Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fraeye - How long, what next?

Comments

• what is clear is RD did not fancy Riga after he kept us up so why does he think KF is better than Riga?

He is not and its clear so the only conclusion I can come to is Riga would not do as he was told and Fraeye will. Therefore to me RD is putting his own business plan (selling players at a profit) over the needs for the club to progress which is the main reason I am so disheartened and worried about our future.
  • edited December 2015
    Is it usual to keep an 'interim' manager on a 5 month contract, even when they're doing alright, let alone pony?

Is a caretaker manager the same as a interim manager, or is it a quango for squeezing in a shit person with the hope they have a lucky start and then stay on on less dough?

I always tought they took the helm for a few weeks then got the pump after that, unless you only a month/6 weeks of the season left and they'd stay on till then...

I'll always look our for our results and news etc, but gotta be honest, the English domestic game in general is finished imo
  • _nam11 said:

Difficult thing is, I doubt we will be appealing to the type of manager we all want.

To get the manager we all want means getting the chairman we all want/need.
    Who's the Chairman we all want then? Sheikh Whatshisname?
  • what is clear is RD did not fancy Riga after he kept us up so why does he think KF is better than Riga?

He is not and its clear so the only conclusion I can come to is Riga would not do as he was told and Fraeye will. Therefore to me RD is putting his own business plan (selling players at a profit) over the needs for the club to progress which is the main reason I am so disheartened and worried about our future.

Why is it clear RD did not fancy Riga ? I think the job was already offered to Peeters but Peeters couldn't join until the seasons end. Riga really was an interim. Pity because I think he was a good fit for us.

• Rob62 said:

All those mentioned regardless of whether they would be our manager or not, would cost far more then the £32K KF is on as a network employee.

Luzon was only getting 50k, so that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
    Where has this figure come from ? I doubt RD is paying top dollar but I really doubt that a head coach of a championship club is earning less than £1000 a week.

Ask Colin he does his insurance or something.
  • As I have said elsewhere and others believe, RD is here for the long term given his investment so far. His ideas are flawed and will not succeed unless he changes tack in many areas but especially in player budget. There is little point in appointing head coaches (we will not get an ‘English’ type manager) and not backing them with sufficient funds for a full squad that can compete in this league.
    There is much debate and uninformed ‘beliefs’ that KF is, or has, or in part been responsible for recruitment. Nobody actually knows but, if it is believed that KF and JE have put together a ‘wish list’ and, presuming the remaining/new scouting system and JE’s home knowledge have some handle on it, then the January sales should get us the 4 or more fit and able players that we badly need.
    This is of course reliant on RD loosening the purse strings but unless he is really as crazy or obstinate as some think, then this will happen because otherwise his investment will take a big hit. This is the reason it will happen and not because he cares too much about us supporters.
    Some posters have tried to disparage my support for KD on other threads but I can see improvement in our play. Trouble is that we do not have enough players who are either fully fit, match sharp or experienced that will last a full 90 minutes especially when there are mid week games. There are players that need a rest but there are no quality subs. Last night players needed to be substituted mainly because of injuries but one could see that every substitution affected the team poorly. Okay saying that the midfield should be shored up but we only had Baa available…..
    Players are rushed back after injury and young players have to be used perhaps more than is good for them. Before KD arrived the team did not press the opposition enough and set back inviting pressure on the defence. Trouble is that our squad is slim and injuries, suspension and loss of individual form make this difficult throughout the game. It works early on and we have success but it tails away towards the end and the opposition come back at us…….
    Anyway personally I am confident that the team under KF will get us out of trouble and up the league but he must be backed by KD in January.
  • Sorry, I mean must be backed by RD not KD in January
  • Sponsored links:

• think some of your KD's should be either KF or RD, am I right?
  • Yes your right. Will amend....
  • As I have said elsewhere and others believe, RD is here for the long term given his investment so far. His ideas are flawed and will not succeed unless he changes tack in many areas but especially in player budget. There is little point in appointing head coaches (we will not get an ‘English’ type manager) and not backing them with sufficient funds for a full squad that can compete in this league.
    There is much debate and uninformed ‘beliefs’ that KF is, or has, or in part been responsible for recruitment. Nobody actually knows but, if it is believed that KF and JE have put together a ‘wish list’ and, presuming the remaining/new scouting system and JE’s home knowledge have some handle on it, then the January sales should get us the 4 or more fit and able players that we badly need.
    This is of course reliant on RD loosening the purse strings but unless he is really as crazy or obstinate as some think, then this will happen because otherwise his investment will take a big hit. This is the reason it will happen and not because he cares too much about us supporters.
    Some posters have tried to disparage my support for KF on other threads but I can see improvement in our play. Trouble is that we do not have enough players who are either fully fit, match sharp or experienced that will last a full 90 minutes especially when there are mid week games. There are players that need a rest but there are no quality subs. Last night players needed to be substituted mainly because of injuries but one could see that every substitution affected the team poorly. Okay saying that the midfield should be shored up but we only had Baa available…..
    Players are rushed back after injury and young players have to be used perhaps more than is good for them. Before KF arrived the team did not press the opposition enough and set back inviting pressure on the defence. Trouble is that our squad is slim and injuries, suspension and loss of individual form make this difficult throughout the game. It works early on and we have success but it tails away towards the end and the opposition come back at us…….
    Anyway personally I am confident that the team under KF will get us out of trouble and up the league but he must be backed by KD in January.

