Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fraeye - How long, what next?

Comments

Don't want to stick my nose in an argument (says I sticking my nose in) but if you have been told things you can't repeat why would you mention it?
    I think you are right and I should not have mentioned it.

I do know from a family friend who was doing some work with the club at the time, that KF was at the club "assessing" our squad whilst CP was still manager, so I am inclined to believe Henry(and others) that he has at the very least had some serious involvement in our transfer dealings since then.

Yes he probable was there assessing the players which would be a reasonable thing for RD to ask him to do - whatever we think of RD, in my opinion.

Yep, it's perfectly reasonable, while a manager is already place, to ask a Belgian fourth division manager with no English football experience to assess the squad of a Championship team you've just bought. There's nothing insane about that whatsoever. And considering we subsequently sold Dale Stephens and Yann Kermorgant and replaced them with Polish Pete, Yohann Thuram and Loic Nego I think it's safe to say he made a right bollocks of his assessment
    Blimey KF's coach/managership has dropped from third to fourth now.... Anyway I think your deduction that his assessment, if that is what is was, resulted in all these transfer dealings is suspect to say the least and it has not been made public who made these decisions. Whoever did make these decisions is insane and needs shooting!
    I think you'll find that when Chris Powell was in charge, which is the timeframe we're talking about here, Karel had spent three years at Eendracht Zele, who are in the fourth division. His time in the Belgian third division hadn't happened yet. Granted after that he did take up a role at a Belgian third division club, rendering him only marginally less qualified to take over a second division English team.

So what you're saying is Roland asked Karel Fraeye to assess the squad, presumably Karel gave him an answer because he was at the club, and putting his fingers in his ear and humming whenever Roland asked for a report presumably wouldn't endear him too much, and Roland...what? Ignored the assessment? Went his own way? Because you'd think if Roland was displeased enough with Karel's assessment then he wouldn't subsequently hire him as the new head coach; why would you, the bloke can't appraise a team. Roland asked Karel to appraise the squad, subsequently sold key players and signed players from all over Europe, and you think it's suspect logic to assume Fraeye had some input into this? Who else was it then?
    Appreciate the time it took to answer and the time frame perspective. However my point is that we do not know what sort of assessment was carried out by KF and what if any of his suggestions/findings were followed through. I do not know who is responsible for the comings and goings regarding Charlton; I just know it was not KF.
    Believe me or not I am past caring because if one offers up an alternative perspective on matters there is so much nitpicking and general antipathy.

Don't want to stick my nose in an argument (says I sticking my nose in) but if you have been told things you can't repeat why would you mention it?

I do know from a family friend who was doing some work with the club at the time, that KF was at the club "assessing" our squad whilst CP was still manager, so I am inclined to believe Henry(and others) that he has at the very least had some serious involvement in our transfer dealings since then.

Yes he probable was there assessing the players which would be a reasonable thing for RD to ask him to do - whatever we think of RD, in my opinion.

Yep, it's perfectly reasonable, while a manager is already place, to ask a Belgian fourth division manager with no English football experience to assess the squad of a Championship team you've just bought. There's nothing insane about that whatsoever. And considering we subsequently sold Dale Stephens and Yann Kermorgant and replaced them with Polish Pete, Yohann Thuram and Loic Nego I think it's safe to say he made a right bollocks of his assessment
    Blimey KF's coach/managership has dropped from third to fourth now.... Anyway I think your deduction that his assessment, if that is what is was, resulted in all these transfer dealings is suspect to say the least and it has not been made public who made these decisions. Whoever did make these decisions is insane and needs shooting!
    I think you'll find that when Chris Powell was in charge, which is the timeframe we're talking about here, Karel had spent three years at Eendracht Zele, who are in the fourth division. His time in the Belgian third division hadn't happened yet. Granted after that he did take up a role at a Belgian third division club, rendering him only marginally less qualified to take over a second division English team.

