Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season Ticket Renewal

Comments

• The worry is how many of these fans will return once the regime has gone.

People find other things to do on a Saturday afternoon, I've known many that have fallen by the way side once the ticket is not there
  • Is there a freepost envelope/ reply address?

Roly doesn't do "free"
    So, if not, I wonder would the club pay the postage of any sent back without stamps (and empty)????

I'm sure that Royal Mail would be very pleased.

Roly doesn't do "free"
    So, if not, I wonder would the club pay the postage of any sent back without stamps (and empty)????

In that case there would be more little Royal Mail Cards than completed application forms arriving at the club.
  • edited March 2016

The worry is how many of these fans will return once the regime has gone.

People find other things to do on a Saturday afternoon, I've known many that have fallen by the way side once the ticket is not there

That is why it is so important we get this lot out and fast mate.
  • edited March 2016
    Don't bin them - return them. Or if you don't want to pay postage trhrow them on the pitch at the next home game.

Roly doesn't do "free"

My pack just arrived. No SAE in the pack - probably to avoid Charlton supporters sending the pack back with advice on where to place the application.
  • I didn't get one.
  • Returning mine filled out with words such as "no chance", but without a stamp so they get charged at the other end.
  • My 'Rat Pack' arrived this morning, and whilst I was intrigued to find out what might lie within the four corners of the envelope (or maybe that should be lies), I couldn't bring myself to. It's now sitting in local the post box waiting to head back to the club with a message on the back: RETURN TO SENDER, MORE THAN 40 YEARS A FAN, NEVER RENEWING UNTIL THEY'RE OUT. Sad times, but like many others, feel so strongly about this.
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

Returning mine filled out with words such as "no chance", but without a stamp so they get charged at the other end.

Should have changed the name to Chris Powell or one of the numerous shit signings that have been made.
  • Returned with a very clear message contained within. Happy for Royal Mail to get the price of a stamp to deliver it.
  • It may be better to return with a sensible fictious name and credit card. This will involve them in work of trying to process. Obviously without a stamp.
  • cfgs said:

Returning mine filled out with words such as "no chance", but without a stamp so they get charged at the other end.

Should have changed the name to Chris Powell or one of the numerous shit signings that have been made.
    Will fill it out with reasons why I am not filling it out......transfers and managers etc.
  • Received my pack this morning and was annoyed to find it trading on the slogan 'My only desire'.

We're not RD's 'only desire' are we....just one of his rarely visited 'children'. The shareholder' and his lackey are no more familiar with irony than they are with failure.
  • Return it with something brown and sticky with the following - Seeing as you have served us shit for the last 2 years, have some yourself.
  • #myonlydesire is for Duchatelet to sell up and leave the club as soon as possible. I will then be able to renew my season ticket and watch some football at the Valley at the next season.
  • 1StevieG said:

Return it with something brown and sticky with the following - Seeing as you have served us shit for the last 2 years, have some yourself.

Brown and sticky..........a stick?
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

1StevieG said:

Return it with something brown and sticky with the following - Seeing as you have served us shit for the last 2 years, have some yourself.

Brown and sticky..........a stick?
    A shity stick.
  • Sevensix said:

Received my pack this morning and was annoyed to find it trading on the slogan 'My only desire'.

We're not RD's 'only desire' are we....just one of his rarely visited 'children'. The shareholder' and his lackey are no more familiar with irony than they are with failure.

I think you'll find that it's Dohland's only desire that fans are fooled and keep buying into (literally) the regime....
  • I can't remember last year's, as I renewed online, but in this year's brochure the application isn't refilled with your existing details as it used to be. Must be royal mail's fault again.
  • Simon E said:

I can't remember last year's, as I renewed online, but in this year's brochure the application isn't refilled with your existing details as it used to be. Must be royal mail's fault again.

The club didn't send a form out at all last year unless you asked for one.
  • If the sponsors can pull the plug then so will I.
  • Simon E said:

I can't remember last year's, as I renewed online, but in this year's brochure the application isn't refilled with your existing details as it used to be. Must be royal mail's fault again.

The club didn't send a form out at all last year unless you asked for one.
    That'll explain why I don't recall it. Still royal mail's fault though ;-)
  • The following is the result of my emailing the Trust to get their view on an alternative way of boycotting season tickets and what I will do personally with or without their help. I was going to post this last week but it was suggested that I wait until the Trust gathers the result of another survey regarding member’s intentions.
    However subsequent to some email conversations, I suspect that the Trust may not be fully committed to a total boycott and so I have decided to post the following now so that members have more time to think about it and comment constructively or otherwise…...

