Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

OFFICIAL! Pitch Invasion ANNOUNCEMENT!

Comments

• Just a thought but when we ran on the pitch at Carlisle, albeit after the match ended there were no arrests. The stewards all lined up in our corner and with 10 mins to go our fans were almost on the touchline. If 'numbers' stand ready at 55 minutes onwards the stewards will shit themselves and let everyone on the pitch. No way are jobsworths on £6.50p/h gonna take on hundreds of people with the same aim. It's a protest, they know it's coming, they will make an attempt to stop it but what can they do.

I'm sure there will be announcements threatening beheadings if anyone encroaches onto the playing surface, but who really cares in the heat of the moment. If we're losing 3-0+, which could happen against Boro, we're not Rotherham, I can see thousands on the pitch.

A mass streak could put an interesting slant on rugby tackling stewards :wink:

What happened to the fans at Blackpool that got the game abandoned?
  • edited March 2016
    Why would the league need to make a decision awarding Boro 3 points in the 'worse case scenario' before the season end, especially when it might result in a team being promoted on non footballing grounds. You could just as easily argue that they would order the game to be replayed behind closed doors plus any other punishment they wanted to mete out to Charlton.
  • Worse case scenario is that we are winning and look comfortable (maybe 'Boro have had two players sent off) we invade the pitch and 'Boro are awarded a 3-0 win. Then at the end of the season they finish one point above third place and go up and the team on third fails in the playoffs.

That could mean that our protest distorted the league and a team is denied promotion due to the actions of our fans. I think there is a chance that we'd never be forgiven for that and I've always liked the average fan saying something nice about is.

This thing about the League awarding Boro a 3-0 win seems to have become fact. The actual rules on abandoned matches is in Para 28 of

football-league.co.uk/global/section5.aspx

• DPFC said:

The thing that worries me about this pitch invasion it that it might get hi-jacked.

whats to stop KM & co hiring a couple of thugs to start a fight and then to claim afterwards the mob is typical of the extremist criminal CARD members and her getting all the sympathy ?

This could turn out to be a PR disaster

Maybe because she hasn't got sufficient brain power to think of anything devious?
  • seth plum said:

As well as the sofa, every pitch invader should find a partner, and all lay down along the centre line simulating the sex on the pitch thing. Would make a great photograph.

You can have Paulie.
  • cafcfan said:

DPFC said:

The thing that worries me about this pitch invasion it that it might get hi-jacked.

whats to stop KM & co hiring a couple of thugs to start a fight and then to claim afterwards the mob is typical of the extremist criminal CARD members and her getting all the sympathy ?

Maybe because she hasn't got sufficient brain power to think of anything devious?
    CARD has made it unambiguously clear that it doesn't back illegal actions.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2016
    Entering a pitch at any game is a criminal offence.

Getting arrested and banned from every ground is the likely outcome.

So no football and problems with future employment.
  • Crusty54 said:

well aren't you a ray of sunshine
  • Crusty54 said:

I would say unlikely. Sure it's possible and it's a risk that you have to way up but if there is 100-200 people it's unlikely.
  • If you get 100-200 people to actually do this and on live television, it will beat all protests that have so far been carried out. It will be national news, it will trend on Twitter and it would be a complete and utter humiliation for the board.

I can imagine a lot of coverage will be negative for our cause as well, "yobby supporters letting the club down" etc
  • edited March 2016

If you get 100-200 people to actually do this and on live television, it will beat all protests that have so far been carried out. It will be national news, it will trend on Twitter and it would be a complete and utter humiliation for the board.

I can imagine a lot of coverage will be negative for our cause as well, "yobby supporters letting the club down" etc
    Depends how it's carried out. If it's peaceful and nothing is done to provoke players/away fans then it should be fine.
  • rikofold said:

cafcfan said:

DPFC said:

CARD has made it unambiguously clear that it doesn't back illegal actions.
    Is that the influence of the Trust? I noticed one of CARD's tweets yesterday implied Miere would be better off working with the fans!
  • Crusty54 said:

well aren't you a ray of sunshine
    No. Just another bottle job.
  • If you get 100-200 people to actually do this and on live television, it will beat all protests that have so far been carried out. It will be national news, it will trend on Twitter and it would be a complete and utter humiliation for the board.

