
    82% No

• It will cut me up not renewing. I have a front row seat among nice people that will no doubt be snapped up and it is a hard habit to break. However: 1) I am behaving as a customer. The product is crap so I'm not buying it until I feel like doing so again. 2). I abhor this regime and my principles will not allow me to give it my money. Maybe cutting off my nose but there are plenty of other things I could be doing. Ask me again on deadline day but, for the moment, I'm out. Doesn't make me a bad person and I do sympathise with those who can't or won't break the habit. Each to their own and that's how it should be. Nor is it a rats leaving a sinking ship thing for me. Much as I will hate league 1, I'll be back when the freaks have gone. I'm not deserting my club. This isn't my club. It will be again.

Total respect from me.
  • I'm torn, £175 is cheap and I already sit there - but then there's the obvious fact that the team and ownership are a bag of shit at the moment... and likely to get worse after the summer fire-sale.

Will at very least hold out until August as whilst I don't necessarily get involved, I appreciate what people are doing with the protests.

As going around 10-12 times next season is unavoidable, a season ticket would be the best anti-Duchatalet option I guess... but can at least try to make him sweat for my money!
  • edited March 2016
    just over £7.50 per game is a bargain though. That and a meal deal all for just over £15.

It sounds like one of those adverts on the TV "for just £30 a month you could support the team and the Regime"

Get the head of comms on it......oh wait....