Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

OFFICIAL! Pitch Invasion ANNOUNCEMENT!

Comments

• So where are we all meeting to go onto the pitch ?
  • KINSELLA7 said:

However this works out there is one certainty:: ROLAND WILL NOT BE AFFECTED AT ALL.
    On the probable/possible side there could be arrests, banning orders, the club penalised including points deductions, fans losing sympathy and support, and giving a real boost to a Middlesborough side in some sort of turmoil themselves.
    Some will say :"so what?" as relegation is assured. Well, it's very likely but not yet absolutely certain, although it might be if this goes ahead.
    Don't get me wrong I would love to see Roland go but it won't be achieved like this

You are so wrong.

Do you honestly believe that we can stay up? We are an absolute shambles on and off the pitch.

What should we do, down tools and let this absolute fucktard ruin our club?

Roland will just walk off in to the sunset will he?

I'm not sure what planet some out our supporters live on.
    We're not mathematically down yet, and while we've been terrible, our last 2 results were a 0-0 draw and a 2-1 win. In a month's time if our fate is mathematically sealed, then people will feel differently
    On the back of 6 points from 30 available this year and a defeat to a team in the bottom 4 on league 1 in the cup.
  • sam3110 said:

I don't think a pitch invasion will put pressure on Roland at all, he's never here and Katrien wouldn't be that affected by it imo. Said it a few times, but trying to hit the pocket of a man with €500m to his name doesn't really work

So do you have any positive suggestions then ?
  • sam3110 said:

I don't think a pitch invasion will put pressure on Roland at all, he's never here and Katrien wouldn't be that affected by it imo. Said it a few times, but trying to hit the pocket of a man with €500m to his name doesn't really work

Pulled pork sandwich?

• sam3110 said:

Pulled pork sandwich?

You and your pork pulling!

• edited March 2016

KINSELLA7 said:

However this works out there is one certainty:: ROLAND WILL NOT BE AFFECTED AT ALL.
    On the probable/possible side there could be arrests, banning orders, the club penalised including points deductions, fans losing sympathy and support, and giving a real boost to a Middlesborough side in some sort of turmoil themselves.
    Some will say :"so what?" as relegation is assured. Well, it's very likely but not yet absolutely certain, although it might be if this goes ahead.
    Don't get me wrong I would love to see Roland go but it won't be achieved like this

You are so wrong.

Do you honestly believe that we can stay up? We are an absolute shambles on and off the pitch.

We're not mathematically down yet, and while we've been terrible, our last 2 results were a 0-0 draw and a 2-1 win. In a month's time if our fate is mathematically sealed, then people will feel differently
    So are we saying accept the utter bollocks that were enduring at the moment, and if by some miracle we stay up its all alright? But when we are confirmed as being down then people can have a scream up?

this s the crux of the matter - heads buried in the sand.

Absolutely not a dig at you BTW
  • sam3110 said:

Sam doesn't need to make suggestions. He's happy with things the way they are.
  • sam3110 said:

Do you have to suggest an alternative to be able to voice your opinion that you think something isn't a good idea?
  • KINSELLA7 said:

You are so wrong.

So are we saying accept the utter bollocks that were enduring at the moment, and if by some miracle we stay up its all alright? But when we are confirmed as being down then people can have a scream up?

Just because things are terrible at the moment, it doesn't mean that pitch invasions are a good idea.

It may make people feel better, but will it affect RD? Will it get GOOD publicity for our cause? Or will it make us look like a bunch of yobs?
  • Sponsored links:

• KINSELLA7 said:

You are so wrong.

Just because things are terrible at the moment, it doesn't mean that pitch invasions are a good idea.

It may make people feel better, but will it affect RD? Will it get GOOD publicity for our cause? Or will it make us look like a bunch of yobs?
    Not if it's peaceful, no.
  • When invading the pitch can two or three of you carry the sofa on, raised over your heads. What a fantastic sight that will be. Down with the regime.
    COYR.
  • edited March 2016

KINSELLA7 said:

You are so wrong.

Not yobs no - supporters who care about their club. It's not just a run about on the pitch is it? It's in tandem with other types of protest.

You are going to get of morons who have been on the piss all day and go OTT, that's par for the course.

I actually think too much is being made of the pitch invasion anyway.

• It will be harder for the club to identify and ban you if you are all wearing Pinocchio masks.... ;)
  • C_A_F_C said:

sam3110 said:

So pitch invasions and protests won't work, boycotting won't work, what do you suggest we do trade in our black and white scarves for white flags?
    It wouldn't surprise me if the people attacking fans for standing up to roland are the same ones who did FA when we were at Selhurst. The same people who benefited from the actions of the Valley Party's efforts as they have been able to enjoy the resultant success of a superb ground and occasionally excellent football.

Now it has all gone to shit again, those that care are fighting for all of us who love Charlton. We cannot allow a minority to fight the rat and his unpleasant no nothing CEO. Today is a golden opportunity to ramp up the pressure and show the world that the regime is wrong for Charlton, wrong for football and need to piss off.

We all need to step up to the mark and do our bit if we care about the club, rather than allowing others to do things on our behalf.

If you think Roland is good for the Charlton then quite frankly you need a reality check.
    Absolutely spot on. Today is a golden opportunity being live on Sky. How can people not see this ?
    We had next to no publicity in 85 and not much more between then and 92.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think Sky must be looking forward to an eventful day!!
  • edited March 2016

cafcfan said:

If people are on the pitch @ 60 mins. Do they need to leave after another 14 mins in order to leave the ground? Or does the 74 min walkout clock stop if play stops?

Is this a serious question?
    No. Not at all. I was just idly thinking about the ref permitting only a 15 minute hiatus before abandoning the game, and the pitch invasion being set for 60 minutes. It is possible, presumably, that the match could be called off before we've had the chance to walk out. In which case the walk out would just look like a bit of a damp squib as everyone would be leaving anyway.
  • U

sam3110 said:

Pulled pork sandwich?

You and your pork pulling!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo17GA8Y2SM&client=mv-vf-uk&safesearch=always
  • Suggesting those going on the pitch tomorrow are yobs is to suggest any person protesting strongly against something they don't believe in is a yob. Just because this is football it doesn't mean an angry person is a yob. It can be done peacefully and it is clearly coming from a place of affection. Trying to save something you care about is no bad thing. Absolutely makes sense for people to have very differing views on this but the yob label is unhelpful.

But that's not now the media will portray it, and even if only one person on the pitch approaches a player the headline will be about frightened players etc
  • Suggesting those going on the pitch tomorrow are yobs is to suggest any person protesting strongly against something they don't believe in is a yob. Just because this is football it doesn't mean an angry person is a yob. It can be done peacefully and it is clearly coming from a place of affection. Trying to save something you care about is no bad thing. Absolutely makes sense for people to have very differing views on this but the yob label is unhelpful.

But that's not now the media will portray it, and even if only one person on the pitch approaches a player the headline will be about frightened players etc
    Surely the parallel that needs to be drawn is with Blackpool? That was received well by football fans in general.

The media can twist things, it just means people have to be careful. I know what you're saying, it is a concern but we can't not act for fear of the message being twisted. It's going to be an interesting day whatever happens! See you all there.
  • edited March 2016
    If that abject freak Johnson is playing at the time he'll probably lamp one of us anyway... more bad publicity for the club!