Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season Ticket Renewal

Comments

• Shorty, genuine non loaded question here just interested to hear your opinion as a supporter of the team (which I think is a noble attitude), were you behind Karal Fraeye when he was manager?

Yes I was
    Cheers fella, it's always good to hear opposing views. In my opinion Karal, at the behest of RD, has singly handily set the club/team back so far it may never recover. To support Karal, a chancer who fortunately found himself in a position he was woefully under experienced for, is utter madness as he should never have been in the job in the first place and is the epitome of the regime and RD's crazy experiment. His appointment was the straw that broke the camels back for me, and in all honesty if you were supportive of him you must be supportive of the regime.
    This thread is about season ticket renewal and this post is so utterly wrong on all sort of levels. Let's keep to the subject.
  • Of course it is and that's what the forum is free to do. Again we have to agree to disagree that I'm supporting the regime. I didn't want arguments and yes I said earlier regrettably probably the wrong time to even ask but it's done now. And it's caused debate and passion and argument. I hope it hasn't caused divide but it does show there is some. At no point was I thinking or expecting the reaction or would not have asked. But Grapevine49 what would you like me to do now? Apologise? Justify? You don't know me but I can assure you I do not support Roland at all. I've bought my season tickets that I'm entitled to do and you are not naive to think I'm the only one of the hundreds who protested. I think this is becoming a bit personal but again something I'm big and ugly enough to know I opened myself up for questioning. My question wasn't even concerning CARD or Roland. I really am not going to justify any more on buying me my dad, my son and daughter their season tickets. I've done it for as long as I can remember and will continue to do so into the future wherever we may be.

You may not feel that you are supporting them morally, but you are helping to finance them. That is supporting them financially and is the last thing the this club needs at the moment. To anyone that's wavering, please hold back. Let's put the pressure on this horrible regime.
  • edited March 2016

Will North lower sell out a £175? Maybe but not quickly and this offer will be around a while.

Early bird prices everywhere else I expect to be available for a while, deadlines extended. Particularly if there is little early take up.

We won't renew because we don't make every home game and economically we are probably better off with pay per play, we may go to less home games as a result. Everyone is in a different position but if you can, I would hold off buying again as long as you feel happy with.

There are about 3,400 seats in the lower north - I'd guess they sold about 500 @£175 last summer. There are maybe about 1,000 STs in there already. This might be more popular, although worse seats than the cheapest ones this season, because some people who like to be behind the goal anyway will trade down from the upper north, but there won't be a mass movement from the other stands. Kids tickets are the same price as elsewhere. Zero chance of selling it out.

• msomerton said:

The down side of of not renewing season tickets is that Roland decides to close the club,.

Firstly, there is no realistic chance of that happening, and secondly, it would prove that all those who doubted his intentions are correct, would be proven right.

• mogodon said:

We should not be critical of those who chose to renew or those who boycott. It's a personal decision and there is no wrong or right. We all want Charlton to succeed and (almost) all want the current regime to go to hell. It's just differences of opinion as to how we get there

Yes we should be critical, and there IS a right and wrong, because otherwise the good work that has been done by many many people to combat the current regime, which is killing our club, you know the club that people attend and take for granted, will be totally undermined.
    I understand that there are selfish people who will renew anyway, despite all the protests, same as the ones stuffing their faces at the club food bars, whilst wearing a B/W scarf, but people shouldn't come on a message board to stir it up because they will get pelters.
  • mogodon said:

We should not be critical of those who chose to renew or those who boycott. It's a personal decision and there is no wrong or right. We all want Charlton to succeed and (almost) all want the current regime to go to hell. It's just differences of opinion as to how we get there

I'm not critical, honest guv.

In an ordinary season at an ordinary football club, fans would be excitedly letting each other know that they were renewing and at an apparently reasonable price, as in the OP.

However, this is not an ordinary season and, under RD, we are not an ordinary football club any more.

For the vast majority of those who have expressed an opinion that they will renew come Hell or high water, the reasoning has largely been, I dislike the regime, but...

And, I think to myself, that's fair enough. We are, after all the addickted, and all of us who can go would find not going a real strain. But I have a general feeling that there is sadness that things have come to this, that so many are thinking hard about their decision.

What probably irked many of those unhappy with this thread is that the OP was completely at odds with the general view of renewal. I'd be hard put to see how someone would think it was a good idea to put forward such a positive pro renewal (and thereby supporting the financial planning of the regime) stance, at such an early stage of the season ticket buying season. I fully expect that many who are considering their position will renew, but the general feeling I get is that a wiser move would have been to wait (because you can still renew, and also hit the regime, albeit temporarily) until later; but, if you're not doing that, I'd make like the Shy Tories in Scotland and lie - seeking to broadcast your decision and, seemingly, seek the approbation of fellow fans, seems slightly counter intuitive on this forum....

