Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season Ticket Renewal

Comments

• I will not renew and will only go to a handful of home games whilst still doing the Saturday aways.

I know that I am cutting my nose to spite my face, but there is a principle involved.

Think this is what I'll be doing, albeit limiting home matches as much as possible. Not sure yet how to explain it to my son who is too young to understand the whole Roland and Katrien fiasco.
  • When do the club release season ticket holders seats to others?

Later in April when the discount is supposed to end, my money is on the offer being extended but all non renewed/purchased seats going on general sale. They'll do this to try & force the issue. If not many have renewed at that point they'll have nothing to lose.

Lack of attendance/ST sales might make the financial fair play interesting....... Doubt they'll be enough cash to field more than a handful of senior players. Maybe Roly will by 10,000 seats himself......
  • I will take the £175 and divide it up for some away games, I used to buy a ST knowing I could only attend half or less due to work and watching my son play. If RD sacks KM and puts in Varney / Curbs or the likes and lets them run it I will gladly purchase.
  • I dislike the "scab" insults as much the "that's what real supporters do" sneering. Neither side has the moral high ground or the right to look down at the other although there has been a bit of that over the past few months.

There will never be an 100% boycott for many reasons, all of which are valid to those people. Some don't see an issue at all, others see an issue but see their following the team as more important. I suspect that even some of the most vociferous protesters will still attend next year

Others saying now that they won't renew or enter the ground until they have gone mean it and will stick to it, others don't or will find a justification.

I'm still unsure.

I want my seat and I want to support my team with my son and other family. It's what I do.

But I also don't want to endorse or fund a regime that disregards fans and is damaging my club.

I don't want to let them drive me out, why should I walk away but on the other hand if I stay am I validating them, even if that is passively?

This assumes I don't get banned in the meantime. :-)

I totally agree with this post, well said HI
  • It would be really helpful if everyone who does renew, does so in the same seats (moving to North Lower excepted). We could then agree that after, say, mid July, transfers to better seats can take place.

For family reasons I will find it very difficult to move seats if I do delay renewing until July BUT I have to do everything I can to stop these people destroying my club. Why can't people see that by denying RD ST income now we are having a significant effect on his cash flow for the summer, traditionally when clubs find it difficult as there is no week-by-week income. Yes, RD is rich but how much of that is readily available as cash ? It will also make financial projections (see FFP rules for L1 & L2) much harder for him to prepare.

Unfortunately, like those that have made a point of renewing before the ink was dry on the new prices, there will always be a few selfish and/or shortsighted individuals who will seek to take advantage of the opportunity to enhance their view of next season's relegation battle.
  • Dansk_Red said:

Just had this e-mail in response to my request for an ST application form, sent to the new e-mail address.

Dear Mr

Thank you for your email. Season ticket brochures have been posted all season ticket holders and should arrive by early next week.

Regards

Mandy Anderson-Myers

Seems all season ticket holders will be receiving a brochure unlike last year.

Has anybody received their ST brochure?
  • I haven't
  • Sponsored links:

• Nope I ain't but then I still haven't got last seasons yet
  • Dansk_Red said:

Dansk_Red said:

Just had this e-mail in response to my request for an ST application form, sent to the new e-mail address.

Dear Mr

Thank you for your email. Season ticket brochures have been posted all season ticket holders and should arrive by early next week.

Regards

Mandy Anderson-Myers

Nope.
  • I'm still unsure.

I want my seat and I want to support my team with my son and other family. It's what I do.

But I also don't want to endorse or fund a regime that disregards fans and is damaging my club.

I don't want to let them drive me out, why should I walk away but on the other hand if I stay am I validating them, even if that is passively?

This is my perspective too ... although I have one further related issue that will impact on the decision.

Really not sure yet ... still time to think about it
  • Dansk_Red said:

Dansk_Red said:

Dear Mr

Regards

Mandy Anderson-Myers

Bloody Royal Mail!
  • Macronate said:

Roland Duchatelet was meant to deliver mine but when he arrived at my front door, he shat on my door step, verbally abused me to within an inch of my life and then blamed me for World poverty. In the end, I had to beat him away with a taped up shoe I found on the drive.

So, just an ordinary day then....
  • My renewal booklet arrived today.

Like a mini magazine.

12 pages plus a tear off form, photos, quotes from ex-players (one of whom, Colin Powell, they sacked)

That's all folks

Like a mini magazine.

12 pages plus a tear off form, photos, quotes from ex-players (one of whom, Colin Powell, they sacked)

That's all folks

Scab!! :smile:

Like a mini magazine.

That's all folks

Scab!! :smile:
    I was just looking at it, honest ; - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Mine also arrived today and went straight into the recycling bin.
  • dickplumb said:

Mine also arrived today and went straight into the recycling bin.

Good work
  • cafctom said:

I'm completely torn.

I've been a season ticket holder with my Dad since the age of 7, in the exact same seats - so that's 21/22 years now.

Its a run I'm very proud of, and before this season could have never imagined that there would be anything but sickness or death that would break that run. One day I'd like to be able to have a kid of my own come with us and sit in the same seats.

My Dad has decided he will not renew whilst these owners are still abusing the club, and I absolutely cannot blame him. Infact, I agree with him for doing it.

Personally, I struggle to tear myself away from going, as I simply don't know how to. Going to Charlton is something I've always done, its who I am and what a lot of people know me for.

All I know is that I am extremely bitter that these owners have ruined something that for decades has been a family tradition. Something which brought me and my Dad close as I was growing up.

I'll never, ever forgive them.

Good post Tom. Not an easy one.

Suggest if Reza signs a new 6 yea contract you renew. If he's doesn't then don't (:
  • Mine arrived today. The application will be returned with a polite request to stick their season ticket until the current regime f*ck's off is replaced.
  • Is there a freepost envelope/ reply address?

Roly doesn't do "free"

Roly doesn't do "free"
    Just would be pretty standard for any business trying to sell stuff for several hundreds of pounds.

Roly doesn't do "free"
    Just would be pretty standard for any business trying to sell stuff for several hundreds of pounds.

There isn't one.