Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

OFFICIAL! Pitch Invasion ANNOUNCEMENT!

Comments

• edited March 2016
    yes, echo that - all the best for the op.
  • I will be tuning in to watch this with interest. PLEASE, PLEASE, keep this peaceful. Roland will be watching on live feed, as will thousands on Sky. You would hope that Roland and Katrien would tire of these well orchestrated guerilla protests that seem to be able to strike them at will.
    Good luck and look forward to the to coverage.
  • From a marketing point of view its brilliant to announce this. The fear and embarrassment of it actually happening will knock the regime. It's also a cracking diversion for what might be happening elsewhere. Very clever - wasn't planning to come but this changes things now for me. All that hard work by everybody over the years has been washed away and if this is what it takes then so be it. The regime want submission and we cannot allow this. Yes this smacks of things down in Bermondsey but sometimes you have to get your hands a bit dirty.

no, they'd just rant a bit, talk about doing something, not do it then pack up going or take it on the chin as they always have and be happy with 3rd rate crap
  • I offer this only as something for you to factor in, but I'm pretty sure broadcasters all agree to an unofficial 'code' when it comes to anyone entering the field of play.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they just cut away, and broadcast a deep and meaningful picture of the Thames Barrier or somesuch bit of scenery.

That doesn't mean it won't be shown subsequently, of course, and it doesn't mean it won't be described on the radio and written about in the papers. It also doesn't mean you won't achieve all you want to in terms of disruption, financial penalties to the club etc., but prepare for it not to be broadcast live.

Then again, the sheer novelty of a bunch of fans walking calmly and slowly to the centre circle might be too much for them to resist. My bet would be on Sky not being willing to set a precedent and show it. Especially as they'll have had a production meeting to discuss it, now they know it's happening. It would start happening all over the place, and that would muck up their schedules.

Not for the first time around here, though, I do hope I'm wrong...
  • E-cafc said:

I think it's going to difficult to get the cameras to focus on the fans on Sunday as just found out this is Sunday's referee lol

https://www.facebook.com/gold1043/videos/1112486822118124/

Hilarious!
  • 1) I reckon Airmans still got a set of 'access' keys up his sleeve
    2) I'm assuming once roland sells up any bans dished out by the belgiums can be wiped off?
    3) Until they sell, it won't matter coz nobodies going anyway.
  • I have had an uneasy feeling about RD ever since he took over. So two years ago I started to dig a tunnel starting from Sam Bartrams old fish and chip shop. My plan all along has been to pop up on the centre spot on 60 minutes of the last televised match in the 15/16 season and now I read this invasion which is likely to spoil my moment in the spot light.

At least if it all kicks off a few can escape from any rampaging blue jacket stewards by hopping down the tunnel.

Sammy had a Sports shop .
  • Sponsored links:

• drewman said:

iamdan said:

C_A_F_C said:

iamdan said:

See you on the centre circle..

Keep in mind that we're a family club...

Wish that was Katrien..

I'm sorry.
    She's already screwing all of us.
    And we are paying for it.
  • I hope this happens. I won't be going on the pitch as I will have my two kids with me. Perfect excuse because I'm probably not brave enough.

Very best of luck. I'll be clapping my hands off if you manage to get on.

GOOD LUCK ALL INVOLVED.
  • What about if we are winning?

And big Mak is on a hat-trick...
    We then pinch ourselves and wake up?

Or if it is true, count down the minutes for Riga to take off our dangerman ;)
    Don't know about anyone else but I quite like a lie in when I'm dreaming, wake up a bit and then can get back into the dream but having nudged it on a bit.

Don't use this time to think about Charlton much. But if I did, I think the dream would break down after Mak had scored two in a game.
  • Addickted said:

I offer this only as something for you to factor in, but I'm pretty sure broadcasters all agree to an unofficial 'code' when it comes to anyone entering the field of play.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they just cut away, and broadcast a deep and meaningful picture of the Thames Barrier or somesuch bit of scenery.

That doesn't mean it won't be shown subsequently, of course, and it doesn't mean it won't be described on the radio and written about in the papers. It also doesn't mean you won't achieve all you want to in terms of disruption, financial penalties to the club etc., but prepare for it not to be broadcast live.

Then again, the sheer novelty of a bunch of fans walking calmly and slowly to the centre circle might be too much for them to resist. My bet would be on Sky not being willing to set a precedent and show it. Especially as they'll have had a production meeting to discuss it, now they know it's happening. It would start happening all over the place, and that would muck up their schedules.

Sky would never show live footage of a pitch invasion..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTxcaUpULqM

Firstly, that wasn't a live game, but from Soccer Saturday, so the guidelines are going to be different.

Secondly, that's exactly my point. They didn't show it live, they showed a pre-recorded clip. That footage being talked over is recorded, and being shown only once (I would imagine) they know nobody was hurt, they weren't about to broadcast a crime (an assault etc).

Like I say, I hope I'm wrong. But that clip you've just shown, isn't live footage of a pitch invasion, no.
  • I have had an uneasy feeling about RD ever since he took over. So two years ago I started to dig a tunnel starting from Sam Bartrams old fish and chip shop. My plan all along has been to pop up on the centre spot on 60 minutes of the last televised match in the 15/16 season and now I read this invasion which is likely to spoil my moment in the spot light.

At least if it all kicks off a few can escape from any rampaging blue jacket stewards by hopping down the tunnel.

