Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season Ticket Renewal

Comments

• I think CARD should do a little reminder of there call to defer season ticket renewals. What with everything's that's gone in, I'd imagine people may have either missed or forgot about it.
  • Eh? No sense in that statement

there wasn't meant to be any. they call it philosophy and as you can see I'm pretty new to it.
  • @WhenIwasLittleBoy Sorry - I screwed up my previous reply and edited too many blockquotes out - anyway, my reply should read:

I think you've highlighted, albeit unintentioally, the real essence of the problem. It doesn't matter, and I don't think most people on this forum care, what league we're in or what the attendances are, as long as it stays Charlton Athletic and there's a minimum of respect for the fans, and a minimum of input by the fans into the runing of the club.

Sure, ultimately everyone wants success and to be in the PL, but for now it's not a realistic option. It's one thing to have no money and a poor team that try, but it's another to be relatively cash rich and spend the money on sub-standard European rejects who have no commitment to the club.

Yes, I take your point - you'd have to be mad to buy a football club for property development - there are easier ways to make money.

As far as them selling is concerned, I wish I could share your optimism. It seems RD genuinely believes the sun shines out of SF's backside and she can do no wrong. Maybe that'll change when ST sales numbers finally roll onto the profit/loss account, but she'll blame the disruption.

I think it's great that there are games where the supporters are more vocal about getting rid of the owners than getting behind the team. That happened last week - we won 2-0, so it didn't effect the players. Yesterday 800 faithfull went up to Sheffield to support the team, and they lost 3-0. There's no relation between the protests and the performanes on the field.

Like I say, I respect your right to contiue to support the team, and even by not buying programmes/merchanise it's some form of solidarity.

In the end I'd sooner support a crap Charlton side in the National League than an RD Animal Farm XI is suspended animation in the Championship. Look at the teams around us - Rotherham get Warnock in (not my cup of tea necessarily, but...), Bristol sign up Odemwinge, and even Bolton staged a bit of a fightback despite not being paid - ok, their defence looked like it was on Prozaic yesterday, but we do f all - just meander on with the same sub standard players.

Rant over!
  • She won't get the bullet, can't really see her sending in negative reports to the owner. In terms of sub standard players, we have a toxic club at the moment that gets negative press, ask yourself if you was a player would u want to join us in the summer?

The fact that season ticket sales will drop which is innevitable if you go down we will then have to sell players with a value harming the team further more.

There are no winners in this. RD will sell the club with someone taking on the debt which could lead to us being in more trouble.

What saddens me more is that fans can't see this and by not getting ST etc will damage the club. We are operating a loss on annual basis so it's not as if we are a cash cow and it will affect him and his other businesses.
  • TelMc32 said:

Last 3 seasons in Division 3 (that number's coming up a lot again)...

2012 17.402
    2011 15,582
    2010 17,606

The damage done by this motley crew will be clear for even the most myopic next season.

Even if we do stay up I don't think our attendances in the championship next season would be as good as these sadly.
  • For arguement's sake, if nobody renewed a season ticket until July while I appreciate it would deny the club expected income, would RD not simply cover this with his own money and ultimately saddle the club with more debt?
  • Could things be a lot worse?? We ain't in a position that we can't pay the players or anything. Yet!
  • Jesus I need some Prozac. This site should have a health safety warning.

Penny has now dropped why I have left site alone.

It is all about opinions and I support the club, which the team is an integral part of (obviously). But I honestly think this lot will destroy the club if they are allowed to stay and it is up to us to get them to sell by whatever legal means we can. A boycott is one of the most obvious means and for a lot of us, going just validates their ownership.

It isn't easy turning your back on a team that has been a big part of my life for decades, yet for me it is only the only viable option.

Mate you've done well to battle your corner this afternoon, I get it completely that you enjoy your time with your sons, I am in the same situation with my grandson. Unfortunately we are probably the 2% on here but I admire your principles in this matter.

I have no problem with anyone protesting against the regime, the regime have done a god damn awful job with the team and managers etc. What I do object to is being told not to renew my season ticket, it is my choice as of others and whatever, I will be there to support the team I love no matter what!

I personally do not understand how a so called fan can just give up on the team and walk away under the pretence of not lining Roland's pockets. Like I have said on here before, look at Portsmouth and the struggles they have been through in their recent history, the one thing about them is the fans are still there supporting the team!

