Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season Ticket Renewal

Comments

• Dansk_Red said:

Just had this e-mail in response to my request for an ST application form, sent to the new e-mail address.

Dear Mr

Thank you for your email. Season ticket brochures have been posted all season ticket holders and should arrive by early next week.

Regards

Mandy Anderson-Myers

Seems all season ticket holders will be receiving a brochure unlike last year.

Last august they blamed Royal Mail for the season ticket cock up but they are more than willing to trust their services this year.

Make your mind up. If they are incompetent why would you still use them. Or was the excuse last August more billy bull from the football club
  • Think that a lot would renew quickly of those that wanted to move or grab a seat in the Covered End Lower. So other than those waiting until pay day this is the initial "surge", happily it is a disastrous return for the regime. Hopefully it will continue.
  • Rob7Lee said:

A post on twitter says 435 renewals so far, not exactly flying out the door, especially as I suspect a lot are lower north.

435 scabs and counting.....
  • Stone said:

Rob7Lee said:

A post on twitter says 435 renewals so far, not exactly flying out the door, especially as I suspect a lot are lower north.

You've never experienced the real thing, then? Otherwise you wouldn't be so quick to use that emotive insult in this context, which is plain wrong.
  • Stone said:

Rob7Lee said:

So anyone that renews or buys a season is deemed a "scab"?

If that's the case then u can call me and my kids a scab...

• I am still undecided, but to call fellow fans "scabs" is horrible.
  • I am still undecided, but to call fellow fans "scabs" is horrible.

Keyboard warriors. Personally I enjoy the time I get to spend with my kids by going to football, social time with friends, the fact that people want to call me and my kids "scabs" on a forum tells me a lot about them
  • Cant agree with the word 'scabs'. I live in an ex-mining area and 'scab' is an emotive word that affects peoples families.
    Whilst, I'm sure you know, I'm no supporter of RD and his cohorts, and want them to go and go now, I would never call a fellow CAFC fan a scab, can you edit and change the word please?
    Cheers
    RM
  • Personally I would rather invite the person who uses the word "scab" to say it to people's faces
  • Sponsored links:

• It's everyone's personal choice whether they renew or not. Doesn't make them any less of a fan. Same with the regime. You don't have to boycott/protest to be a genuine fan. We should respect everyone's decision but try to convince them of the argument, and you won't do that by insulting them.
  • I am not going to criticise anyone for buying a season ticket, it is up to each individual to make up their own mind.
  • I would doubt if the person that used the word "scab" actually understands how it is used and why it is used.
  • how about turncoats?
  • People should be allowed to choose when they want to renew their tickets where they want to sit people.
    Everyone has a choice in life and if they don't agree with your opinion deal with it.
  • how about turncoats?

They are supporting their team, not decided to support another.
  • how about turncoats?

They are supporting their team, not decided to support another.
    that's depends if we change our name.

erm alright, how about the classic: Traitor? traitor to ones cause. or renegade? though renegade sounds quite cool so maybe not that. we got until next season anyway.
  • People have their reasons for renewing, personally I can't see why you would want to.

But at the end of the day people have a choice and it they choose to renew then they don't deserve to be called a scab.
  • Sponsored links:

• I renewed 2 adults and 1 child last week - relocated to Lower North from Block A, East Stand. I will be attending all Home games next year so, at £160 fwith my VG membership, that's £8.42 per game and means paying £139 less to RD over the 19 games. Is that justifiable enough not to be called a 'scab'? Think about it.
  • @stone, I don't think people disagree with your sentiment, its just the word 'scab' - that is a very harsh and uncalled for word in my opinion.
  • I renewed last week and relocated with my two boys to the lower north from next season. I love the time I get spend with them at football above most other things and had the money available so just paid up whilst I could. THE statement from Roly this week was a kick in the bollocks and would of made me delay but like @meldrew66 said, the club would have made more from me next season regardless
  • I renewed last week and relocated with my two boys to the lower north from next season. I love the time I get spend with them at football above most other things and had the money available so just paid up whilst I could. THE statement from Roly this week was a kick in the bollocks and would of made me delay but like @meldrew66 said, the club would have made more from me next season regardless

Fair enough. As others have said, your choice.

Let's just hope your boys enjoy watching a Charlton team made up of cheap foreign imports and kids out of the youth team lose to the likes of Bury and Fleetwood next year at a near empty Valley.
  • edited March 2016

I renewed last week and relocated with my two boys to the lower north from next season. I love the time I get spend with them at football above most other things and had the money available so just paid up whilst I could. THE statement from Roly this week was a kick in the bollocks and would of made me delay but like @meldrew66 said, the club would have made more from me next season regardless

Fair enough. As others have said, your choice.

Let's just hope your boys enjoy watching a Charlton team made up of cheap foreign imports and kids out of the youth team lose to the likes of Bury and Fleetwood next year at a near empty Valley.
    Ah, but what a match day experience though.

I understand that people love going and enjoy a bit of father and son / Daughter time (for example), used to really enjoy it myself, we just do other things together now which are much more enjoyable and dont result in walking out of the ground pissed off at 4.45. Sure we will go back to it, but just not whilst we're being ruined by Roly and co.

Well said...if dads decide to take their children to games it's what we need as they are the next generation. I know for a fact me and my mates have had some great times at away games with our boys and to watch our sons growing up together and do what we did as mates by going to away games and having a laugh I can't think of anything better.
    Because certain elements don't wish to renew or leave it till July that's your choice just as it is for parents to take their kids to games or go with their mates.

I have supported this club since the early 70s and my son is the forth generation of Charlton fans in my family.

I would watch my team regardless what league and what ground.
  • edited March 2016
    Stone said:

JohnnyH2 said:

meldrew66 said:

I renewed 2 adults and 1 child last week - relocated to Lower North from Block A, East Stand. I will be attending all Home games next year so, at £160 fwith my VG membership, that's £8.42 per game and means paying £139 less to RD over the 19 games. Is that justifiable enough not to be called a 'scab'? Think about it.

No you are not a scab.

BUT

Why give them the money so quickly. It's not like the tickets will sell out so let them sweat for the money
    This is my whole point. I never said don't renew. My previous post clearly states that there is no excuse to renew before July. I appreciate peoples long service awards etc that they are reluctant to give up.
    But renewing so early is against everything the protest campaign is about.
    Some people just don't get it.
    Do you know what a scab is?

I think if anyone doesn't get it is people who make stupid comments as well as budget for the year. July is a month when families go on holiday therefore they may want to free up cash for the holiday rather than buy a season ticket in July just to appease people who feel it is ok to call people "scabs" on a forum

Well said...if dads decide to take their children to games it's what we need as they are the next generation. I know for a fact me and my mates have had some great times at away games with our boys and to watch our sons growing up together and do what we did as mates by going to away games and having a laugh I can't think of anything better.
    Because certain elements don't wish to renew or leave it till July that's your choice just as it is for parents to take their kids to games or go with their mates.

I have supported this club since the early 70s and my son is the forth generation of Charlton fans in my family.

I would watch my team regardless what league and what ground.
    Your last line - it's not about relegation. People like me will not be staying away because we will be in League One. Under different owners I would be renewing even when relegated. I just don't see why anyone would give these horrible pieces of work their money early. The CARD protest is asking for people to *delay* purchasing. You don't have to stay away (but loads of us will).