Sammy had a Sports shop .
    What, two years and the wrong bloomin shop. Not going to do it now! What a waste.
  • they show live pitch invasions at the end of every play off semi final second leg ;)

..just kidding, I suspect Mick is right....however footage of it would be all over SSN after the event
  • My bet is nobody invaded the pitch... Itl then be passed off as a bluff to get RD spending money on security
  • edited March 2016

Addickted said:

I offer this only as something for you to factor in, but I'm pretty sure broadcasters all agree to an unofficial 'code' when it comes to anyone entering the field of play.

Sky would never show live footage of a pitch invasion..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTxcaUpULqM

Firstly, that wasn't a live game, but from Soccer Saturday, so the guidelines are going to be different.

Secondly, that's exactly my point. They didn't show it live, they showed a pre-recorded clip. That footage being talked over is recorded, and being shown only once (I would imagine) they know nobody was hurt, they weren't about to broadcast a crime (an assault etc).

Like I say, I hope I'm wrong. But that clip you've just shown, isn't live footage of a pitch invasion, no.
    They joyfully show pitch invasions in play off semis.

They're not always peaceful either, as Alan Smith found out at Huddersfield.
  • Sponsored links:

• they show live pitch invasions at the end of every play off semi final second leg ;)

They do indeed, you're quite right. And, as someone else pointed out, they're not always peaceful. But...

There's clearly a world of difference between an invasion at the end of a game, and one happening after 60 minutes. For more reasons than we need to go into.

All I'm saying, is that a pre-planned, forewarned, co-ordinated pitch invasion, no matter how peaceful it's intended to be, will leave the broadcasters needing to make a pre-match decision, and that will involve the knowledge that what they decide might help set a precedent. And, the knowledge that they can show it time and time again after the event, will lead, I suspect, to them not showing it live at the time.

But, yet again, I hope I'm wrong.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

Banners will be presented etc… and we ask that this PLEASE be a PEACEFUL protest!

May I offer some views on the proposed pitch invasion.

1. Whilst I have actively taken part in all forms of protest to date, including handing out leaflets, stickers etc, I personally do not support this action, but I accept that all supporters have a choice in the matter.

2. To date, the protests arranged/co-ordinated by CARD have been imaginative, different and have achieved the aims of hitting Roland in the pocket and bringing our plight to the attention of the footballing world. The media outpourings have been very supportive of the protest and I believe it is important to keep them "on-side".

3.The main reason why I do not support this action, is the potential end-game scenario. Clearly the more militants of the protest fans (and I don't use the word "Militant" in a negative fashion), will support this form of demonstration. It only needs a few supporters on the pitch to stray beyond the stated intentions - see above - and any good-will gained to date may well be eroded to our detriment. Media coverage of negative acts may well turn some supporters (both general and specific Charlton supporters) against the aims and we will be "badged" as a group of thugs. One also wonders how our actions, if indeed they stray beyond the stated aims and become unlawful, will be viewed by future potential buyers.

4. I would like to be re-assured by C4FC4LIf3, who I have had the pleasure of his company in handing out leaflets, that a plan is in place to "manage" the protest in such a way that the stated aims and objectives are not over-stepped. I doubt that such a "plan" is possible.

5. If however, it is successful, to a point where the game is held up only, and is eventually allowed to reach a proper conclusion, then I will be the first to congratulate such supporting militants.

• Oops, sorry for the "bold" above!
  • Addickted said:

Disagree.

The Club cannot afford the negative publicity of banning non violent protesters with long histories of supporting CAFC.

Some of whom have been season ticket holders before the CEO was born.

Listen up, folks, because Addickted sits on the safety committee.

How the club reacts to any pitch invasion will be determined by how the people involved behave once on the pitch. If people go anywhere near individual players or officials, try to break the goalposts, etc, you can expect the police to take an interest. Otherwise, they will want to manage the incident with the least possible intervention. I am not encouraging anyone to go on the pitch, but if you do behave sensibly.
    But the sofa's fair game, right?
  • edited March 2016
    I don't think a pitch invasion is massively militant and I don't think it harms our reputation or protests as a fan base. Blackpool did it last year and got a match abandoned. I still felt/ feel sympathy with their fans as would most REAL football fans/people. Some broadcasters will give the same old tripe about how it is bad for the game to have a match abandoned, the more enlightened will no point point out that it is far more damaging to the game to have long standing traditional football clubs destroyed by poor ownership and that in some instances "needs must".

All that being said, I won't be joining in as there is clearly a (very slight) risk of arrest and that would be my job gone.
  • Who's driving the mobility scooter?
  • TelMc32 said:

I have had an uneasy feeling about RD ever since he took over. So two years ago I started to dig a tunnel starting from Sam Bartrams old fish and chip shop. My plan all along has been to pop up on the centre spot on 60 minutes of the last televised match in the 15/16 season and now I read this invasion which is likely to spoil my moment in the spot light.

Good job you didn't get your timing wrong and pop up during "that" video!!!

Could have had a severe case of PTSD!! :wink:
    He may not have been the only one who "popped up".......
  • _MrDick said:

I'll be parachuting in from the West Upper ...

Second thoughts ... I'm getting a robin outfit and flying in
  • Not fussed about a ban from Charlton but am concerned about having to hand my passport in when England play and therefore missing the euros this summer.