Just wanted to say you are not alone on here although at times it may seem like it!
  • Sponsored links:

• My only concern is Essex Al as and when RD does sell up I am worried for these people on here what they moan about next... Mind u no doubt it won't be about the team or football as they wont be there .

Let's hope we don't get a cup run or a decent draw..as no one will go.
  • Mate, its 99% certain that we will go down this season, but if by some miracle we're top of L1 by Christmas, they'll all come flooding back under the pretence of 'I'm only buying a ticket on a match by match basis' therefore actually putting more money in Roland's pockets!

Although it probably will be a miracle! :wink:
  • edited March 2016
    I love our fans
  • edited March 2016

I can't guarantee I won't but I have no intention of returning until they have gone. I plan to go to Burnley to show my displeasure but will not enter the ground. Thing is I accept both your views but it seems you refuse to accept mine. Nobody is in the wrong here we all have to do what we feel is right.

WhenIwasLittleBoy said
    Ta la...West Ham are doing deals for their new stadium

Exactly. Funny how you say you have a right to an opinion but don't allow anyone else to have one.....you sound like my wife.
  • Essex_Al said:

Jesus I need some Prozac. This site should have a health safety warning.

Mate you've done well to battle your corner this afternoon, I get it completely that you enjoy your time with your sons, I am in the same situation with my grandson. Unfortunately we are probably the 2% on here but I admire your principles in this matter.

I have no problem with anyone protesting against the regime, the regime have done a god damn awful job with the team and managers etc. What I do object to is being told not to renew my season ticket, it is my choice as of others and whatever, I will be there to support the team I love no matter what!

I personally do not understand how a so called fan can just give up on the team and walk away under the pretence of not lining Roland's pockets. Like I have said on here before, look at Portsmouth and the struggles they have been through in their recent history, the one thing about them is the fans are still there supporting the team!

Just wanted to say you are not alone on here although at times it may seem like it!
    As i said earlier, fair enough. Your choice.

Let's just hope your grandson enjoy watching a Charlton team made up of cheap foreign imports and kids out of the youth team lose to the likes of Bury and Fleetwood next year at a near empty Valley.

Sadly, nearly 50 years after first watching Charlton, my son and I will not be enjoying the wonderful matchday experience you have in store on a regular basis next season and we will be giving up the seats we have held for the last 18 years. Not something we do lightly but unless we can force out Douchbag and co, the club as we know it will not exist in the future for your grandson to support.
  • Walk out on her as well
  • Ta la cfgs....West Ham are doing deals for new season tickets..thank Christ I ain't got to see anymore black and white scarfs

So lots of people accepting your point of view whilst you take the piss out of others viewpoints.
  • edited March 2016

Walk out on her as well

Plum, do you not like a reasoned discussion?
  • Support my club through thick and thin, loyal to the core
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

Essex_Al said:

Mate, its 99% certain that we will go down this season, but if by some miracle we're top of L1 by Christmas, they'll all come flooding back under the pretence of 'I'm only buying a ticket on a match by match basis' therefore actually putting more money in Roland's pockets!

I can't guarantee I won't but I have no intention of returning until they have gone. I plan to go to Burnley to show my displeasure but will not enter the ground. Thing is I accept both your views but it seems you refuse to accept mine. Nobody is in the wrong here we all have to do what we feel is right.
    You're spot on cfgs, nobody is in the wrong, but if anyone on here dares to have a differing opinion to the majority they are generally jumped on which is why I applauded #wheniwasalittleboy for standing his ground.

Its not that I refuse to accept your views, you and many others obviously feel strong enough to boycott, personally I just can't get to grips with this. It is our team and we should be all supporting the team whilst battling the regime no matter what. I do realise that I am certainly in the minority though!
  • edited March 2016

My only concern is Essex Al as and when RD does sell up I am worried for these people on here what they moan about next... Mind u no doubt it won't be about the team or football as they wont be there .

Let's hope we don't get a cup run or a decent draw..as no one will go.

I think it's a little bit more than a moan. The club it's being ripped apart. There won't be a club to support / not support at this rate.
    Essex_Al said:

Mate, its 99% certain that we will go down this season, but if by some miracle we're top of L1 by Christmas, they'll all come flooding back under the pretence of 'I'm only buying a ticket on a match by match basis' therefore actually putting more money in Roland's pockets!

