Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

OFFICIAL! Pitch Invasion ANNOUNCEMENT!

Comments

• Crusty54 said:

Entering a pitch at any game is a criminal offence.

Getting arrested and banned from every ground is the likely outcome.

So no football and problems with future employment.

Must have been a nightmare processing this lot down the local nick. Wonder what they're all doing job wise now as well.
    It will result in some arrests of that I have no doubt. A banning order likely. I hope that's not the case but please don't think this is not a very risky strategy for those involved. I wish those of you considering this well.

• cafcfan said:

If people are on the pitch @ 60 mins. Do they need to leave after another 14 mins in order to leave the ground? Or does the 74 min walkout clock stop if play stops?

this is the exact question I came on to ask. presumably timings for any protests are based on the clock on the big screen and this will continue to run during any pitch invasion so potentially there could still be a centre circle full of people when the walkout is due

or do you assume that the clock will be reset if the game is stopped for a while? it's a bit like when the clocks change and you don't know if the nightclub closes at the 1st 2a.m. or the 2nd one

what if the clock isn't reset? it's operated by uni students, not timekeeping officials
  • F-Blocker said:

Whilst I support the idea of a pitch invasion, you all seem to be missing a point. All the "we're gonna cost RD a shed load of cash for extra security" statements are misguided. The cost will be to the club, not Roly - we know he only loans us cash. So all this is going to add to our £38m debt.

Ok, in the grand scheme of things it's not going to be a massive cost, but it's the club that will ultimately pay.

The club has been "paying" since the day the bastards took over!!
  • However this works out there is one certainty:: ROLAND WILL NOT BE AFFECTED AT ALL.
    On the probable/possible side there could be arrests, banning orders, the club penalised including points deductions, fans losing sympathy and support, and giving a real boost to a Middlesborough side in some sort of turmoil themselves.
    Some will say :"so what?" as relegation is assured. Well, it's very likely but not yet absolutely certain, although it might be if this goes ahead.
    Don't get me wrong I would love to see Roland go but it won't be achieved like this
  • KINSELLA7 said:

However this works out there is one certainty:: ROLAND WILL NOT BE AFFECTED AT ALL.
    On the probable/possible side there could be arrests, banning orders, the club penalised including points deductions, fans losing sympathy and support, and giving a real boost to a Middlesborough side in some sort of turmoil themselves.
    Some will say :"so what?" as relegation is assured. Well, it's very likely but not yet absolutely certain, although it might be if this goes ahead.
    Don't get me wrong I would love to see Roland go but it won't be achieved like this

If you think Charlton are going to escape relegation, I take you have not been watching how the team has been playing over the last 5 months. There is a difficult run of games and the other teams are picking up points.

The problem is that with relegation this season, there is a real risk of further decline of the club in league one. The errant muppets owning and running the club have not got a clue how to run a football club or a successful team.
  • Sponsored links:

• I can just see it now, we are leading comfortably 4-0 & the bloody ref abandons the game.

Even if we were (yeah, right) it wouldn't matter. We are relegated. All that matters is adding more pressure to Two Shats to the point where he can stand it no more.
  • KINSELLA7 said:

However this works out there is one certainty:: ROLAND WILL NOT BE AFFECTED AT ALL.

You are so wrong.

Do you honestly believe that we can stay up? We are an absolute shambles on and off the pitch.

What should we do, down tools and let this absolute fucktard ruin our club?

Roland will just walk off in to the sunset will he?

I'm not sure what planet some out our supporters live on.
    We're not mathematically down yet, and while we've been terrible, our last 2 results were a 0-0 draw and a 2-1 win. In a month's time if our fate is mathematically sealed, then people will feel differently
  • IMO....I don't think it will be entirely worth it for the risk takers.

Save it for last game of the season at home.
  • Why Dave, what are the benefits of waiting?
  • A 0-0 in an absolutely must win, a 0-0 where we barely tested the opposition defence, let alone their keeper, a 0-0 where we took off our most dangerous looking player half way through the second half. That wasn't a point gained, it was 2 we couldn't afford dropped
  • Sponsored links:

• We need at least 20 chips!
  • Chaps not chips mate.
  • Chaps not chips mate.

We are on it Fella!
  • cafcfan said:

If people are on the pitch @ 60 mins. Do they need to leave after another 14 mins in order to leave the ground? Or does the 74 min walkout clock stop if play stops?

Is this a serious question?
  • KINSELLA7 said:

You are so wrong.

Do you honestly believe that we can stay up? We are an absolute shambles on and off the pitch.

What should we do, down tools and let this absolute fucktard ruin our club?

Roland will just walk off in to the sunset will he?

I'm not sure what planet some out our supporters live on.
    We're not mathematically down yet, and while we've been terrible, our last 2 results were a 0-0 draw and a 2-1 win. In a month's time if our fate is mathematically sealed, then people will feel differently
    The only way we are staying up is if your kILLER and Flash would be playing at the peak of career,then again knowing them both would be sent off for hitting one another.
  • I don't think a pitch invasion will put pressure on Roland at all, he's never here and Katrien wouldn't be that affected by it imo. Said it a few times, but trying to hit the pocket of a man with €500m to his name doesn't really work
  • edited March 2016
    sam3110 said:

I don't think a pitch invasion will put pressure on Roland at all, he's never here and Katrien wouldn't be that affected by it imo. Said it a few times, but trying to hit the pocket of a man with €500m to his name doesn't really work

How do you think he amassed his fortune? Not by throwing it away, he's not been afraid to tape his shoes up, he uses public transport when he visits SE7 and his residential property is nothing special according to the Belgium 20. All reasonable indicators of a man who treats every euro as a prisoner trust me.

No I disagree, I think he's very frugal and will be hurting when the reality of relegation, the loss of income streams and increased overheads hits him off the financial spreadsheet right between the eyes in the not too distant future. And don't forget, according to Pinnochio he doesn't do failure.
  • A 0-0 in an absolutely must win, a 0-0 where we barely tested the opposition defence, let alone their keeper, a 0-0 where we took off our most dangerous looking player half way through the second half. That wasn't a point gained, it was 2 we couldn't afford dropped

A great summary of Tuesday.

• C_A_F_C said:

sam3110 said:

I don't think a pitch invasion will put pressure on Roland at all, he's never here and Katrien wouldn't be that affected by it imo. Said it a few times, but trying to hit the pocket of a man with €500m to his name doesn't really work

So pitch invasions and protests won't work, boycotting won't work, what do you suggest we do trade in our black and white scarves for white flags?
    No belguim ones