Depends how it's carried out. If it's peaceful and nothing is done to provoke players/away fans then it should be fine.
    What will it achieve? The only way to change ownership is to find a buyer. Helping to get us relegated will make that more difficult.

Sorry but merely entering the playing area is the offence.

The CCTV coverage of the stadium means you will be easy to identify.
  • Sponsored links:

• Crusty54 said:

If you get 100-200 people to actually do this and on live television, it will beat all protests that have so far been carried out. It will be national news, it will trend on Twitter and it would be a complete and utter humiliation for the board.

What will it achieve? The only way to change ownership is to find a buyer. Helping to get us relegated will make that more difficult.

Well I don't know any multi millionaires to ring so the best way to get it out there that the club is a mess and a new owner is needed is by publicity.
    And getting relegated may make a new owner more likely, as price will drop and Duchatalet might fuck off.
  • Crusty54 said:

Are you in or out?
  • RedChaser said:

Crusty54 said:

We are all but down and how do you suggest the ownership changes hands If Douchbag is on record as saying he doesn't want to sell Crusty?

He needs more persuasion to go. The best way of doing this is to increase his operating losses which will take time but will hasten with relegation.

Meanwhile I'm sure your intentions in pointing out the possible repercussions of invading the pitch tomorrow are honourable but it's each to their own as to how people wish to get the message across. I'm not advocating law breaking but passions are running high. So as long as it is done en masse and peacefully, live and let live I say.
    Well said.
  • edited March 2016

Crusty54 said:

Are you in or out?
    Depends if we're winning and if the pulled pork sandwiches look alright (:
  • Worse case scenario is that we are winning and look comfortable (maybe 'Boro have had two players sent off) we invade the pitch and 'Boro are awarded a 3-0 win. Then at the end of the season they finish one point above third place and go up and the team on third fails in the playoffs.

That could mean that our protest distorted the league and a team is denied promotion due to the actions of our fans. I think there is a chance that we'd never be forgiven for that and I've always liked the average fan saying something nice about is.

This thing about the League awarding Boro a 3-0 win seems to have become fact. The actual rules on abandoned matches is in Para 28 of

football-league.co.uk/global/section5.aspx

I was led to believe that's what they did when Blackpool played Huddersfield. It matters not. If we are 2-0 up against 9 men with half an hour to go and the match is replayed and Boro win 5-0 it is the same result.

I appreciate that many feel that any and all action and consequences are justified I was just making the point that we could have consequences that are going to remove most of the support that the media and general football fans have for us. If it were reversed and we were denied promotion to the Premier League and it was thirty years before we got there again I suspect we might be a little cheesed off.

But frankly, and this isn't aimed at you Bournemouth, I'm getting fed up of the sniping at fans on here that don't agree completely with someone else. Just because someone says something you don't like doesn't mean they are wrong, and even if they are wrong they don't deserve the abuse that is all to regular on here at the moment.
  • edited March 2016
    seth plum said:

madadd said:

Should proposed pitch invasion happen and the game cannot resume within 15 minutes of stoppage then the game will be abandoned and points automatically awarded to Midds

Where did you get that from? I don't believe it is automatically true in the slightest. For example, if it was 0-0 at the time, or even 1-0 to Charlton (yeah I know) do you think Steve Bruce and Hull are going to happily wave through three points to their promotion rivals?
    The rules will be 'competition' rules i.e. the Championship, not widely thought to be the case general football rules.
    The officials have informed the club if the pitch is not clear for the game to resume within 15 from the stoppage then the game will be abandoned and whatever the score the visiting team Middlesboro will be awarded the 3 points, don't shoot the messenger I am merely repeating what I have heard!!

I am not in any way condoning any pitch invasion each to their own as to how a fan chooses to show their feelings towards the current regime after the season we have endured. Now how anyone uses this information is up to them, I assume if the game can be resumed within the 15 minutes then the final result will be reached from actual play, great news if Charlton are winning :)

• If people are on the pitch @ 60 mins. Do they need to leave after another 14 mins in order to leave the ground? Or does the 74 min walkout clock stop if play stops?
  • Whilst I support the idea of a pitch invasion, you all seem to be missing a point. All the "we're gonna cost RD a shed load of cash for extra security" statements are misguided. The cost will be to the club, not Roly - we know he only loans us cash. So all this is going to add to our £38m debt.

Ok, in the grand scheme of things it's not going to be a massive cost, but it's the club that will ultimately pay.