I wouldn't bank on it - The flooding back if we're top.
    As for being top, if would take more than a miracle. I wouldn't bet on us winning that league if there were only 2 teams in it.

As I've said on here numerous times, I respect everybodies view, but I honestly dont think people realise how bad a situation this is. I for one couldn't buy a ticket, watch game and then go home afterwards as if nothing's wrong. But that's my view.

It almost like a bloke knowing his wife is having an affair, yet buries his head in the sand and pretends it's not happening.

We are royally fucked (not me and my Mrs - at least I think not!!) but our team is.
  • Essex_Al said:

cfgs said:

Essex_Al said:

You're spot on cfgs, nobody is in the wrong, but if anyone on here dares to have a differing opinion to the majority they are generally jumped on which is why I applauded #wheniwasalittleboy for standing his ground.

Its not that I refuse to accept your views, you and many others obviously feel strong enough to boycott, personally I just can't get to grips with this. It is our team and we should be all supporting the team whilst battling the regime no matter what. I do realise that I am certainly in the minority though!
    OK you accept mine.
  • She won't get the bullet, can't really see her sending in negative reports to the owner. In terms of sub standard players, we have a toxic club at the moment that gets negative press, ask yourself if you was a player would u want to join us in the summer?

The fact that season ticket sales will drop which is innevitable if you go down we will then have to sell players with a value harming the team further more.

There are no winners in this. RD will sell the club with someone taking on the debt which could lead to us being in more trouble.

What saddens me more is that fans can't see this and by not getting ST etc will damage the club. We are operating a loss on annual basis so it's not as if we are a cash cow and it will affect him and his other businesses.

Roland is doing far more damage than I could ever do. I'm not sticking around to watch it happen.
    He's no good at running football clubs. He needs to realise that and F*** off!
    And then I'll be back.

Roland is doing far more damage than I could ever do. I'm not sticking around to watch it happen.
    He's no good at running football clubs. He needs to realise that and F*** off!
    And then I'll be back.
    So go to all the away games
  • These days aren't as dark as Selhurst Park. Minutes from extinction with the order served on Mark Huyler who was waiting for a shipment of tyres from Nigera before he could pay the bills. East Stand closed. 800 in the Simod Cup.

7 0 defeat at Luton, Burnley and Brighton.

• These days aren't as dark as Selhurst Park. Minutes from extinction with the order served on Mark Huyler who was waiting for a shipment of tyres from Nigera before he could pay the bills. East Stand closed. 800 in the Simod Cup.

7 0 defeat at Luton, Burnley and Brighton.

Desperate times indeed. Hope we're not waiting for tyres this time - they will probably be full of punctures repaired with Duct tape.
  • I don't understand why people think CARD asked supporters not to renew, they asked people to hold off on renewing.

It is likely, particularly on relegation that the early bird offers will be extended in time and possibly in some areas reduced in price.

Before the new season, some people will be in a position where they feel they have to renew either to get their seats, or because they have had a ticket for years.

Some people, like myself, can't get to every home game and have been out of pocket buying season ticket vs buying game by game, I will still buy tickets game by game but inevitably without a season ticket I imagine my attendance will drop off.

Others will choose to boycott in the hope that this increased cash flow reduction applies sufficient more pressure to RD to sell.

Anywhere on this scale is perfectly acceptable and will vary depending on own circumstances.

At a time when the ownership appears under pressure, I support a late renewal policy.
  • Can I add more fuel to this? I think we all understand the request to try and hold off buying a season ticket but as many have said there are certain reasons why some have already bought one. Many have said your seat will still be there, but you can only gaurentee that until a certain time. Then anyone could have it without that safety net that it was yours for the last 21 years (unlikely I know but a possibility) For me and when I started this thread I moved to north lower which again I could have done later on, but I wanted my seats on the back row. Now I could not gaurentee that there would be any come the time I held off, so needs must and I paid to secure where I wanted to be next season. We all want Roland out, but I still say it's to difficult to police this kind of protest with the season tickets. I'm not saying it wouldn't work or do any damage to Roland, but we can't fight amongst ourselves with who buys now and who holds off. Let's forget next season anyway and concentrate on now and being loud and getting the boys out the bottom 3!