I half assumed that the thread was part of a Target 20k campaign, but that's because I'm horribly cynical.
  • Greenie said:

mogodon said:

Yes we should be critical, and there IS a right and wrong, because otherwise the good work that has been done by many many people to combat the current regime, which is killing our club, you know the club that people attend and take for granted, will be totally undermined.
    I understand that there are selfish people who will renew anyway, despite all the protests, same as the ones stuffing their faces at the club food bars, whilst wearing a B/W scarf, but people shouldn't come on a message board to stir it up because they will get pelters.
    So Shorty wants to get all huffy and flag stuff she doesn't agree with, I suppose if she doesn't understand something as simple as the flagging system, then how can we expect her to understand solidarity between fellow supporters, sad really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

mogodon said:

I'm not renewing, my choice, Shorty is and that is his choice. There is no right or wrong, whatever you may think. Who was right and who was wrong when we moved to Selhurst Park and Upton Park? No-one. I went to both Selhurst and Upton Park, having season tickets at both, but am not renewing under RD. Did those who went to Selhurst and Upton Park save the Club by keeping it going or did those who stayed away? Answer, neither and both.
    This is not an easy decision for anyone to take, except those who think RD is doing a grand job. I sit with my brother and his boy and I enjoy doing so (although Golfie does moan a bit sometimes). I will miss that next year but it's a sacrifice I'm prepared to make. If I were Golfie and I were spending quality time with my boy, one he doesn't actually live with, I'd probably renew. It's not as B & W as you'd like to make out Greenie.
    Well put
  • Greenie said:

mogodon said:

I'm not renewing, my choice, Shorty is and that is his choice. There is no right or wrong, whatever you may think. Who was right and who was wrong when we moved to Selhurst Park and Upton Park? No-one. I went to both Selhurst and Upton Park, having season tickets at both, but am not renewing under RD. Did those who went to Selhurst and Upton Park save the Club by keeping it going or did those who stayed away? Answer, neither and both.
    This is not an easy decision for anyone to take, except those who think RD is doing a grand job. I sit with my brother and his boy and I enjoy doing so (although Golfie does moan a bit sometimes). I will miss that next year but it's a sacrifice I'm prepared to make. If I were Golfie and I were spending quality time with my boy, one he doesn't actually live with, I'd probably renew. It's not as B & W as you'd like to make out Greenie.
    Well if you cant see a difference between Selhurst and this owner then theres no point in me responding.
  • Greenie said:

mogodon said:

Speaking of Golfie, where's he been hiding? Is he still spending his Sunday nights in Sidcup? (:
  • msomerton said:

The down side of of not renewing season tickets is that Roland decides to close the club, given no interest in watching Charlton. Then what are we left with. Those that decide to come on a match by match basis are giving money to Roland just as much as those buying season tickets. As you may guess I am in two minds at the moment.

Why would he not take the option of selling it first?
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

mogodon said:

Well if you cant see a difference between Selhurst and this owner then theres no point in me responding.
    of course there is a difference but then, as now, some decided to go to games and some didn't. On which side of the fence were you back then?
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

mogodon said:

of course there is a difference but then, as now, some decided to go to games and some didn't. On which side of the fence were you back then?

So why use it as leverage for you POV?
    I dont see what difference it makes, but went to one season at Shithurst then decided to do mostly away games, until Upton Park.
  • Worth noting that the usual incompetence continues regardless of the boycott or otherwise - I have yet to receive any communication from the club whatsoever regarding season tickets. Good to see that the new marketing manager is fitting in so well.
  • sm said:

Worth noting that the usual incompetence continues regardless of the boycott or otherwise - I have yet to receive any communication from the club whatsoever regarding season tickets. Good to see that the new marketing manager is fitting in so well.

We haven't renewed for the first time in over 20 years - but it is obviously not being flagged by club as we haven't had any sales pitch either despite always being early renewers. Probably we are too old to be of any interest to them. We were fit enough to walk out on 74 on Sunday though and reach the Car Park in plenty time to hear the second goal!
  • It's not as black and white as some make out. Those of you who expect to have years to see them out can afford to say you'll not give another penny until they go, as is your right. I, however, cannot be sure I have years left to wait out their departure. I am undecided as yet, but if I decide I want to see the team I've supported for 46 years while I still can, then I will. Will not be deterred by being virtually called a traitor if I do.
  • Sponsored links:

• How else reckons that they're going to put on a "early bird" extension?
  • I suggest 99% of posters on this board support the team though on occasions, in fact too many occasions of late, the players' performances have sorely tested the patience of a great many.

Buying a season ticket or not buying a season ticket is not a badge of honour. As per the thousands participating in the variety of protests yesterday it is an eminently personal decision.

Unless you have not bothered to read the majority of threads you will know;
    a) this message board is part of, and a supporter of the Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet (CARD)
    b) CARD as part of it protest has asked supporters to refrain from purchasing season tickets at this time.

On what basis would you choose to broadcast your personal decision in such an environment?

In terms of supporting the team then 99% of this message board will be with you every step of the way. However you are perfectly able to support the team by buying your season ticket at a later stage. Indeed you are perfectly able to support the team by not buying a season ticket but tickets on the day. Still further you are perfectly able to support the team by watching them perform away from The Valley.