So what you're saying is Roland asked Karel Fraeye to assess the squad, presumably Karel gave him an answer because he was at the club, and putting his fingers in his ear and humming whenever Roland asked for a report presumably wouldn't endear him too much, and Roland...what? Ignored the assessment? Went his own way? Because you'd think if Roland was displeased enough with Karel's assessment then he wouldn't subsequently hire him as the new head coach; why would you, the bloke can't appraise a team. Roland asked Karel to appraise the squad, subsequently sold key players and signed players from all over Europe, and you think it's suspect logic to assume Fraeye had some input into this? Who else was it then?
    Appreciate the time it took to answer and the time frame perspective. However my point is that we do not know what sort of assessment was carried out by KF and what if any of his suggestions/findings were followed through. I do not know who is responsible for the comings and goings regarding Charlton; I just know it was not KF.
    Believe me or not I am past caring because if one offers up an alternative perspective on matters there is so much nitpicking and general antipathy.
    Sometimes unfortunately I do have to do a bit of work. They take away my Charlton Life privileges otherwise. I do find it funny that you call having the fact you got something wrong pointed out 'perspective'. Do you work for our government?

I know you're on a wind up, but we've got several people, who are generally trustworthy sources, saying that they have been told Fraeye picked out our players, which would explain why he's been here since we first started bringing players in, and we've got you, someone completely adamant that nothing can be known in this world except Fraeye isn't picking the players. I think it's not Fraeye therefore I am. You'll have to forgive me, but considering you quite aggressively tear down Henry for failing to, in your eyes, adequately cite his sources, I can't help but disregard your 'I spoke to Karel in a clubhouse once, also my super secret friend told me it could be literally anyone, from Cheryl Cole to Hitler picking our players, but it's definitely not Karel. No further questions' statement and apply a bit of logic.

Sarcasm is not your thing so keep to the day job. I am on no wind up but what the fuck!
  • dickplumb said:

Why does everyone think that three decent players would come to us in January? There is a very good chance that we are heading for the First Division.

This is an excellent question and one that our owner ought to consider very carefully. The further we travel down the path of madness, the harder it will become to ever recruit anyone of a reasonable calibre (either players or management). That will ultimately mean that the price we would have to pay for people will be higher than comparative clubs which aren't known to the whole footballing industry as complete basket cases.
  • Don't want to stick my nose in an argument (says I sticking my nose in) but if you have been told things you can't repeat why would you mention it?

If it is true that KF advised on players, his mandate was probably, "Who can we sell and get money for and what cheap alternatives can you find abroad to replace them"
  • Luzon last 8 games = Drew 2 Lost 6 For 5 Against 17 Points 2. Conclusion.....Dire stuff. Fraeye first 8 games = Won 2 Drew 2 Lost 4 For 8 Against 13 Points 8. Conclusion......Improvement. Still below par, but, sack him? He is actually doing better than Reed in 2006-2007. My guess would be - barring a string of heavy defeats in the interim - that he'll be around for an influx of new players in January. The issue is that RD might have miscalculated and let us drop to far down this season to be resuscitated, even if Fraeye turned out to be a genius manager.
  • edited December 2015

Rob62 said:

All those mentioned regardless of whether they would be our manager or not, would cost far more then the £32K KF is on as a network employee.

Luzon was only getting 50k, so that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
    Where has this figure come from ? I doubt RD is paying top dollar but I really doubt that a head coach of a championship club is earning less than £1000 a week.

I was told by someone who would know. I couldn't believe it either. This is why the idea of a British or experienced coach is not something that is even close to hapenning. I can't believe that KF is earning more than Luzon.

• Rob62 said:

Rob62 said:

All those mentioned regardless of whether they would be our manager or not, would cost far more then the £32K KF is on as a network employee.

Where has this figure come from ? I doubt RD is paying top dollar but I really doubt that a head coach of a championship club is earning less than £1000 a week.

I was told by someone who would know. I couldn't believe it either.

Well if that's right we are in a lot worse trouble than I thought.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2015

Rob62 said:

Rob62 said:

I was told by someone who would know. I couldn't believe it either.

Well if that's right we are in a lot worse trouble than I thought.
    At the same time, who knows whether our manager was being paid by other entities in the network at the same time.
  • I completely forgot he was temporary and had just accepted he was now our manager.
  • I think the fact that nobody knows for sure who is assessing and selecting players for Charlton tells its own story.
  • You are right bellz2002. I heard that part of the reason our managers have had such short tenure recently is that they were unwilling to work closely with KF who must be on very good terms with Duchatelet. Perhaps he has been earmarked for the job all along and that it was the others who were 'interim' - who knows in this topsy-turvy heartbreaking regime?
  • It shows how bad things on, when a head/coach takes a young player off who's scored 2 goals and the crowd think it for tactical reasons ?
    They now say it was a hammy strain.