There have been many eloquent and moving accounts on this forum from long term supporters who feel that they cannot buy another season ticket or attend the Valley until RD has sold out or undergone an unlikely epiphany and changes his ‘vision’ and management ‘style’.
    I have suggested on CL in the Season Ticket Renewal thread an approach to withhold the purchase of season tickets until the RD situation has changed or become clearer. It is a variation on what the Trust is I understand working on and it would have to involve the Trust in order for it to work.

• On the presumption that we are relegated:

• A list of supporters’ names that have previously or have decided now that they are not going to buy a season ticket is published with their seat details and with a pledge that they will not buy a season ticket at the start of the season.

• That these supporters will review their stance either after 23 games have been played (probably the Boxing Day fixture) or after/during the January window when the direction of the regime can again be evaluated for good or bad.

• That supporters who feel that they cannot do without buying another season ticket are urged not to buy the seat of an abstaining pledged supporter. This is important because given the scenario that the regime has gone or ‘transformed’ it would be more than annoying to find that one’s seat taken by another ‘supporter’. Okay, maybe more confrontational than annoying!

This is obviously a personal suggestion and I am sure that if it has any merit it can be much improved upon by others.

I understand that some of us intend to forgo their season ticket but buy a match day ticket which will disrupt projected early season cash flows. This would cost the supporter more and give RD more money but would also enable that supporter to demonstrate in the ground if they think that this is a good idea (some do not).

Personally I believe that no supporter should attend the Valley until RD has gone or ‘changed’ (albeit unlikely). This is the nub of the problem! For many of us the idea of not being at the Valley on a match day is unthinkable. As many other supporters have written, life can throw many unpleasant and devastating brick bats at us but Charlton and the Valley has always been there for us, a constant in challenging times. Win or lose the Valley can take over our lives, normally for the good but perhaps not now.
    For some this tactic, as part of the larger one for getting rid of RD, will be the most painful if not the most effective, as it certainly is for me. Like many of us I was introduced to the Valley at a young age by my father in the early 1960s….. I was soon completely hooked and got used to the highs and lows (mainly lows) of supporting our great club. I am not good at remembering games dates and figures but have ‘snapshots’ of incidents and players in my head that I again recall when resurrected on CL such as many years ago when I cried myself to sleep when Mike Bailey broke his leg and I though that we would be relegated and more recently when I felt much sadness at the death of Ray Treacy because he was well up there in my favourite players list. But my greatest sadness that I feel keenly when I contemplate not being at the Valley, is the still tangible link I have with my late father when I am there. We did not talk much and this was the only thing that we did together and talked a little about.

My story and feelings are of course not exclusive to many supporters and we all have views and the right to choose whether or not to buy a season ticket. We will all no doubt justify the reason to ourselves and perhaps to others on CL but I urge everyone to ask ourselves ‘is buying a season ticket helping RD to ruin our club’? Am I enjoying watching the team as I used to? Does the result of the game matter as much as it used to? Do I look forward to going to the Valley as much as I used to? Is the owner and his sniggering representative taking me for a fool or just plain ‘weird’? Could I find better alternative ways of spending my time with my family and friends? Am I undermining the actions of other ‘short’ or long term supporters who have sacrificed their attendances?

I understand that those of us of longer standing may feel that a boycott of tickets for an interminable period may represent a large share of our remaining ‘opportunities’ (let’s say) to attend the Valley and even those amongst us whom not attending could have a serious effect on their health.

This is so painful and we know it’s all due to one man……

Thanks for reading.

• Desperate, a very good post. However, your plan is of course a non starter, as it is unworkable.

You seem to assume that every single Charlton supporter wishing to buy a S/T will be aware of your/the plan and not buy "someone else's" seat. How could this possibly work ?
  • The worry is how many of these fans will return once the regime has gone.

Personally, if they sold up on the Tuesday evening I would be on the phone Wednesday morning ordering a season ticket.
  • Agree with CE about how practical an idea it is. I can't really see there being too many new buyers in any case outside the lower nth.

What might work from the list of boycotted seats is to turn them black and white.

A slip cover for each now empty seat to shown where there once was a customer.

Not sure how realistic that is and it would have to be done non-boycotters but a visual reminder of who's missing.