In essence therefore there is no direct correlation between buying a ticket now and supporting the team.

Such action is however detrimental to the message being sent to the regime. Every season ticket purchased at this stage will be used to diminish the protest campaign, while giving the regime your endorsement of the manner in which they have chosen to operate the club.

If you do not agree with the way the club is being run why would you give them your money today?

Everybody has a perfect right to act in their own personal interests by taking advantage of the pricing differential, securing a seat of their choice amongst friends or family and enjoying the usual benefits of a season ticket but doing so has absolutely no relevance to supporting the team.

For the original poster to proclaim such support in such a manner in this environment is akin, intentional or not, to stirring up the proverbial hornets' nest. Unsurprisingly he got stung!

The Campaign message cannot be clearer, if you are in a position and can afford to do so, please avoid purchasing you season ticket at this time.

Will North lower sell out a £175? Maybe but not quickly and this offer will be around a while.

Early bird prices everywhere else I expect to be available for a while, deadlines extended. Particularly if there is little early take up.

We won't renew because we don't make every home game and economically we are probably better off with pay per play, we may go to less home games as a result. Everyone is in a different position but if you can, I would hold off buying again as long as you feel happy with.

There are about 3,400 seats in the lower north - I'd guess they sold about 500 @£175 last summer. There are maybe about 1,000 STs in there already. This might be more popular, although worse seats than the cheapest ones this season, because some people who like to be behind the goal anyway will trade down from the upper north, but there won't be a mass movement from the other stands. Kids tickets are the same price as elsewhere. Zero chance of selling it out.

More chance than the East and West at £500...
  • edited March 2016
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

mogodon said:

So Shorty wants to get all huffy and flag stuff she doesn't agree with, I suppose if she doesn't understand something as simple as the flagging system, then how can we expect her to understand solidarity between fellow supporters, sad really.
    Sorry luv, I only flagged you because I thought you wanted to get personal. I mean Greenie you say you use to go selhurst (well the away games) and to Upton Park so that makes you a middle aged women? And yet you act like a big kid in the playground on here. I don't actually care for someone's opinion if they can't do it without the need to try and insult the other person. What was it you called people like me? Oh yeah selfish. You don't even know me.

This is totally way off this thread as it was a serious question with no gloat or promoting the regime. So sweetheart after reading many of your threads and comments in the past your not shy to a bit of controversy and banter (I call it banter cause I don't know you and I probably think you don't mean to come across in such a way)

Now let's put our handbags away and stear clear of the personal shit. I hold my hands up. I shouldn't have bought them let alone asked who did on here so it's my mistake. Now that's the end of it. We all have our own opinions and do our own thing. It's a protest that can not be policed by CARD we just have to see what happens.
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

mogodon said:

Sorry luv, I only flagged you because I thought you wanted to get personal. I mean Greenie you say you use to go selhurst (well the away games) and to Upton Park so that makes you a middle aged women? And yet you act like a big kid in the playground on here. I don't actually care for someone's opinion if they can't do it without the need to try and insult the other person. What was it you called people like me? Oh yeah selfish. You don't even know me.

This is totally way off this thread as it was a serious question with no gloat or promoting the regime. So sweetheart after reading many of your threads and comments in the past your not shy to a bit of controversy and banter (I call it banter cause I don't know you and I probably think you don't mean to come across in such a way)

Now let's put our handbags away and stear clear of the personal shit. I hold my hands up. I shouldn't have bought them let alone asked who did on here so it's my mistake. Now that's the end of it. We all have our own opinions and do our own thing. It's a protest that can not be policed by CARD we just have to see what happens.

Just out of curiosity who is going Sheffield and taking advantage of the free travel?? That the club (sorry Roland) is paying for?
    It was curiosity that that stated this thread shorty!! You might open up a new can of worms now (:
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

mogodon said:

Just out of curiosity who is going Sheffield and taking advantage of the free travel?? That the club (sorry Roland) is paying for?
    ......cant argue with that Roland, nice try at a put down as well, shame the idea was done before....
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

mogodon said:

It was curiosity that that stated this thread shorty!! You might open up a new can of worms now (:
    i thought curiosity killed the cat?
  • Very true, I'll take it out but wanted to show that people will take up that offer and everyone has their own views and opinions. I'll take it out
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

mogodon said:

......cant argue with that Roland, nice try at a put down as well, shame the idea was done before....
    Oh Greenie?? I wasn't putting you down but is that not how you addressed me?? You might think Roland's a nice guy but I think he's a c**t!
  • Very true, I'll take it out but wanted to show that people will take up that offer and everyone has their own views and opinions. I'll take it out

Don't take it out shorty, it's a platform for people to spark up debate, everybody is entitled to their opinion, regardless of who agrees with it.

• Would like to say well done to all the people who organised our protests.
    had a season ticket since our return to the valley I have missed a lot
    of games,and will not renew.
    Would it not be a good idea to encourage all our supporters to go to the last
    home game cheer the team and sing goodbye valley goodbye and
    let the morons who run our club how it should be like on a home game.
    I really will miss my Sat treat but not as it is now.