I would have said to Lookman; limp for a minutes before coming off.
    the "you don't know what your doing" didn't help but our supporters are now so punch drunk, they will always believe the worst.
  • Yeah I agree no ones in a good place. I couldn't get to the game but listened on Player. The commentators did comment on the fact they thought his hamstring had been pulled and he signalled to come off as it happened and that they thought the fans hadn't seen that (off the ball I think)
  • anyway the master plan is now clear. Have KF as interim manager until our real target Jose becomes available and snap him up overnight.
  • Sponsored links:

• anyway the master plan is now clear. Have KF as interim manager until our real target Jose becomes available and snap him up overnight.

Whilst he kept us up, he is still not the answer for the long term.

I suppose he may be the best option for us, keeping Fraeye with him, it worked last time.
  • Too many Jose's. I'd probably rather have Riga back than Mourinho even though that wasn't what I first meant
  • So, reading this through, the conclusion is that the word 'interim' was just dreamt up by the Belgian Mafia to keep the elderly fanbase at bay. Clearly, almost two months after his appointment there is no genuine attempt to find anyone else to run the club and two points from our last 12 has not even stirred KM into any kind of comments. So what we are stuck with is a bargain basement unsuitable and inexperienced interim manager who is already taking pot shots at players he may (depending on who you believe) have helped sign in a former life. And we wonder why we might be heading for Division 1. If we didn't all know better we might be forgiven for thinking KM and RD want that to happen ...
  • I heard there is a desk at the euro tunnel asking all Belgiums if that would like a interview to be charltons new head coach. We are in the process of interviews with 2000 Belgiums so Karel can have interim job for rest of season. I mean we want to get this appointment right we don't want to sack the next Alex Ferguson after 10 games next season do we
  • I heard there is a desk at the euro tunnel asking all Belgiums if that would like a interview to be charltons new head coach. We are in the process of interviews with 2000 Belgiums so Karel can have interim job for rest of season. I mean we want to get this appointment right we don't want to sack the next Alex Ferguson after 10 games next season do we

Since there's only one Belgium in the world, I don't know what the other 1999 are. Are they alien countries?
  • edited December 2015
    IA said:

I heard there is a desk at the euro tunnel asking all Belgiums if that would like a interview to be charltons new head coach. We are in the process of interviews with 2000 Belgiums so Karel can have interim job for rest of season. I mean we want to get this appointment right we don't want to sack the next Alex Ferguson after 10 games next season do we

Since there's only one Belgium in the world, I don't know what the other 1999 are. Are they alien countries?
    Bloody migrants mate... it's the next logical step! I heard Happyclappystan tried to sneak in as Belgium last week. Bollocks coz out of 1.5 million of the feckers not one had a FIFA coaching license!
  • edited December 2015
    If he doesn't go today then we must give him and KM hell next home game, two arseholes well out of their depth.
  • braydex said:

braydex said:

and do I feel guilty for smirking when we lose at the moment? I did, yes. But not anymore. Because genetically, we all have a built in 'I told you so' emotion.

Each to their own but I genuinely don't know how any supporter can think that.

I desperately want Charlton owned differently, run differently and managed differently, but nowhere near as much as I want to be proved completely wrong and Fraeye turns out to be some magician and Charlton win every game.

Like you say, each to their own and to be honest, like you, I know who will and wont agree with me. But...the reason for admitting publicly on this forum that I 'smirk' when we lose, admit that i'm just a little bit pleased when we lose, is because I know that others feel the same. KF is not the right man to manage the team. He was gifted the position and it was again, a very poor decision by RD and KM to appoint him. I don't want him to be our manager on an interim or full time basis, and the only way that MAY happen is if the team keep losing. I know that's hard to accept but it's true.

I have this view and still do the aways!
    I've disagreed with you about Karel as I wanted him to be given a chance. It seems that he hasn't been able to take his chance and being in the bottom 3 at Christmas we must act now.
  • About 7 minutes + injury time....