Believe I have my KF's correct now....
  • If he was truly an interim manager, he would be gone now. The truth is the owner appoints managers in the same way he appoints CEOs. He is a complete nightmare and needs to get out now. He has already done so much damage. How does his brain work? Not normally, we can clearly gather. He is either a madman or a fool – I suspect a lot of both.
  • 'This is of course reliant on RD loosening the purse strings but unless he is really as crazy or obstinate as some think, then this will happen because otherwise his investment will take a big hit'

he will only loosen the purse strings to the extent that signings will be funded by sales. another problem is that we need Championship quality players and what player will join a basket case of a Club heading for League 1 especially when they will already be at a Club higher than us in the table, unless we are recruiting from Rotherham or Bolton.
  • Nobody actually knows

So you don't know either? But you knew the other day, supposedly, because you knew others to be wrong.
  • We need 3 decent players. An experienced centre half, a midfielder and Watt back! If players don't get on with Watt, and that is the reason he has gone they should take a look at themselves. They are paid to win games for us, not to like their colleagues - feels like there is too much of this nonsense going on behind the scenes. Sherringham and Cole played well together and hated each other. The reason was they were PROFESSIONAL!
  • So you'll both be smiling on the day we get relegated ? Every loss is a nail in the relegation cask.

I honestly find pleasure in us losing frankly unbelievable.

Sometimes you have to take a step back to move forwards.
  • It's baffling. It's not like RD hasn't invested money in the club. Yes, he's made some terrible decisions, but also has brought in some good players. I believe our first XI is decent and good enough to beat anyone in the division on their day (and before you laugh, remember we beat QPR, Hull, the Massives and Brum this term).

The most important person at any football club is the manager though and it's just unfathomable that he can risk his investment/our football club by not hiring someone appropriate to the level we are at. A Warnock/Houghton/Curbishley/Pearson would have us in the top half by now at least (these names are not suggestions, just examples).

The transfer window isn't going to change the fact we don't have a manager that's good enough.
  • Sponsored links:

No, you are wrong.

KF WAS responsible for the player recruitment. I and others have been told that by various sources.

It is NOT uninformed beliefs at all.

Yes, you met him and had a chat (the contents of which you will not disclose) and he is a nice chap.

He may well be a nice chap, he is a poor coach and an even worse talent spotter.
    No Henry it is you that is wrong with your assertions and your 'others'. We are all entitled to our opinions I suppose.... shame that some of us (not saying you as I do respect you despite our disagreement) dress up opinions as facts.
  • Why does everyone think that three decent players would come to us in January? There is a very good chance that we are heading for the First Division.
  • dickplumb said:

Why does everyone think that three decent players would come to us in January? There is a very good chance that we are heading for the First Division.

exactly, as I said on another thread, we need experienced Championship players and why would they come to a basket case of a Club heading towards oblivion? Prepare to be disappointed folks, again.
  • LoOkOuT said:

Nobody actually knows

So you don't know either? But you knew the other day, supposedly, because you knew others to be wrong.
    I should have been more explicit - I mean nobody actually knows who 'actually' is head of recruitment if such a person exists. I was stating that KF was not that 'person'.
  • RedChaser said:

What did he have to say in press conference afterwards

From the BBC Sport Website Charlton interim head coach Karel Fraeye:

"A point against Bolton at home is useless.
    "We played good football up to 32 minutes. Maybe my players were over-confident and we forgot how we managed to get to 2-0 by playing football. And we got punished.
    "I am not disappointed - I am angry. When we play Bolton at home, it is up to us to dictate the play. We can't be happy with what we did on the ball."
    Terrible interview. With that attitude, if he was English, he probably would be saying 'we should be beating the likes of Bolton'
  • LoOkOuT said:

Nobody actually knows

I should have been more explicit - I mean nobody actually knows who 'actually' is head of recruitment if such a person exists. I was stating that KF was not that 'person'.
    prove it
  • LoOkOuT said:

Nobody actually knows

prove it
    Playground response Henry - not worthy of you :-)
  • The interim one will take us down, it's half way through the season, we're still in the same place where we were when Luzon was sacked, I don't care if the manager is British, just bring in a proper manager with some decent managerial credentials.

Oh and signing some half-decent players in January would be good.
  • LoOkOuT said:

Nobody actually knows

prove it
    Playground response Henry - not worthy of you :-)
    Not at all.

You state that you know for a fact that KF is not head of recruitment but offer no evidence, no proof.

You had a chat in the Cray Wanderers club house when he convinced you he was not head of recruitment but will not say why?

Balls in your court, Nigel.
  • dickplumb said:

Why does everyone think that three decent players would come to us in January? There is a very good chance that we are heading for the First Division.

We don't need 3 world beaters, just 3 Championship experienced journeymen. Looking at the teams around us, it should be enough to keep us up, especially if we can finally get Igor fit. Not an exciting ambition, but needs must...